Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #241
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

So I see that I can get a cake delivered to my room...can I get it delivered before we arrive? We'll be staying at ASMovies for 4 nights and then switch to the Polynesian CL. I was hoping that the cake could be in our room, on the table, when we check in to the Poly. Possible?

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
Old 05-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #242
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
My question is just about the standard 6-in cake since we will definitely not need more than that. Can you get any personalization done on those cakes or not?
They can write on the top or on the plate (depends on what the standard decorations are).

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Also, are there any pictures of it anywhere so I can see what I'm ordering? I see the links to the more fancy cakes, but didn't know if I was skipping over pictures of the 6-in chocolate on chocolate cakes. Thanks!
They look like this:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #243
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys3 View Post
So I see that I can get a cake delivered to my room...can I get it delivered before we arrive? We'll be staying at ASMovies for 4 nights and then switch to the Polynesian CL. I was hoping that the cake could be in our room, on the table, when we check in to the Poly. Possible?
Unfortunately, you need to be checked in before Disney will deliver anything—luggage, cakes, etc.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #244
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Unfortunately, you need to be checked in before Disney will deliver anything—luggage, cakes, etc.
Thank you for your quick response! But ugh, not the answer I was hoping for! I will figure something out...maybe I can get them to deliver it when we are at 'Ohana for dinner? I don't know if that is possible either, being our ADR is for 8:30 pm!

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
Old 05-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #245
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
They can write on the top or on the plate (depends on what the standard decorations are).

They look like this:

Thanks so much for your quick reply!! This is perfect for what we need.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
Old 05-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #246
lurkyloo

Quote:
Thank you for your quick response! But ugh, not the answer I was hoping for! I will figure something out...maybe I can get them to deliver it when we are at 'Ohana for dinner? I don't know if that is possible either, being our ADR is for 8:30 pm!
Yes! Private dining is open til midnight.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #247
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Quote:
Yes! Private dining is open til midnight.
Yes, an answer I am happy with LOL! Thank you

Old 05-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #248
abowman02
Earning My Ears

Cake for CG Dinner - Ordered from Brian at Contemporary

Here are some photos of the cake that we ordered from Brian at the Contemporary for our anniversary dinner at California Grille and below is the information.

Price = $100
Date Received = 12/14/2010
Location = CA Grille, Contemporary
Cake info = 8" round; Vanilla cake with Raspberry Bavarian Cream filling; butter cream frosting with fondant overlay.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #249
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

I'm looking for some advice here....if the taste of the cake is more important than the presentation, would any of you still order through Disney? We're going to be staying at the Beach Club this year on DH's birthday. We stay at Disney every single year during my birthday in January, but this is our first time ever going for his. I'd love to get a cake and make it extra special for him...the thing is, he's not one to be wowed by decorations and fondant work, and no Disney character could make him possibly more excited than the actual taste of the cake. Is it possible to order a cake with wedding-cake like flavors (not just chocolate/vanilla) with very minimal decor for a decent price? Or, with taste being the only priority, should I just forget the Disney idea and order from Publix like I do every year?

B & C , Local AP/TiW holders & resort junkies!
12/08: CR & SSR|10/09: VWL| 1/10:AKL&POFQ| 10/10:AKL| 1/11:CR| 2/11:POFQ| 1/12:AKL|5/12:BC|
9/12:BC| 10/12:SSR| 1/13:ASMu| 5/13:BC| 6/13:POP| 8/13:WL| 10/13:POFQ| 12/13:Disney Dream| 1/14: ASMu| 3/14: BC
Old 05-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #250
abowman02
Earning My Ears

You can get anything you want. You just need to ask.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #251
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know about cakes specifically, but I'm pretty sure I have read about CL guests having items in the room when they arrive. I know it is not available if you are not staying CL, but you might e-mail the Poly IPO office to see if they can help you. We've only stayed CL once (at AKL), and we did have a personalized note and some chocolates waiting for us when we checked in.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #252
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
I'm looking for some advice here....if the taste of the cake is more important than the presentation, would any of you still order through Disney? We're going to be staying at the Beach Club this year on DH's birthday. We stay at Disney every single year during my birthday in January, but this is our first time ever going for his. I'd love to get a cake and make it extra special for him...the thing is, he's not one to be wowed by decorations and fondant work, and no Disney character could make him possibly more excited than the actual taste of the cake. Is it possible to order a cake with wedding-cake like flavors (not just chocolate/vanilla) with very minimal decor for a decent price? Or, with taste being the only priority, should I just forget the Disney idea and order from Publix like I do every year?
If Publix is a surefire hit with your DH, stick with Publix. Picking a fancy flavor of Disney cake isn't going to make much of a difference. People have mixed opinions on the taste of Disney's cake (and I've had everything from blah to fabulous at Disney), but it seems like everyone likes Publix cakes.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:52 AM   #253
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I don't know about cakes specifically, but I'm pretty sure I have read about CL guests having items in the room when they arrive. I know it is not available if you are not staying CL, but you might e-mail the Poly IPO office to see if they can help you. We've only stayed CL once (at AKL), and we did have a personalized note and some chocolates waiting for us when we checked in.
Thank you! I will contact the IPO...I would love for the cake to be there before we step into the room but if not, after our 'Ohana dinner will work out too!

Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #254
DisRunnerGal
Earning My Ears

I'm a little confused here. I am planning on ordering a 6" cake from the boardwalk bakery. We are staying there and having a pool day when I plan on picking it up, so I thought that would be convenient. I just wanted to order a basic cake with buttercream frosting and have "Have a Magical Anniversary" written on it with some little Mickey shapes on it. I seem to read conflicting posts about whether or not that can be done at the boardwalk. Anyone have any insight?
Old 05-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #255
lurkyloo

Yes, that can be done—just tell them what you want when you call. If you're staying there, you don't have to pick it up; they'll deliver it to your room.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: