Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #2521
mickeyhereicome
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Western, MA
Posts: 227

Peter Pan cake for Son's 5th Birthday

We decided to take a last minute trip to Disney for my son's 5th birthday. I knew I wanted to order a cake from Disney, but we had not decided on a sit down restaurant. I took a chance and called dining reservation line on Thursday at 1pm, and to my surprise I was able to get Be our Guest, for either Friday or Saturday evening. I knew I needed 48 hour notice for a cake, so I picked Saturday at 5pm. I immediately emailed Magic Kingdom cakes, and received my order form within an hour. We left for our trip on Thursday (we drove) and I was able to email back and forth with Amy at Magic Kingdom cakes to pick a printed design for the top of the cake. We were told we could not have Star Wars, which was our first choice. We also asked if we could do a picture of a few Pixar characters together. I provided a photo from Pixar's website. Unfortunately, we had to wait for the bakery to decide if this picture would be allowed. We didn't hear back until Friday. It was a no, because these characters do not appear in a movie together. That is when we decided on Peter Pan. Amy provided the image. Since we did not finalize the cake order 48 hours prior to date needed, we couldn't have the dark chocolate filing, we had to have white chocolate filling. This was not a big deal. We finalized the cake on Friday at 11am and had a freshly baked and decorated cake delivered to Be our Guest on Saturday, for 5pm. The cake was delicious very large for two adult and two kids. We took it back to our room and put it in the fridge. We are still enjoying it! The cake box said it was prepared by Brian. The only complaints would be, there was a thick layer of buttercream frosting and I liked the image, but wish it was more Peter Pan and Captain Hook and less of Wendy, especially since I asked for an image of Peter Pan and Captain Hook. My son still loved it, so we loved it. Now we are planning a trip for my 3 year old for his birthday in January. He already stated he would like a Mickey Mouse cake. It was a pleasure to work with Disney to order a cake! The cake cost $32and the image $15, plus tax and gratuity. We used our TiW for a discount.


mickeyhereicome is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #2522
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!
 
jcemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: too far from WDW
Posts: 8,486

Thanks for sharing! Your cake looks nice and colorful! It does seem that they could have easily cut Wendy out of the picture and included all of Peter Pan instead.
__________________
Tracey


* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #2523
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodls01 View Post
Is the altered Slipper Package only available at Cinderella's Castle or can it be delivered to Trails End?

TiA
Not sure you could get the inedible parts, but it's worth calling and asking about the chocolate slipper, since it's made for the MK by the Contemporary, which also does the cakes for Fort Wilderness. See Post #2 for FW's number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLvr55 View Post
Does anyone have a shot of the two tier mini cake that they offer at HDDR? They said they have one that is just two tier, and one that also has the castle on top? We are going the night before Halloween, and its for my FIL's 72nd birthday (which is actually a few weeks before).
So far Disney hasn't released any standard shots of their mini cakes, and there seem to be a couple of different designs that people get when they don't really specify a particular design. Here are the two I am *guessing* they mean...



lurkyloo is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #2524
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer
 
RapunzelFloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 257

Disney cruise cake

I have decided to do my hubby a big surprise bday for his 30th, with stay at beach club before and then four night cruise. I wanted to do a chernabog cake at maybe the california grill for his bday and then maybe later that night have a cupcake or mini cake with cruise related theme brought to room so I can tell him on his birthday that we are leaving for the cruise the next day. Has anyone done any cruise related cakes or cupcakes, or has any ideas?
__________________


Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
RapunzelFloyd is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #2525
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away
 
DisneyLvr55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 844

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
So far Disney hasn't released any standard shots of their mini cakes, and there seem to be a couple of different designs that people get when they don't really specify a particular design. Here are the two I am *guessing* they mean...



Thanks! I think I'm going to tell them to do which ever one they can do the most/best Halloween decorations on.
__________________
DisneyLvr55 is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #2526
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelFloyd View Post
I have decided to do my hubby a big surprise bday for his 30th, with stay at beach club before and then four night cruise. I wanted to do a chernabog cake at maybe the california grill for his bday and then maybe later that night have a cupcake or mini cake with cruise related theme brought to room so I can tell him on his birthday that we are leaving for the cruise the next day. Has anyone done any cruise related cakes or cupcakes, or has any ideas?
You'd have to run them by the pastry team at the Beach Club to see if they can do something similar, but one of these would be cute...





lurkyloo is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #2527
nannye
DIS Veteran
 
nannye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: K-W, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,599

Any suggestions for a cute Disney "welcome back" saying for our Mickey/Minnie classic themed cake? Welcome back just doesnt sound good enough.

Also ha anyone ever had the caramel chocolate mousse?
__________________
Me Erin (30) & nanny to V (6)
August 2013 PTR! 3rd Times A Charm August 2013 PTR

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP


Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Last edited by nannye; 08-05-2013 at 07:27 PM.
nannye is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #2528
nannye
DIS Veteran
 
nannye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: K-W, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,599

Recommendations for red velvet cake filling? There s the standard cream cheese but has anyone got anything else with it? No nuts please? I'm wondering about 2 different fillings for it too, try something new, Amy suggestions?
__________________
Me Erin (30) & nanny to V (6)
August 2013 PTR! 3rd Times A Charm August 2013 PTR

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP


Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #2529
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!
 
TiggerTrigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 100 Acre Wood
Posts: 1,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Recommendations for red velvet cake filling? There s the standard cream cheese but has anyone got anything else with it? No nuts please? I'm wondering about 2 different fillings for it too, try something new, Amy suggestions?
We ordered a red velvet cake a couple of years ago. It was a Belle themed cake and I was on this odd yellow and red theme, so I actually had it filled with passion fruit mousse. What's funny...while probably not the ideal pairing for red velvet, it also wasn't bad.

Cream Cheese, Bavarian Cream, Buttercream, and White Chocolate Mousse seem like all of the obvious mild choices. The caramel milk chocolate, the bailey's and the mocha all sound like stronger flavors that might be better at complimenting the red velvet. So maybe between the strong and the mild- you could consider a combo. I think the dark chocolate and straight milk chocolate would compete too much with the red velvet.
__________________
DHME DD7DD6Daisy Doggy
Plotting a trip to DLR for 2015 and prepping for the Princess Half in 2016!!!
TiggerTrigger is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #2530
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!
 
TiggerTrigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 100 Acre Wood
Posts: 1,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Any suggestions for a cute Disney "welcome back" saying for our Mickey/Minnie classic themed cake? Welcome back just doesnt sound good enough.

Also ha anyone ever had the caramel chocolate mousse?
Instead of 'welcome back' - maybe "Welcome Home!" - like they say at the various resorts?
__________________
DHME DD7DD6Daisy Doggy
Plotting a trip to DLR for 2015 and prepping for the Princess Half in 2016!!!
TiggerTrigger is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #2531
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran
 
pascalstongue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: High Wycombe, UK
Posts: 543



Sorry that the picture is on it's side!

This was DD's cake for her 4th birthday I ordered for our dinner at Be Our Guest.

It was chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream and fondant icing. The chocolate Rapunzel picture on top was huge! There were seven of us in total and with the dining plan as well the 12" was way too much for us!

It cost $115 in total from Chef Brian at the Contempory. My only request was that it was a Rapunzel "Floating Lights" cake and I was very pleased with the result.
__________________


pascalstongue is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #2532
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!
 
Claire&TheBoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunny Florida
Posts: 5,807

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalstongue View Post
This was DD's cake for her 4th birthday I ordered for our dinner at Be Our Guest.

It was chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream and fondant icing. The chocolate Rapunzel picture on top was huge! There were seven of us in total and with the dining plan as well the 12" was way too much for us!

It cost $115 in total from Chef Brian at the Contempory. My only request was that it was a Rapunzel "Floating Lights" cake and I was very pleased with the result.
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
__________________
Claire Married 17 years to With (12) and (8)

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #2533
mrorke
Earning My Ears
 
mrorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 28

Can I have a cake from Babycakes delivered to the Yachtsman for our first dinner in Disney? I want to have a safe and special desert for my son's first disney trip.
__________________
Wilderness Lodge September 2013
Grand Floridian September 2014

mrorke is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #2534
kimmy85
PROUD US ARMY MOM!
 
kimmy85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Mass
Posts: 124

Question Cake surprise for DH; advice on room or restaurant delivery?

Hi All-

These forums have been very helpful so I am reaching out once again.

My situation - staying at CBR in late Sept and it is the first trip with my DH. On our first full day there, it is the 7-month anniversary of our elopement/wedding.

I want to surprise DH and order one of the two mini cakes lurkyloo posted pictures of (since our original wedding cake was a mini from Publix). We have ADR at Kouzzina that evening.

Is it better to have the cake delivered when we are out of the room ("Surprise!") or have it delivered table side at Kouzzina? Does the ultimate delivery "site" narrow my choice of mini cake?

Any advice or good/bad experiences? Thanks for your input!
kimmy85 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #2535
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrorke View Post
Can I have a cake from Babycakes delivered to the Yachtsman for our first dinner in Disney? I want to have a safe and special desert for my son's first disney trip.
Yes. See "What if someone in my party has dietary restrictions?" in the FAQ in Post #1 for information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy85 View Post
Hi All-

These forums have been very helpful so I am reaching out once again.

My situation - staying at CBR in late Sept and it is the first trip with my DH. On our first full day there, it is the 7-month anniversary of our elopement/wedding.

I want to surprise DH and order one of the two mini cakes lurkyloo posted pictures of (since our original wedding cake was a mini from Publix). We have ADR at Kouzzina that evening.

Is it better to have the cake delivered when we are out of the room ("Surprise!") or have it delivered table side at Kouzzina? Does the ultimate delivery "site" narrow my choice of mini cake?
BoardWalk Bakery will be making the cake if it's to be delivered to either of those locations, but you will only be able to work with them directly if you have it delivered to Kouzzina. For CBR, you'll need to contact someone in the Food & Beverage Dept at CBR (see post #2) who serves as a middleman between you and BWB.

That said, you may want to sneak off during dinner and remind your server that you have a cake ordered. You often hear of them forgetting/being unaware of the cake.
lurkyloo is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: