Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #2491
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
I was worried they wouldn't be able to do the peanut butter mousse but Chef Brain said no problem! That made my day. I ordered about 2 weeks out from when we need the cake. Didn't seem to be a problem! I guess I'll know for sure in two weeks!
The 50th birthday cake Chef Brian did for my sister was chocolate with peanut butter mousse filling. It was delicious! Good choice!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 07-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #2492
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how much the cakes at Boardwalk Bakery are? It looks like they might be 10 inch? Al so what flavors they have? I know they require 24 hours but that's no problem! Thank you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #2493
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Sounds wonderful. Please post some pictures
Will do! I am so excited about this cake! It's the first time we've ordered one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
The 50th birthday cake Chef Brian did for my sister was chocolate with peanut butter mousse filling. It was delicious! Good choice!
That's what we are getting! I'm glad to hear a fabulous recommendation! The lady on the cake line who took our order said it would taste like a Recess Peanut Butter Cup!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 07-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #2494
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Does anyone know how much the cakes at Boardwalk Bakery are? It looks like they might be 10 inch? Al so what flavors they have? I know they require 24 hours but that's no problem! Thank you!
Post #2 of this thread has pricing and info on BoardWalk Bakery. They will customize cakes smaller than 10 inches—I've even gotten a mini cake there. Custom cakes actually require 48 hours' notice.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #2495
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know around how much Disney charges to do a custom groom's cake? I'm not sure where to go about finding the info. Thanks!

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Old 07-31-2013, 06:43 AM   #2496
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Post #2 of this thread has pricing and info on BoardWalk Bakery. They will customize cakes smaller than 10 inches—I've even gotten a mini cake there. Custom cakes actually require 48 hours' notice.
Thank you Lurky! We'll be arriving on Saturday and her birthday is on Wednesday. We'll be staying at POR, so just a boat ride away!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #2497
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Thank you Lurky! We'll be arriving on Saturday and her birthday is on Wednesday. We'll be staying at POR, so just a boat ride away!
Just want to make sure you know you can't take a boat from POR to Boardwalk. The POR boats only go to DTD. The boats that are in the Boardwalk area only service Epcot, Studios, Swan/Dolphin, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Boardwalk. Two different waterways and two different boats. I wouldn't want you to get to POR, be planning on taking a boat to Boardwalk and find out none exists. To get from POR to Boardwalk, you can either bus/boat to DTD, then bus to Boardwalk, or from POR take a Studios bus and pick up the boat there to go to Boardwalk. So if you can get the cake delivered to your room, or to a restaurant, it will be much simpler.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #2498
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetmeinmontauk View Post
Does anyone know around how much Disney charges to do a custom groom's cake? I'm not sure where to go about finding the info. Thanks!
I really think it depends on the size and what you want! I was quoted $200 for a 10 inch pirate themed cake. I am going through Pat at the GF. I think it may also depend on which bakery you use.

Are you doing a DFTW?? If so you may be able to speak with your planner. I'm a DCL bride so I am going through private dining for the night before our cruise.

I hope this helped
Jodi
Old 07-31-2013, 08:55 PM   #2499
princeprincess
Earning My Ears

Heading to Disney in 4 days and staying for 2.5 weeks. DD's birthday happens about 10 days into our trip and we are doing CRT for it. I've been considering ordering a cake but don't know what size to get for the 4 of us (dd-2 , ds -4). Also, would it be easier to order down there? Would the concierge be able to help?
Old 08-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #2500
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeprincess View Post
Heading to Disney in 4 days and staying for 2.5 weeks. DD's birthday happens about 10 days into our trip and we are doing CRT for it. I've been considering ordering a cake but don't know what size to get for the 4 of us (dd-2 , ds -4). Also, would it be easier to order down there? Would the concierge be able to help?
A 6-inch cake is more than enough for two adults and two children. If you have a very specific idea about what you want and hope to send in photos, it's actually easier to order now so you can do everything by email. I'm sure a concierge could help you out with a very basic cake, but I'd always rather speak directly with the pastry chef, or at least Private Dining at the place where I'm ordering the cake—and that's best done via phone and email.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #2501
wannabemini
Mouseketeer

Not sure if I can ask this question here, please forgive if it should be somewhere else--if I am celebrating my anniversary at CRT with all the kids (6 of us total), what is the best size cake to order? I wrote & asked about getting a cake when we do dinner at Chef Mickeys -- requested an 8 in choc/choc with an anniversary M/M with red & yellow accents, and got back a note saying they could do fondant covered with red & yellow for 122. Now I wonder if it's the size or style making it pricier???

I really just wanted choc/choc because hubs & kids love choc, but also b/c I wanted it to be much less pricey! I'd still rather celebrate at CM, because we'd be going straight back to the resort with any leftovers, but thought if what I could get at CRT might be cheaper, I'd go that route?

Any suggestions?
Old 08-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #2502
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemini View Post
Not sure if I can ask this question here, please forgive if it should be somewhere else--if I am celebrating my anniversary at CRT with all the kids (6 of us total), what is the best size cake to order? I wrote & asked about getting a cake when we do dinner at Chef Mickeys -- requested an 8 in choc/choc with an anniversary M/M with red & yellow accents, and got back a note saying they could do fondant covered with red & yellow for 122. Now I wonder if it's the size or style making it pricier???

I really just wanted choc/choc because hubs & kids love choc, but also b/c I wanted it to be much less pricey! I'd still rather celebrate at CM, because we'd be going straight back to the resort with any leftovers, but thought if what I could get at CRT might be cheaper, I'd go that route?

Any suggestions?
I'm sure the fondant is making the cost go up. I would ask what they can do with buttercream.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 08-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #2503
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemini View Post
requested an 8 in choc/choc with an anniversary M/M with red & yellow accents, and got back a note saying they could do fondant covered with red & yellow for 122. Now I wonder if it's the size or style making it pricier???
Yeah, it's the fondant and the size. You'd be fine with a 6-inch cake for a group that size if it includes kids, and covering the cake in chocolate buttercream will be a lot cheaper without fondant on top. The same bakery makes cakes for both places, so the price won't change based on location. Just the criteria mentioned above.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #2504
graybear
Earning My Ears

Hi! I've read through a ton of posts (so many awesome cakes) but I haven't been able to read the entire thread.

Does anyone know if you can get a gluten free cake without getting the allergen free cake? We will be there in early Sept. and my youngest's 3rd birthday will be on our second day there, our Epcot day. We had originally planned to skip a cake but he keeps talking about having chocolate cake with Mickey Mouse on it for his birthday...he LOVES Mickey! So we are trying to figure out our options. 3 of us (including the birthday boy) are gluten free but that is the only dietary restriction we have. Would they be able to do just a g-free cake or will the allergen cake or Babycakes be our only option? We will be staying at POR and have an ADR for Garden Grill that night.

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #2505
nannye
DIS Veteran

I want to get a cake delivered to POR. I would like it delivered to the room so I would have to coordinate with boardwalk bakery. We are going to hoop dee doo for 4 pm and I'd like to arrange for delivery about 530 or 6 can they be that accurate with delivery? I don't really want the. Cake sitting out because I want a refrigerated filling.

Is there a delivery charge?

From reading posts it seems the board walk Bakery can be a bit challenging to deal with and coordinate? I saw a picture of a cake done at BB and the price seemed pretty expensive for what it was. Are BB cakes typically more expensive?

Another option would be to get a cake delivered to hoop dee doo. We wouldn't actually eat it there, just box it up and bring it back to the room. Hoop dee doo is services by the contemporary right? I have Brian doing our other cake so I'm wondering IF this option would just be Easier?

Any thoughts or opinions?

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Last edited by nannye; 08-02-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: