Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #2476
mrsaumock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
The cake toppers are not edible.

As of last December, Rapunzel and Merida were not available.
Thank you!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #2477
jac1976
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
Hi I'm getting ready to order my daughter's birthday cake for over at GF. I think things have changed since the last time I ordered one in 2011.

Is the choices for cake chocolate or vanilla only.
Is the filling choices buttercream, moose ( chocolate or vanilla), or strawberry only. I swore there were for for birthday cakes.

Also I was told all clip art has to go through legal now so there might not be as many choices. We wanted Ariel in her pink gown. I have seen it used before. We also wanted Sebastian and flounder on it as clip art to spruce it up a bit.

Finally they were telling me there is pretty much a standard Ariel water themed fondant cake they do with waves and seashells and such. Can't seem to find a pic of it. I went through the 165 pages.

Any help would be cool. Seems like there isn't a lot of choices anymore? Or is it me?
I just ordered an Ariel/Prince Eric cake for our vow renewal. We're having it delivered to the Garden View Tea Room, so I dealt with Pat at the Grand Floridian. I was given the choice between 2 clipart pictures for the top. I used this picture as my inspiration and sent it to Pat so she knew what I was thinking. She wasn't sure if they could still get the seahorses, but for an 8 inch fondant covered cake decorated with shells and coral and seahorses with a clip art of Eric and Ariel, I was quoted $125.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #2478
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaumock View Post
Thank you!
A few pages ago, someone posted about getting a Sophia the First Cake. It was similar to the CRT Package but instead of the "half doll" piece, the top half of Sophia was printed but the lower half looked like her dress. You could probably do this with any of the princesses.

Edit:
Found it. Here is the link

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...postcount=2168

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess

Last edited by Disney_Princess83; 07-28-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #2479
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1976 View Post

I just ordered an Ariel/Prince Eric cake for our vow renewal. We're having it delivered to the Garden View Tea Room, so I dealt with Pat at the Grand Floridian. I was given the choice between 2 clipart pictures for the top. I used this picture as my inspiration and sent it to Pat so she knew what I was thinking. She wasn't sure if they could still get the seahorses, but for an 8 inch fondant covered cake decorated with shells and coral and seahorses with a clip art of Eric and Ariel, I was quoted $125.
I was going to send her a pic of her in the pink dress at the end. I saw it on another cake before. It was really nice. When u guys going? Would love to see a pic of it. We leave for mid October. What were ur 2 choices. We also asked about flounder and Sebastian and she said she had to ask legal.

Thanksgiving week at AKV's with my family and parents!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
Old 07-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #2480
jac1976
Mouseketeer

We are going over Labor Day. My two choices of clipart were of Eric and Ariel dancing or Eric and Ariel about to kiss. (I specificially asked for a picture of both Eric and Ariel.) I will certainly post a picture of the cake when we return.

I think I know the picture of Ariel that you are talking about. That cake was beautiful. I found that sending pictures helped Pat picture what I was imagining in my head.

I originally was thinking about a Toy Story cake, but we ran into a problem with legal- I was expecting it though as I was pretty sure Disney did not hold the copyright to the Potato Heads (which I wanted on the cake.)
Old 07-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #2481
mrsaumock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post

A few pages ago, someone posted about getting a Sophia the First Cake. It was similar to the CRT Package but instead of the "half doll" piece, the top half of Sophia was printed but the lower half looked like her dress. You could probably do this with any of the princesses.

Edit:
Found it. Here is the link

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...postcount=2168
Thanks for that info!! It helps me see the cake parts too. I also got an email back - Rapunzel is now being offered as an option as well.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #2482
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

I emailed the Contemporary and heard back from Chef Brian within 24 hours! I asked for a Peter Pan mini cake and was quoted $50. I also asked for the peanut butter mouse filling and he told me that was "no problem" and to call in the order to the cake hotline. I'm so excited! I gave him creative license on the cake so I'm curious to see what he comes up with, but either way I know my boys will love it, especially the birthday boy!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL
Old 07-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #2483
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1976 View Post
We are going over Labor Day. My two choices of clipart were of Eric and Ariel dancing or Eric and Ariel about to kiss. (I specificially asked for a picture of both Eric and Ariel.) I will certainly post a picture of the cake when we return.

I think I know the picture of Ariel that you are talking about. That cake was beautiful. I found that sending pictures helped Pat picture what I was imagining in my head.

I originally was thinking about a Toy Story cake, but we ran into a problem with legal- I was expecting it though as I was pretty sure Disney did not hold the copyright to the Potato Heads (which I wanted on the cake.)
I sent her the pics of the clip art so I should be good there as long as it goes through. I have them the go ahead to do what they wanted for everything else.

So we'll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanksgiving week at AKV's with my family and parents!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
Old 07-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #2484
ktdid23
Mouseketeer

I've read through pages and pages of this thread -so much great information! We are going in October and I'd like to get a cake to celebrate my daughter's 3rd birthday. It will be me, my husband, and my almost-3 year old. What size cake would you recommend? I am between a mini cake and a 6 inch, but I think the 6 in. might be too much.... I'd love some sort of princess theme. Would that be available on a mini cake? I think I'd have it delivered to the Liberty Tree Tavern or Akershus, but from what I've read, Akershus is a toss-up. Is that still true? Thank you so much for the help!

POP Century - October 2013
Old 07-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #2485
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdid23 View Post
I've read through pages and pages of this thread -so much great information! We are going in October and I'd like to get a cake to celebrate my daughter's 3rd birthday. It will be me, my husband, and my almost-3 year old. What size cake would you recommend? I am between a mini cake and a 6 inch, but I think the 6 in. might be too much.... I'd love some sort of princess theme. Would that be available on a mini cake? I think I'd have it delivered to the Liberty Tree Tavern or Akershus, but from what I've read, Akershus is a toss-up. Is that still true? Thank you so much for the help!
As fir size I would go with a mini cake. I did one for DH, me and dd2 (2 months shy if 3) at the time. I think they can do themes but it costs a little more than just the basic mini cake. I got. Pirate themed one and it was $55 with tax (just the mini cake I was quoted $35). Sorry I have no idea about the places, we had ours delivered to the luau show at the Polynesian and it was ordered from the GF.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 07-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #2486
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are celebrating our son's 3rd birthday next month at Disney. I just ordered his cake - a mini wedding cake (2 tiers) Peter Pan themed for our family of 4. We ordered ours from the Contemporary to be delivered to our room at Wilderness Lodge. Brian was great to work with and quoted $50 for the cake with peanut butter mouse filling. I can't wait to see what it looks like since I gave him artistic license. The Contemporary bakery handles cakes for Magic Kingdom if I'm not mistaken.

Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL
Old 07-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #2487
ktdid23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
As fir size I would go with a mini cake. I did one for DH, me and dd2 (2 months shy if 3) at the time. I think they can do themes but it costs a little more than just the basic mini cake. I got. Pirate themed one and it was $55 with tax (just the mini cake I was quoted $35). Sorry I have no idea about the places, we had ours delivered to the luau show at the Polynesian and it was ordered from the GF.
Perfect - thank you! Now to decide where to have our cake delivered

Old 07-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #2488
ktdid23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
We are celebrating our son's 3rd birthday next month at Disney. I just ordered his cake - a mini wedding cake (2 tiers) Peter Pan themed for our family of 4. We ordered ours from the Contemporary to be delivered to our room at Wilderness Lodge. Brian was great to work with and quoted $50 for the cake with peanut butter mouse filling. I can't wait to see what it looks like since I gave him artistic license. The Contemporary bakery handles cakes for Magic Kingdom if I'm not mistaken.
The peanut butter mousse sounds amazing! Do I need to wait until much closer for a quote? I don't want to place the order just yet (so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle) but I would like to budget a bit.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #2489
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The peanut butter mousse sounds amazing! Do I need to wait until much closer for a quote? I don't want to place the order just yet (so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle) but I would like to budget a bit.
I was worried they wouldn't be able to do the peanut butter mousse but Chef Brain said no problem! That made my day. I ordered about 2 weeks out from when we need the cake. Didn't seem to be a problem! I guess I'll know for sure in two weeks!

Disney Magic - 3/2014
Old 07-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #2490
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post

I was worried they wouldn't be able to do the peanut butter mousse but Chef Brain said no problem! That made my day. I ordered about 2 weeks out from when we need the cake. Didn't seem to be a problem! I guess I'll know for sure in two weeks!
Sounds wonderful. Please post some pictures

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: