Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #2371
swebb0310
Mouseketeer

I think I want to order a fun cake as a surprise for my best friend in honor of our birthdays when we are at Disney. I can't decide which dinner would be best to do it. We already have these dinners scheduled:
Kona
Le Cellier
The Wave
Hollywood Brown Derby

There are only 3 of us, so we don't need a big cake, but I don't want the most basic kind either.
Any advice? I was thinking a minicake. I also saw the chocolate figures at Epcot and wondered about those. How big they are, if they are as much fun as a cake, etc.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #2372
swebb0310
Mouseketeer

Update... Chose the Contemporary after reading aloof the positive reviews. Can't wait to finish figuring out the details. I emailed yesterday at 3:30, and before 9:00 this morning had gotten a reply!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #2373
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb0310 View Post
Update... Chose the Contemporary after reading aloof the positive reviews. Can't wait to finish figuring out the details. I emailed yesterday at 3:30, and before 9:00 this morning had gotten a reply!
Good choice! I was going to recommend you get the cake at the Wave. I had a cake made by the Contemporary pastry staff for a dinner at Whispering Canyon and was not disappointed!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:05 AM   #2374
swebb0310
Mouseketeer

Thanks!! I'm calling tomorrow to officially order it, but Chef Brian said he would do a 6" cake with buttercream icing, a standing up image of Belle with a book in her hand on white chocolate, and red roses. I don't like the bright yellow used for her so often! It's not pretty or girly.
So, we will see! I'm hoping I can choose yummy flavors and fillings.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #2375
momof2disprincesses
I love my INCREDIBLE family!!!

Location: Appleton, WI (most of the year). AKV is our "new" home!

DH and I celebrated our 24th anniversary at WDW in June. We stopped by Publix on our first day in town and ordered a cake and picked it up the next day. It was $19 and it was delicious!!

It was chocolate cake with vanilla custard inside and butter cream frosting.

Here are photos:

The inside:

34 trips...SO FAR! June 1989-Honeymoon! August 2002-CBR & Disney Wonder!! October 2003-offsite October 2004-offsite August 2005-1st FREE dining & WL Jan. 2006-WDW, 2nd Disney cruise & Nick Hotel! May 2006-POP adults only Aug. 2006-POP & 2nd FREE dining! Christmas 2006-POFQ April 2007-Easter at Pop Aug. 2007-3rd Free dining at Pop Sept. 2007-first trip to Disneyland! Feb. 2008- Beach Club, DCL & Pop ~ joined DVC! Sept. 2008 - 4th FREE dining! - POFQ Oct. 2008 - SSR & MNSSHP! Christmas 2008 - All Star Sports & FREE dining! June 2009 - Kidani Village for our 20th anniversary July 4th, 2009 at Pop!Aug. 09 - Pop again! Sept. 2009 - POFQ and 6th FREE dining Halloween 2009 at Kidani June 2010 Kidani for 2 graduations & a marriage proposal.Free dining & Halloween at Pop CenturyChristmas and New Year's 2010 - BCV & AKV Spring break 2011 at Old Key West June 2011 Celebrating 22 years of marriage at Kidani Halloween 2011 at POFQ with FREE dining for the 8th time Disney Cruise on the Dream April 2012 July 2012 at Kidani & Cocoa Beach Kidani & Jambo house club level Christmas 2012 Spring break 2013 offsite Celebrating 24 years of Happily Ever After at OKWChristmas/New Years 2013 with free dining at Coronado SpringsJune 2014 - Beach Club and Disney Fantasy!

UPCOMING:
10 nights celebrating our empty nest at Kidani!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #2376
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2disprincesses View Post
DH and I celebrated our 24th anniversary at WDW in June. We stopped by Publix on our first day in town and ordered a cake and picked it up the next day. It was $19 and it was delicious!!

It was chocolate cake with vanilla custard inside and butter cream frosting.

Here are photos:

The inside:
Ahhh! Love Publix cakes!! We're local and order for every birthday :D
Old 07-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #2377
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Thanks for sharing! Publix is a great option!
Old 07-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #2378
lurkyloo

I wanted to share this Small World-themed cake made for a wedding at Disneyland—I think any of these tiers would make a beautiful 6- or 8-inch cake!

Old 07-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #2379
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Is it possible to pick up a mini-cake from Boardwalk bakery?

We will be in Disney for my DD's sixteenth birthday, she wants to have dinner at Via Napoli and I would like to walk over and pick up a cake for her before dinner.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #2380
talentedtoejam
Earning My Ears

Howdy all!

I've been lurking for awhile and finally called yesterday to start talking to someone about a cake for our trip in Sept. It's DS 4th birthday and naturally he wants pirates, so I called and spoke to Theresa at I believe Yacht Club. She emailed me right away with two pictures of rather unimpressive cakes they have done with pirate themes and I responded back with pictures that show what I want more or less. I still haven't heard back from her with a price quote. How long did it take for everyone else here to get their quotes?

<--- dancing banana's are too cool
Old 07-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #2381
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&JHsmom View Post
Is it possible to pick up a mini-cake from Boardwalk bakery?
Yes, just call the number in Post #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentedtoejam View Post
HI still haven't heard back from her with a price quote. How long did it take for everyone else here to get their quotes?
There are so many factors that affect response time. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's been more than a week or two.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #2382
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

I didn't read through every post, so someone else may have already pointed this out, but I thought I would make sure.

I just called the number listed on page one of this thread for cakes for BoG and was told it is a new number as about a month ago. For MK cakes you now call...
407 824 1763 hours are M-F 9-5 Sat. 10-5 Eastern time. Also they give this email.... guest.services.billing@disneyworld.com
. I just sent an email, but obviously I haven't heard anything. When/if I do I will let you all know, so we can verify that the email is an option as well.

Okay, as I sent this I recieved an email alert, which was the following email in response to the one I just sent.

"Greetings from the Walt Disney World Resort!

Thank you for writing to us. We look forward to assisting you with your billing inquiry.

I want to personally assure you that your message has been received. Depending on the nature of your request and the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my Guest Experience Services Team will contact you within five days.

We look forward to helping you with your billing needs.

Sincerely,

Debbie Bellavia-Hart
Director, Guest Experience Services"

I didn't have any type of billing question. FYI I will post when they follow up with me.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass

Last edited by Deesknee; 07-11-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: update
Old 07-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #2383
Dani C
DIS Veteran

I ordered from the number on Page 1 approx. 2 weeks ago (Contemporary Private Dining) with no issue so not sure what happened. Sorry

Old 07-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #2384
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
I didn't read through every post, so someone else may have already pointed this out, but I thought I would make sure.

I just called the number listed on page one of this thread for cakes for BoG and was told it is a new number as about a month ago. For MK cakes you now call...
407 824 1763 hours are M-F 9-5 Sat. 10-5 Eastern time. Also they give this email.... guest.services.billing@disneyworld.com

I believe the person you spoke to was misinformed. The number they gave you is a general information line, and the people who answer it will simply transfer you to the main Cake Hotline (listed in Post #1 of this thread).

Custom cakes for the Magic Kingdom are made by the pastry team at the Contemporary Resort, so it's always easiest to call or email them directly at 407-824-2955 or WDW.Contemporary.Cake.Order@disney.com.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #2385
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani C View Post
I ordered from the number on Page 1 approx. 2 weeks ago (Contemporary Private Dining) with no issue so not sure what happened. Sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I believe the person you spoke to was misinformed. The number they gave you is a general information line, and the people who answer it will simply transfer you to the main Cake Hotline (listed in Post #1 of this thread).

Custom cakes for the Magic Kingdom are made by the pastry team at the Contemporary Resort, so it's always easiest to call or email them directly at 407-824-2955 or WDW.Contemporary.Cake.Order@disney.com.
Thank you both. I suspected something like this. Problem is this cake is a surprise for my youngest, so when I call I have to do it without her around...which is seldom. I hate getting run arounds.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: