Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #2251
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post

Polynesian Resort* 407-824-2165
6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
8-inch $32, same options
10-inch $45 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream, or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
Mickey Mouse Cake $48 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes may be ordered by calling Private Dining at the Grand Floridian: 407-824-1951; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $30 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2
The mini cakes went up to $35 at GF just to let you know. This was as of May 2013. Also no issues delivering to Poly.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 06-03-2013, 04:52 AM   #2252
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
The mini cakes went up to $35 at GF just to let you know. This was as of May 2013. Also no issues delivering to Poly.
The information was taken from the first page of the thread Thanks for the update

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 04:54 AM   #2253
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post

The information was taken from the first page of the thread Thanks for the update
No problem just want people to have the latest information . I was a little surprised when I was told $35 not $30, wanted to make sure it was for the correct item.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 06-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #2254
susanv
Mouseketeer

Ordered two cakes for DS 7 Birthday when there on May 19. One was a Mickey Head cake (yummy) and one was a gluten free/dairy free cake due to allergies. Both cakes were completely gone by the time we left on May 22. The kids enjoyed the vanilla GF cake too (the frosting was a best seller). Wish I had pictures. The cakes were delivered to our room at Bay Lake Tower. Just in case someone interested in ordering the gluten free the kids enjoyed it and it was only $29 plus gratuity.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #2255
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousekateerCatherine View Post
Does anyone know if ANY of the Bakery's will deliver a custom cake to the Maya Grill at Coronado Springs??? Thank you
Unfortunately, I don't think so. The restaurants at Coronado Springs are not Disney-owned or -operated so there is likely no reciprocity between them and other resorts' restaurants. They have a lovely pastry department; I'm surprised they don't do custom cakes.

You might have to have a "Plan B," either selecting a different restaurant for your special dinner or seeing if you can arrange to pick up a custom cake at one of the other bakeries, like maybe Boardwalk Bakery.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #2256
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

CRT choc cream cheese buckle recipe & pics

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blo...ckle-from.html

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Disney's Beignet review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
Old 06-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #2257
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
1. Let's say I want to order a chocolate Stitch figure. Is it only white chocolate, or do they offer milk chocolate as well? And where can I have him delivered to?

2. What place does specialty cupcakes AND chocolate figures?
The Deluxe resorts (and the theme parks serviced by their pastry teams) are your best bets. You'll need to call and ask about the milk chocolate instead of white chocolate thing, though. It could be that they keep a stash on hand, so white is your only option. If they'll custom make one for you, maybe then you could get milk. Let us know what you find out—the white chocolate Stitch I bought tasted TERRIBLE, so I'd love to know if you can get it in milk chocolate.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #2258
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Anyone know an email address for Epcot WS restaurants? Or where would be the most likely to copy this (at least pretty closely) for an anniversary? (This was the way my DH proposed at Epcot in 2004. Returning for our anniversary this August.)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #2259
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
[IMG]
Anyone know an email address for Epcot WS restaurants? Or where would be the most likely to copy this (at least pretty closely) for an anniversary? (This was the way my DH proposed at Epcot in 2004. Returning for our anniversary this August.)
Most of the World Showcase restaurants are owned by different companies, and none of them publish email addresses for ordering cakes. The phone numbers are listed in Post #2, but most of them offer only very basic chocolate or vanilla cakes.

Your best bet is to send that photo to one of the Deluxe resort bakeries and see if they can replicate it. We aren't allowed to give out cast member email addresses on the DIS, so what you'd need to do is call the number for the Deluxe resort where you will be staying or dining (Post #2) and ask for the pastry chef's email.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #2260
rms123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I called the cake hotline this morning for Akershus and talked to Theresa. I'd start there.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #2261
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post

Cinderella Slipper cake made by the Contemporary's pastry team for delivery to The Plaza in Magic Kingdom

OMG, absolutely LOVE Grandma's cake!!

Old 06-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #2262
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

Last time we were in Disney in December celebrating DD's b-day I got her a mini wedding cake at the GF. We are going this December, was thinking of the Cinderella slipper. I see you can maybe get it in milk chocolate at CRT and only CRT correct? Also, if I remember correct, the slipper is filled with a mousse and some berries on top. Is this still what I should expect if I order the slipper? Thanks!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #2263
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Great thread. Think I will be ordering something for both DD's in October.

Lisa xx

Last edited by Lisa29; 06-05-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #2264
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippsmom View Post
Last time we were in Disney in December celebrating DD's b-day I got her a mini wedding cake at the GF. We are going this December, was thinking of the Cinderella slipper. I see you can maybe get it in milk chocolate at CRT and only CRT correct? Also, if I remember correct, the slipper is filled with a mousse and some berries on top. Is this still what I should expect if I order the slipper? Thanks!
You can get the Slipper at the Grand Floridian too (1900 Park Fare, Citrico's, Grand Floridian Cafe, Narcoossee's and Victoria & Albert's) Yes, you get the mousse and berries with the slipper.

The slipper usually comes in white chocolate, so you have to specifically ask for milk chocolate.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 06-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #2265
courtneylauren
Disney College Program Fall Advantage 2014 Vacation Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
OK, here are the photos to go with Dis703's post...

Gluten-free minicake made by the Contemporary's pastry team for delivery to The Plaza in Magic Kingdom

How much was this one?? Something like this would be perfect for what I need. Thanks!

Follow me on my journey!
Twitter/Instagram: @courtneysuchart
Follow me on Twitter! Follow me on Instagram!

My Disney College Program Blog: http://www.courtneydcp.com
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: