Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #2236
MousekateerCatherine
Earning My Ears

Question Need Advice-10yr Wedding Anniversary-Coronado Springs Resort

I could really use some help and advice. My husband and I have been to Disney World man times however, I have never ordered a custom cake and and having difficulty figuring out the system. We have dinner reservations during our stay (Aug/Sept) at the Maya Grill so I wanted to order a custom anniversary cake for the dinner. The Maya Grill bakery chef does not do custom cakes--they just offer several standard cakes that they have there in the restaurant-not what I want. So is there another cake bakery that will make the custom cake I want and deliver it to the Maya Grill on our dinner reservation date?? I would really appreciate any help with this matter. I know we have plenty of time to plan but I am getting a little worried that we will have no option at all...and this is a very special anniversary for us. Truly grateful for any advice I can get Thank you!

Last edited by MousekateerCatherine; 06-01-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #2237
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

This is a long shot, but if anyone will be able to answer me, it will be someone here. After having nausea pretty much 24/7 and random vomiting spells since September, I was recently diagnosed with wheat, soy and dairy intolerances. They aren't allergies because technically there is no immune response, but I get really, really sick.

My husband and I will be at WDW June 29-July 9. Our anniversary is June 21; we were married at WDW two years ago. I'd like to order a mini-cake for one of our ADRs. Does anyone know if any of he bakeries can do a wheat, soy, milk free cake? Eggs are ok.

TIA for responses!

1987 Off-property; 2008 Off-property; June 2011 DFTW!!! POR & Off-property; December 2011 POP; June 2012 POP; June 2013 POP; December 2013 AoA
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #2238
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek+nerd View Post
This is a long shot, but if anyone will be able to answer me, it will be someone here. After having nausea pretty much 24/7 and random vomiting spells since September, I was recently diagnosed with wheat, soy and dairy intolerances. They aren't allergies because technically there is no immune response, but I get really, really sick.

My husband and I will be at WDW June 29-July 9. Our anniversary is June 21; we were married at WDW two years ago. I'd like to order a mini-cake for one of our ADRs. Does anyone know if any of he bakeries can do a wheat, soy, milk free cake? Eggs are ok.

TIA for responses!
Have you thought of baby cakes at DTD? They do a lot of allergy free cakes if I remember correctly.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 06-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #2239
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post

Have you thought of baby cakes at DTD? They do a lot of allergy free cakes if I remember correctly.
I thought about that, but I was hoping to surprise DH at one of our meals, ideally our lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe. I might just call the hotline and see what they can do. I was just hoping someone on here had previous experience. I appreciate your response, though!

1987 Off-property; 2008 Off-property; June 2011 DFTW!!! POR & Off-property; December 2011 POP; June 2012 POP; June 2013 POP; December 2013 AoA
Old 06-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #2240
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I thought about that, but I was hoping to surprise DH at one of our meals, ideally our lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe. I might just call the hotline and see what they can do. I was just hoping someone on here had previous experience. I appreciate your response, though!
GF makes delicious cakes! I hoe they can work with you. Maybe if you tell them it is an intolerance not an allergy they might be able to accommodate more. I understand cross contamination and such but maybe they could do something since an allergy is treated as more "severe"
Old 06-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #2241
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post

GF makes delicious cakes! I hoe they can work with you. Maybe if you tell them it is an intolerance not an allergy they might be able to accommodate more. I understand cross contamination and such but maybe they could do something since an allergy is treated as more "severe"
Our wedding cake was made there I will probably call this week. I'll make sure to report back.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #2242
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

So I called the cake hotline and someone at AKL gave me the number for Babycakes NYC. They deliver to Disney restaurants! If that's common knowledge, forgive me; it was new info to me (I admit I didn't search this thread before posting).

We are having a six inch chocolate (wheat, soy and dairy free) with chocolate chips and chocolate icing round cake delivered to our dinner at Sanaa. I emailed the woman I spoke with a picture of our wedding cake, and she said she will she what she can do about replicating the design on it.

The cost is $45.00. It will be added on to the meal. However, I did have to leave a credit card number in case we cancel with less than 24 hours notice.

I think I am just going to get DH his own little mini cake for his birthday at Grand Floridian Cafe.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #2243
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I called the cake hotline and someone at AKL gave me the number for Babycakes NYC. They deliver to Disney restaurants! If that's common knowledge, forgive me; it was new info to me (I admit I didn't search this thread before posting).

We are having a six inch chocolate (wheat, soy and dairy free) with chocolate chips and chocolate icing round cake delivered to our dinner at Sanaa. I emailed the woman I spoke with a picture of our wedding cake, and she said she will she what she can do about replicating the design on it.

The cost is $45.00. It will be added on to the meal. However, I did have to leave a credit card number in case we cancel with less than 24 hours notice.

I think I am just going to get DH his own little mini cake for his birthday at Grand Floridian Cafe.
Awesome! I did not know if they delivered. Hope you have a great anniversary
Old 06-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #2244
MousekateerCatherine
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know....?????

Does anyone know if ANY of the Bakery's will deliver a custom cake to the Maya Grill at Coronado Springs??? Thank you
Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #2245
skuttle
Counting the days until our next trip!

Birthday Cake at Kidani

I apologize in advance...I have not read this entire thread!

My son will be celebrating his 10th birthday on July 2nd while we are at WDW. We are staying at Kidani. Since I can't have balloons delivered because of the animals, I want to have a cake delivered. I don't want anything super fancy. Is saw some Mickey Mouse head cakes so I think that's what I want to order for him.

Should I call the cake hot line number, or the resort? For the resort number, I see a number for AKL on here. Would Kidani be the same number?

Will they deliver it to our room if we are not there? I'd like to have it delivered while we are out during the day and be a surprise when we return.

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #2246
mastermind307
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttle View Post

My son will be celebrating his 10th birthday on July 2nd while we are at WDW. We are staying at Kidani. Since I can't have balloons delivered because of the animals, I want to have a cake delivered. I don't want anything super fancy. Is saw some Mickey Mouse head cakes so I think that's what I want to order for him.

Should I call the cake hot line number, or the resort? For the resort number, I see a number for AKL on here. Would Kidani be the same number?

Will they deliver it to our room if we are not there? I'd like to have it delivered while we are out during the day and be a surprise when we return.

Thanks!
I can't answer all your questions, but today I had the Mickey head cake delivered to our room while we were out to surprise my mom for her birthday. When We got back we had a tray with plates and napkins on it along with a note. The note said there was a surprise In our fridge (we are staying in a studio at the boardwalk). I thought that was nice of them to put it in the fridge. The cake was very good and I'm glad I ordered it.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #2247
skuttle
Counting the days until our next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind307 View Post
I can't answer all your questions, but today I had the Mickey head cake delivered to our room while we were out to surprise my mom for her birthday. When We got back we had a tray with plates and napkins on it along with a note. The note said there was a surprise In our fridge (we are staying in a studio at the boardwalk). I thought that was nice of them to put it in the fridge. The cake was very good and I'm glad I ordered it.
Thanks so much! I hope they can do the same at Kidani. We are letting our DS plan the day on his birthday, so I'd hate to have to force him to return to the room at a certain time!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #2248
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

Does the Poly do the mini cake?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:14 AM   #2249
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznLexi View Post
Does the Poly do the mini cake?
Polynesian Resort* 407-824-2165
6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
8-inch $32, same options
10-inch $45 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream, or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
Mickey Mouse Cake $48 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes may be ordered by calling Private Dining at the Grand Floridian: 407-824-1951; prices start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $30 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 06-03-2013, 04:20 AM   #2250
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Yes, Kidani is the same number:

Animal Kingdom Lodge* 407-938-4720
6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
6-inch $32 custom vanilla or chocolate cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, chocolate mousse, or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
No 8-inch cakes
10-inch $45 custom cake, same options as 6-inch custom cake
Zebra Cake $40 (serves 10): Vanilla cake with chocolate mousse and light and dark chocolate ganache zebra stripes
Mickey Mouse Cake $48 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75 and must be 10 inches or larger; additional flavors may be available. Private dining may be able to pick up cakes made by other Disney resort bakeries

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttle View Post

Thanks!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: