Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #2221
ash&abby'smom
Princess Ballerinas
Love, love Bobby Flay. I secretly have a crush on him, don't tell!
I was Sweet Pea in grade school, because I was just so sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieam1 View Post
Is the Contemporary the only one that gives price quotes via email? We are staying at AKV this trip with my family and wanted to order a cake for my sister because this trip is celebrating her graduation from high school. I have only ever ordered cakes from the Contemporary (which every single one of them came out SO great ) I like to order them for our room so I do not have to carry them around a park if there is any left but am a bit nervous about AKV cakes. I just loved being able to give examples of what I was looking for rather than just hope they are getting what I am telling them. Any advice on the AKL cakes? Thank you!!!
I ordered from AKL private dining and had our cake delivered to our room at Kidani. I ordered over the phone, maybe when you call you can ask about emailing ideas etc. There is a delivery charge and gratuity added to bill when delivered to the room.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #2222
ash&abby'smom
Princess Ballerinas
Love, love Bobby Flay. I secretly have a crush on him, don't tell!
I was Sweet Pea in grade school, because I was just so sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howedaniel View Post
Hi guys, Disney cake amateur here. Is it possible to get a custom cake delivered to boma easily? How do you do this? Thanks for any help
Call AKL Private Dining:
Animal Kingdom Lodge* 407-938-4720
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #2223
mrsaumock
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if a cake can be delivered to POR? We will be celebrating dd's bday at CRT for lunch....but I don't particularly want to carry a cake around MK all day. I thought it would be fun to have our own celebration in our princess room later that day. Thanks!!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #2224
phi2012
Mouseketeer

I've been trying to order two cakes for our trip next week and I have heard nothing back from either of the bakeries. I first phoned pat at the grand Floridian and left two messages over the last two weeks and heard nothing so finally got her email address which I emailed last weekend, I got a automated response saying she was out of the office till Tuesday and would get back in contact then. I've still not heard anything, when should I email again? The cake is needed for a week on Saturday and I really don't want to have to keep phoning as calls from the UK cost so much.

I've also heard nothing back from the Hollywood studios bakery who I need to make the cake for Tusker house on the following Monday. I haven't even been able to get a email address for them, but have left three messages now, all with my phone number and email incase they can't call the UK. Im getting a but worried now that we are running out of time to get the cakes for my daughters birthdays.

What would you guys do in my situation, hold out for a few more days or spend more money on calls to try and pin someone down?
Old 05-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #2225
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

On the cake hotline it gave me email addresses, i emailed mk cake dept yesterday and got a response within an hour for our twims birthday cake. Im calling from uk too so email works best
Old 05-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #2226
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi2012 View Post
I've been trying to order two cakes for our trip next week and I have heard nothing back from either of the bakeries. I first phoned pat at the grand Floridian and left two messages over the last two weeks and heard nothing so finally got her email address which I emailed last weekend, I got a automated response saying she was out of the office till Tuesday and would get back in contact then. I've still not heard anything, when should I email again? The cake is needed for a week on Saturday and I really don't want to have to keep phoning as calls from the UK cost so much.
Someone recently mentioned that the contact at the GF has been swamped lately, so this one might just take persistence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi2012 View Post

I've also heard nothing back from the Hollywood studios bakery who I need to make the cake for Tusker house on the following Monday. I haven't even been able to get a email address for them, but have left three messages now, all with my phone number and email incase they can't call the UK.
It appears there is now a direct number you can call for AK cakes, which I'm going to go fix in the original post. Call 407-938-3243 and leave a message that stresses how soon you need the cake.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #2227
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer

We had this for my sons b-day at Chef Mickeys on 5/19/13...It was yummy! Two adults and two kids ate half of it. It was $21, 6" chocolate.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #2228
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

I booked H&V for my daughters birthday. She turns 3 on our trip. She loves Minnie and Mickey, ESP Minnie. I was wanting to order her a cake for our lunch there. Along with my birthday girl there is myself, hubby and 9&12 year old daughters. We won't be needing a large cake since we won't be taking left overs with us. No clue where to even start. Trip is still 4 months away so lots of time. Suggestions ? Thanks.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #2229
raider97
DIS Veteran

I ordered a cake for my daughter's birthday today. I called the number for the Grand Floridian and got through to someone on my first try. Lucky I guess (I called at 11:30 a.m. CST). We have an 8 inch chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse filling with chocolate ganache. I asked for a white chocolate Belle with gold or silver highlight painting and a few roses. She asked what color/how many and I said it was up to them. She said it would have red and yellow roses and I was quoted $92. Can't wait to surprise my daughter!!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #2230
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

OK, here are the photos to go with Dis703's post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
No pics yet as I'm not sure how to load them, but we had my gluten free anniversary cake and MILs surprise Cinderella Slipper cake delivered to the Plaza today and they were absolutely incredible. I ordered the cakes through the Cake Hotline/email and was a little concerned I should have contacted a chef directly but it turned out fine. In fact, without asking for him it looks like Brian from the Contemporary made both cakes. The Cinderella cake is gorgeous and can't wait to share pics. So tall I couldn't believe it and beautiful gum paste flowers all over it with the white chocolate slipper.

And best of all both were delicious! Well to be honest it isn't the best GF cake but the buttercream had everyone talking about how incredibly smooth and fluffy it was and tasted great. Even DH said it was one of the better cakes we've ever had.

Now the overall Plaza experience was not so pleasant but the cake had me smiling the whole rest of the day! And I just sat here winding down finishing up my mini cake with a cup of milk before bed. Perfect way to end the night for me.

Thanks for sharing all of your lovely cakes for inspiration!
Gluten-free minicake made by the Contemporary's pastry team for delivery to The Plaza in Magic Kingdom

Cinderella Slipper cake made by the Contemporary's pastry team for delivery to The Plaza in Magic Kingdom

Old 05-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #2231
csmommy
DIS Veteran
Believes that every time you hear or see the word Disney a Tag Fairy gets their wings

How beautiful! I would love to know the cost.

2013 ~ 7/28-8/6 split BCV & VWL
2012 ~ 5/24 - 5/28 BWV DS 17th
2011 ~ 8/9-8/17 AKVJH & BLT
2010 ~ 8/7-14 WWOPP
2009 ~ 8/13-22 split AKVK & BCV
2007 ~ split OKW & BW
2005 ~ split AKLJH & Swan
2000 ~ POFQ
1992 ~ POFQ ~ no kids yet
1990 ~ off site
Old 05-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #2232
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post

Gluten-free minicake made by the Contemporary's pastry team for delivery to The Plaza in Magic Kingdom

Cinderella Slipper cake made by the Contemporary's pastry team for delivery to The Plaza in Magic Kingdom

Awesome, thanks for posting! The kids are sleeping so I'll take a few minutes and post the details.

The mini-cake was gluten free chocolate with vanilla buttercream. We asked for the lavender and yellow to match our wedding cake. It cost $35 plus tax and gratuity. I initially had strawberry filling but dropped it as it was $45 with the strawberries.

The Cinderella cake is a 6 inch Marble cake with Vanilla buttercream and fresh strawberry filling. It was $75 plus tax and gratuity. I asked for the blue ribbon and an abundance of flowers on top (main colors blue and yellow) with a white chocolate slipper and this is how it turned out. Gorgeous. And sooooooo delicious.

I'll admit, I cheated and ate a little bit of the regular cake. I'm wheat free for my twins who are nursing and it was little enough that we saw no negative effects thank goodness. I just couldn't help myself as the mini cake was gone in 2 days and we still had leftovers of the other. Bad mommy.

I think I mentioned it, but Chef Brian was on the label on the box for both cakes so despite ordering it through the hotline and not contacting him directly it appears he did both cakes.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #2233
courtneylauren
Disney College Program Fall Advantage 2014 Vacation Planner

We are eating at Narcoossee's for my parents' anniversary, and at Chef Mickey's for my sister's 16th birthday (her request....she wants to have fun! ) so I know where I'm doing the cakes.

Any suggestions on size? It's just 4 of us. I'm thinking 6 inches?

Any suggestions on design? Something typical "Disney anniversary-ish" and something "pink/Minnie for the birthday"

How soon should I order these? We go in mid July.

Thanks!

Follow me on my journey!
Twitter/Instagram: @courtneysuchart
Follow me on Twitter! Follow me on Instagram!

My Disney College Program Blog: http://www.courtneydcp.com
Old 06-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #2234
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post

That is a beautiful cake! And, so tall! So glad you enjoyed your cakes and thanks for sharing!

Karen
Old 06-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #2235
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Okay, so here's a weird combo-question.

1. Let's say I want to order a chocolate Stitch figure. Is it only white chocolate, or do they offer milk chocolate as well? And where can I have him delivered to?

2. What place does specialty cupcakes AND chocolate figures?

The reason why I ask is that I have the idea of doing an ADR at whatever place can accommodate both specialty cupcakes and chocolate figure for my DBF and his belated birthday celebration. He's a huge Stitch fan, but not a cake guy, so I figured the cupcakes would be regular chocolate with maybe grass decor on the top, and I'd bring a Lilo and Stitch figure to put on the top of each. Then he'd have his own real treat with the chocolate Stitch figure.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: