Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #2206
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggybear17 View Post
I wanted to order a two tier mini cake for my sons third birthday to be delivered to ohana on 6/7. I called Pat and have left two messages this week but havent heard back. I shouldnt panick right? I just want a basic cake with red frosting and mickey heads, no fondant or anything. Should i just keep calling and leaving messages? I dont want be a pain lol!
Call the main number for Private Dining to place your order—she might be on vacation: 1-407-824-2474

Old 05-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #2207
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Call the main number for Private Dining to place your order—she might be on vacation: 1-407-824-2474

She is there, as I just spoke with her a few minutes ago. But I get the impression that she is very busy. I called yesterday and left a message about changing the time of a delivery of a Cinderella slipper for tonight. When I did get a hold of her today, she said she had not checked her messages yet. She will eventually get back to the pp...I think you have plenty of time.
Kerri
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #2208
meggybear17
Knows she never says anything interesting enough for the Tag Fairy to recognize!

Thanks all, I will give another call next week if I dont here back from her before than.

Past trips:
June 2013: 4 nights Contemporary for little dude's 3rd Bday!
Nov/Dec 2012-1 night AofA, 8 nights AKV, 1 night BWV
Sept 2012 2 nights OKW and one night BLT
10/11: All Star Movies 8 days free dining! Baby's first trip
1/2009: AKL 8 days
9/2007: POR 9 days with free dining!
7/2003: Offsite (private pool house) 7 days
6/2001: All Star Sports 5 Days
7/2000: One day whirlwind trip while visiting relatives
4/1996: Boardwalk Inn 5 Days
4/1994: Poly 5 Days
1983-1990 Annual day trips to Magic Kingdom as a child
Old 05-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #2209
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

Im looking at a cake for my twins 4th birthday, one loves eeyore and one loves mickey. Will they make a cake with both on?
Old 05-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #2210
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
Im looking at a cake for my twins 4th birthday, one loves eeyore and one loves mickey. Will they make a cake with both on?
Unfortunately, they can't do any of the Pooh characters. They shouldn't have any problems putting 2 characters on 1 cake if it's a character they can do.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #2211
ash&abby'smom
Princess Ballerinas
Love, love Bobby Flay. I secretly have a crush on him, don't tell!
I was Sweet Pea in grade school, because I was just so sweet.

[IMG][/IMG]

Had this delivered to our room at Kidani Village on April 18th. It was a vanilla cake with strawberries and custard filling, butter cream icing. I requested a Snow White Image. The cake was $35 + $35 for the image and plus delivery and gratuity total $80.39.

The cake was moist and delicious. I wouldn't normally spend this amount of money on such a small cake, however, it was a one time special occasion. So had I to do it again...absolutely.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #2212
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash&abby'smom View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Had this delivered to our room at Kidani Village on April 18th. It was a vanilla cake with strawberries and custard filling, butter cream icing. I requested a Snow White Image. The cake was $35 + $35 for the image and plus delivery and gratuity total $80.39.

The cake was moist and delicious. I wouldn't normally spend this amount of money on such a small cake, however, it was a one time special occasion. So had I to do it again...absolutely.
Cute cake, but are you saying they charged $35 for the Snow White printed on white chocolate? From past reports, you should have been able to get a 3D figure for a similar price or not much more.

PS: I don't mean to insinuate you didn't get a great cake. It's really pretty. I'm just surprised they charged that much for a printed Snow White.
(")_(")

Old 05-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #2213
ash&abby'smom
Princess Ballerinas
Love, love Bobby Flay. I secretly have a crush on him, don't tell!
I was Sweet Pea in grade school, because I was just so sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
Cute cake, but are you saying they charged $35 for the Snow White printed on white chocolate? From past reports, you should have been able to get a 3D figure for a similar price or not much more.

PS: I don't mean to insinuate you didn't get a great cake. It's really pretty. I'm just surprised they charged that much for a printed Snow White.
Yes, that is what they charged at AKL. I have gotten a similar cake at GF cheaper. Not sure if it's the location or what. I thought the same thing when I ordered, but I wanted the cake, so was willing to pay for it.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #2214
Cobern
DIS Veteran

mini cake for my husbands birthday. Delivered to the Spirit of Aloha show at the Poly. Done at the GF. Chocolate mini cake with chocolate butter cream. They did a pirate theme for him. I was $55 with tax but OMG sooo good. We love chocolate if you couldn't tell . It was perfect for 2 adults and our 2 kids (1 & 2)
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 05-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #2215
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Talked to both Pat and Brian this week and I am set for both of our cakes. One for Chef Mickey's and one for Tea. I am so excited to see them both but especially the one from Pat since I just said, pink, sparkly, running related and princessy.

Both were amazing getting back to me and getting the details set!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #2216
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
Talked to both Pat and Brian this week and I am set for both of our cakes. One for Chef Mickey's and one for Tea. I am so excited to see them both but especially the one from Pat since I just said, pink, sparkly, running related and princessy.

Both were amazing getting back to me and getting the details set!
Can't wait to see your cakes!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #2217
howedaniel
Earning My Ears

Cakes at Boma

Hi guys, Disney cake amateur here. Is it possible to get a custom cake delivered to boma easily? How do you do this? Thanks for any help

Old 05-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #2218
CJHussey924
Earning My Ears

Can anyone guide me in the right direction. I'm wondering if I could order a cake with a firefighter theme? My husband is graduating from a Master's program and he is also a firefighter....I'm unsure if this would be possible.

We will be in Disney 9/23-10/1

any insight is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #2219
katieam1
DIS Veteran

Is the Contemporary the only one that gives price quotes via email? We are staying at AKV this trip with my family and wanted to order a cake for my sister because this trip is celebrating her graduation from high school. I have only ever ordered cakes from the Contemporary (which every single one of them came out SO great ) I like to order them for our room so I do not have to carry them around a park if there is any left but am a bit nervous about AKV cakes. I just loved being able to give examples of what I was looking for rather than just hope they are getting what I am telling them. Any advice on the AKL cakes? Thank you!!!
My family: DH (Dan 35), Me (Katie 30), dd (Shelby 7), & dd(Madilynne 6) Baby #3 due 8/2/14

Old 05-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #2220
Jmacsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieam1 View Post
Is the Contemporary the only one that gives price quotes via email? We are staying at AKV this trip with my family and wanted to order a cake for my sister because this trip is celebrating her graduation from high school. I have only ever ordered cakes from the Contemporary (which every single one of them came out SO great ) I like to order them for our room so I do not have to carry them around a park if there is any left but am a bit nervous about AKV cakes. I just loved being able to give examples of what I was looking for rather than just hope they are getting what I am telling them. Any advice on the AKL cakes? Thank you!!!

No, I've recently gotten a quote via email from Yachtsman.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: