Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #2176
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
It seems from reading it is getting a little more difficult to get certain character/themes from Brian and Pat (maybe this isn't true and I am just reading too much into things). I fell in love with the Snow White apple cake from this thread and was hoping to get Brian to do something like that for our welcome dinner at Chef Mickey's.

1. I have Brian's email from the last trip, do you think it is OK to email him without calling first?

2. Do you think getting a Snow White themed cake will be an issue?

3. I think I also want to get a cake for tea at the Tea Room, is that an issue? I know that will go through Pat.
I got a cake for the tea room the day before Mother's Day. A few posts back I posted a picture and some info. There was no issue getting a cake delivered there
Old 05-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #2177
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post

1. I have Brian's email from the last trip, do you think it is OK to email him without calling first?

2. Do you think getting a Snow White themed cake will be an issue?

3. I think I also want to get a cake for tea at the Tea Room, is that an issue? I know that will go through Pat.
Yeah, you're fine on all counts.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #2178
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! Email sent to Brian and I will call tomorrow on how to get in touch with Pat. I am hoping she can do something pink and princessy since it is for a group of friends I am meeting up with for tea!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #2179
weluvjasmine
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the flavor of the cake from the princess tea party? Had this cake a year ago and my daughter loved it. Would like to order it for her birthday celebration.

I've been GOBBLED!
Thanks kellybell.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #2180
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Cakes were fabulous!

No pics yet as I'm not sure how to load them, but we had my gluten free anniversary cake and MILs surprise Cinderella Slipper cake delivered to the Plaza today and they were absolutely incredible. I ordered the cakes through the Cake Hotline/email and was a little concerned I should have contacted a chef directly but it turned out fine. In fact, without asking for him it looks like Brian from the Contemporary made both cakes. The Cinderella cake is gorgeous and can't wait to share pics. So tall I couldn't believe it and beautiful gum paste flowers all over it with the white chocolate slipper.

And best of all both were delicious! Well to be honest it isn't the best GF cake but the buttercream had everyone talking about how incredibly smooth and fluffy it was and tasted great. Even DH said it was one of the better cakes we've ever had.

Now the overall Plaza experience was not so pleasant but the cake had me smiling the whole rest of the day! And I just sat here winding down finishing up my mini cake with a cup of milk before bed. Perfect way to end the night for me.

Thanks for sharing all of your lovely cakes for inspiration!

Old 05-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #2181
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvjasmine
Does anyone know the flavor of the cake from the princess tea party? Had this cake a year ago and my daughter loved it. Would like to order it for her birthday celebration.
It was a strawberry filled cake when I was there. Layers of vanilla with strawberry buttercream inside. It was delish!

Last edited by fabulousfive; 05-21-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #2182
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Finally, I have something to add to one of my favorite threads on the DIS!

On our recent trip to Disney was a belated celebration for my birthday, coupled with a whole ton of mouse-themed fun. My enchanting prince, the DBF, surprised me with this lovely cake.

It was Mad Hatter styled cake, fondant covered. Inside was chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in buttercream frosting, and it was HEAVENLY!

(I'm not quite sure why the picture keeps turning to the side, but at least we can see it.)

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
Old 05-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #2183
TheShea's
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post

On our recent trip to Disney was a belated celebration for my birthday, coupled with a whole ton of mouse-themed fun. My enchanting prince, the DBF, surprised me with this lovely cake.

It was Mad Hatter styled cake, fondant covered. Inside was chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in buttercream frosting, and it was HEAVENLY!

(I'm not quite sure why the picture keeps turning to the side, but at least we can see it.)

Would you mind sharing some more of the details of that cake? For instance, the sizes of the tiers? What property baked/created it? The cost?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #2184
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShea's View Post
Would you mind sharing some more of the details of that cake? For instance, the sizes of the tiers? What property baked/created it? The cost?
Oh yes! Silly me.

It was a 2-tier mini cake, each was roughly (I'm guestimating from memory) 2" each I believe. We ate at the Plaza in Magic Kingdom. The cake was $65.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
Old 05-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #2185
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
No pics yet as I'm not sure how to load them, but we had my gluten free anniversary cake and MILs surprise Cinderella Slipper cake delivered to the Plaza today and they were absolutely incredible.
You can upload the images to the DIS photo archive or Photobucket, then grab the link that has [IMG] tags on either end and paste it into your post. Or you can email them to me and I'll post them cuz I'm so eager to see them! I'll PM you my address...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post

Adorable cake!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #2186
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Birthday Mini Cake?

I found this pic with the Wedding Cake Displays posted. Would I be able to get it delivered to Cinderella's Royal Table for my birthday celebration? (Kind of looks more like a cupcake, but I "guess" you'd call it a mini-cake?)

Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #2187
lurkyloo

It is a cupcake. I'd send the photo to the pastry team at the Contemporary (which is who makes cakes for the Magic Kingdom) and ask if they can replicate it. Just call Private Dining using the number for the Contemporary in Post #2 and tell them you want to send in a photo.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #2188
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
It is a cupcake. I'd send the photo to the pastry team at the Contemporary (which is who makes cakes for the Magic Kingdom) and ask if they can replicate it. Just call Private Dining using the number for the Contemporary in Post #2 and tell them you want to send in a photo.
Thanks!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #2189
mastermind307
Mouseketeer

I'm going to order the Mickey head shaped cake for mom as a birthday surprise. I'm going to have it delivered to our room, if we aren't in the room will they still deliver it? Will it be ok in the room until we get back? Will it last a few days in the fridge? There are only 3 of us, but I thought we could eat on it the whole week.
Are you able to pay all or part with a giftcard? I have a giftcard I'd like to use if possible. Thanks
Old 05-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #2190
rms123
DIS Veteran

DD really wants a Sleeping Beauty cake (1900 Park Fare), but there are only 3 of us. Before she started saying Aurora, I had planned on a mini cake or the mini castle topped one. Anyone have ideas or am I stuck with ordering a 8" one to get what she wants?

Also looking for ideas for my DS who is turning 1. There will be 10 of us for that one so we can go bigger. Has anyone had success just setting a budget and letting the chef go for it?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: