Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #2146
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer

I called today to order a small 6" cake for my kids birthdays. I called private dining for Chef Mickey's. I told her I wanted the podium cake, but not plain so what can you do?

She gives a very fast spill...The words I caught were; Brian, writing happy birthday, a rose or something at the top, chocolate mickey head, and sprinkles. I just said "That's what I want."

This sound familiar? Anyone have a picture of what it might turn out like?

She said it would be $21.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #2147
csmommy
DIS Veteran
Believes that every time you hear or see the word Disney a Tag Fairy gets their wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
The Beach Club Villas are served by the Yacht & Beach Club Bakery, which generally charges higher prices than the Contemporary, if that helps at all...
Oops, I did mean the Yacht & Beach Club Bakery. The current price difference is negligible. Hopefully someone has experience with this & can let me know which is tastier & more creative.

2013 ~ 7/28-8/6 split BCV & VWL
2012 ~ 5/24 - 5/28 BWV DS 17th
2011 ~ 8/9-8/17 AKVJH & BLT
2010 ~ 8/7-14 WWOPP
2009 ~ 8/13-22 split AKVK & BCV
2007 ~ split OKW & BW
2005 ~ split AKLJH & Swan
2000 ~ POFQ
1992 ~ POFQ ~ no kids yet
1990 ~ off site
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #2148
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone. I have been watching these threads for years and the cakes are great!. We will be at WDW in 1 month for June9-16. DHs b-day is June 8 and DD's 4th bday is June 13. My parents will be there until June 13. My mom has a gluten allergy so I may have to order something small for her?

I am thinking of a budget under $100. I was thinking of a mickey head cake or maybe a white chocolate mickey mouse on an 8" fondant cake. Here is where we are dining:

June 9 - arrival night so somewhere near Beach Club where we are staying
June 10 - dinner at Akershus
June 11 - dinner at Cape May
June 12 - dinner at BOG
June 13 - breakfast at Chef Mickey's
June 13 - dinner at 1900 park fare (parents will be gone by then)

given the above information which location would you pick? We are staying club level if that helps to organize anything. I thought about having something in the room for DH when we get there but was unsure of what to do. Thanks.
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
Old 05-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #2149
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaurer74 View Post
given the above information which location would you pick? We are staying club level if that helps to organize anything. I thought about having something in the room for DH when we get there but was unsure of what to do. Thanks.
I always prefer to get cakes delivered to my room if possible cuz it's just less hassle than schlepping the leftovers around. They wouldn't be able to have anything waiting for you before you check in, but they can deliver it after (whether you're in the room or not).
Old 05-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #2150
mastermind307
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1984 View Post
I called today to order a small 6" cake for my kids birthdays. I called private dining for Chef Mickey's. I told her I wanted the podium cake, but not plain so what can you do?

She gives a very fast spill...The words I caught were; Brian, writing happy birthday, a rose or something at the top, chocolate mickey head, and sprinkles. I just said "That's what I want."

This sound familiar? Anyone have a picture of what it might turn out like?

She said it would be $21.
I am wondering this as well. I would like to roder my mom a birthday cake while we are there. I like the 8in stanard cakes, but they look just like what I could buy at the store at home. If I'm going to buy a cake at Disney, I want it to look like a Disney cake. I'm not looking to spend mega bucks, just something simple but at least has some sort of Disney theme.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #2151
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I always prefer to get cakes delivered to my room if possible cuz it's just less hassle than schlepping the leftovers around. They wouldn't be able to have anything waiting for you before you check in, but they can deliver it after (whether you're in the room or not).
Lurkyloo is so right! That's why I'll never order anything more than the slipper dessert while in the parks. We always order a small 6" cake for when we eat dinner at 1900 Park Fare. We've learned to take it to the bell hop who will keep it in their refrigerator. We just pick it up after we finish with Magic Kingdom on our way home. Last year, we were too tired, so in the morning, I got up and drove over to GF and picked up our cake to take back to our room. They didn't seem to mind at all that we left it over night. We always have a car, which makes it easier, and since my family prefers to sleep in, it gives me something to do in the early morning.

I do like the idea of having it delivered to our room. My DGD kinda of expects it now when we eat at 1900 Park Fare...

Karen
Old 05-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #2152
Longsx3
DIS Veteran

Any ideas, we will be at Disney celebrating D16 HS graduation, we are eating at GF our last night and I was thinking of ordering her a cake. Well I want two Mini Cakes one vanilla and one Chocolate, the Chocolate one with Fondant. I was thinking of adding a dark chocolate mini Mickey and possible some strawberries if they could plate it all together. I would like graduation represented, as well as he The University of Alabama. Amy I crazy?
Old 05-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #2153
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Our Jake and the Neverland Pirates cake turned out awesome!! I can't figure out how to upload from the iPad/using the DIS app but will be sure to do it from home tomorrow. We we absolutely thrilled and the birthday boy was over the moon. We ended up with buttercream between the layers (had ordered chocolate mousse) but it was still wonderful and even with 8 of us, we had more than 1/2 the 8" cake remaining. We have enjoyed the leftovers every day!!

ETA just had another piece maybe it's vanilla pudding between layers?

Last edited by iheartjuppy; 05-12-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #2154
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
Our Jake and the Neverland Pirates cake turned out awesome!! I can't figure out how to upload from the iPad/using the DIS app but will be sure to do it from home tomorrow. We we absolutely thrilled and the birthday boy was over the moon. We ended up with buttercream between the layers (had ordered chocolate mousse) but it was still wonderful and even with 8 of us, we had more than 1/2 the 8" cake remaining. We have enjoyed the leftovers every day!!

So fun! I can't wait to see pictures. Who made the cake?

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 05-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #2155
tan391
Earning My Ears

Can I order a cake to be delivered at Breakfast at Chef Mickeys?

Does this seem strange? Has anyone done this before?

It's the only table service we are doing on the day on my Son's birthday.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #2156
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan391 View Post

Thanks
This is what we are doing. Still hoping someone can give me some input on my previous post a few post up.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #2157
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan391 View Post

Thanks
Yes you can get a cake delivered to any meal. However keep in mind that the restaurant can't keep any leftovers for you so you would have to carry it around all day or return to your room.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 05-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #2158
scottishgirl1
Mouseketeer

We are thinking about getting a cake at Chef Mickeys breakfast in August as well, as we wanted Chef Brian to do the cake and Cali Grill is closed so its the only time we will be at the Contemporary. Also dont fancy carrying cake out of one of the Magic Kingdom restaurants.

It will be a little strange having cake at breakfast though
Old 05-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #2159
starousse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalstongue View Post
Just ordered a cake for DD's 4th birthday on 16th May at BOG. Have ordered an 8" vanilla fondant cake with a Rapunzel floating lights theme. Quoted $107. Will post pictures after. :-)
If you don't mind, where did you order it from? I'd like to have one delivered to BOG on May 27th for my daughter's b-day? Thanks
Old 05-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #2160
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post

Home! Here was the cake - made by Chef Brian at the Contemporary, delivered to Chef Mickey's Dinner (served by Goofy!) $62 plus the automatic gratuity as we had 8 people at dinner. Looked & tasted great and we didn't miss the chocolate mousse filling at all.

http://tinypic.com/r/2a4nukj/5
http://tinypic.com/r/1zqug00/5
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: