Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #2101
jasmine31523
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmommy View Post
Glad it was great, jealous you get to go again in June! We will be there in August. Finding Stitch cakes seems like finding a needle in a hay stack & I am cost conscious (did I mention he is going to college!).

Anyone have any good pictures of stitch cakes?
Congrats on his acceptance to college!
I'll be sure to post a pic when I get it in June. Also you can contact some of the bakeries and see if they have any pics of Stitich cakes that they can forward to you. Also there is a pic of a Lilo and Stitich mad hatter theme cake earlier in the thread But I can't remeber the page number
Old 05-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #2102
thejman
Mouseketeer

This is the cake I ordered for my son's birthday last week from the Yacht Club. It was delivered to the Garden Grill. Chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling. It was delicious.

Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #2103
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydeich View Post
We will be at WDW, with dinner at Chef Mickey's, for my dad's birthday - but, he is not a disney fanatic and we're not going just because it's his birthday, so I just want something basic to acknowledge his birthday, not a fancy custom cake. I've tried to read some of this thread, but still need some clarification. Do I need to order this ahead? Do I get options for this? Can it be personalized? And does it cost extra or is a basic cake included in our dining plan? Thanks for the help!!!
You can ask for a basic all-chocolate or all-vanilla cake when you check in at the podium of any Disney restaurant (except Victoria & Albert's). It's $21 plus tax and serves about 6. It cannot be purchased with Dining Plan credits. They say that it can't be personalized but they'll write a message on the plate; when we asked for "Bon Voyage" one time they put it directly on the cake, so if you picked a phrase that was *really* short, maybe they could squeeze it in.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #2104
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Just ordered a 2 tiered mini cake for DH birthday . I think the prices of the mini cakes have gone up. She said it was $35. I added a pirate background so that brought it up to $50. I hope he likes it .
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 05-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #2105
amydeich
Mouseketeer

Thanks lurkyloo! That's what I thought, but then got confused as I read the discussions on here I may call and see if we can upgrade it slightly to make it personal without costing too much!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 05-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #2106
Lbachelot
Mouseketeer

We are doing the Perfectly Princess Tea Party at Grand Floridian. Do you know if they will deliver on of the chocolate slippers to my DD during the party?

We are also doing CInderella's Happily Every After Dinner at 1900. Will they deliver a custom cake there?

1995 FW, 1997 The Cabins at FW, 1999 Off Site with HS Band, 2001 ASM, Jan. 2012 POR (DD's First Trip), Dec. 2013 POFQ (DS's First Trip), Oct. 2014 AoA (Mommy/Daughter Surprise Trip)

Old 05-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #2107
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbachelot View Post
We are doing the Perfectly Princess Tea Party at Grand Floridian. Do you know if they will deliver on of the chocolate slippers to my DD during the party?

We are also doing CInderella's Happily Every After Dinner at 1900. Will they deliver a custom cake there?
Just a guess but I'm thinking they would not single out a child at the Princess Tea party by letting you order a slipper.

Yes, you can get a cake at 1900 Park Fair.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #2108
Dis703
DIS Veteran

I thought I was getting my cake order out of the way today but no such luck. Called the cake hotline and it gave the email address for orders delivered to MK restaurants. Sent the info via email and mentioned food allergies. She asked me what the food allergies were and said she would let me know what options I have and didn't hear back yet.

I wasn't sure if I went about it the right way or if I should have contacted private dining for the Contemporary directly (cakes are for the Plaza)

Just need to check this one off my list.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #2109
Kidgoingon40
Mouseketeer

kinda weird question, but i am going to ask it anyway. lol. The cakes at the hotels are made in a bakery area - not an area where any other type of food would be prepared - right? My dh has a shellfish allergy, but I didn't mention it when I ordered the cake because I figured that the cake wouldn't be anywhere near shellfish (dh has strong reactions to cross-contamination)...should I have mentioned this allergy when I ordered? should i call back and mention this?

DisneyWorld Trips: 1990 GF / 1995 GF / Dec 2007 - Jan 08 DH and my 1st trip together / 2009 Jan GF July WL Birthday Sept. GF-AKL MNSSHP - Expedition Everest Challenge / 2010 Poly / 2011 GF split stay US PBR / 2013 March Contemporary
Old 05-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #2110
sjv919
Mouseketeer

So I ordered a cake to be delivered to afternoon tea at the GF for my mom (taking her there for her Mother's Day gift and surprising her with the cake ). I spoke to Pat on the phone, emailed her the picture, she emailed me back quickly with the price and flavor options asking if I still wanted to order it. I emailed her back that I did and the flavors I wanted and never heard back. Emailed her again a few days ago to confirm she received that email and ask questions about payment and still haven't heard back. So now I don't l if I have a cake ordered but I don't want to irritate the people handling my food! Lol. Should I call up GF private dining to see if my order is on file or something? I want to know that my order is going to be taken care of and Pat isn't getting back to me.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #2111
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

So I just got off the phone with Brittany at the YC/BC private dining and ordered a Rock n' Roller coaster themed cake for DH's 50th in August to be delivered to the Yachtsman. She told me I had to order an 8" cake (wanted a 6", but that's ok). I asked her if she had a picture that I could see and she told me she would get a picture from the most recent one they did and email it to me. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well this time. Anyone ever order a cake from them and dealt with her specifically? Really would like this to go smoothly this time around.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #2112
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
I thought I was getting my cake order out of the way today but no such luck. Called the cake hotline and it gave the email address for orders delivered to MK restaurants. Sent the info via email and mentioned food allergies. She asked me what the food allergies were and said she would let me know what options I have and didn't hear back yet.

I wasn't sure if I went about it the right way or if I should have contacted private dining for the Contemporary directly (cakes are for the Plaza)

Just need to check this one off my list.

I like to go straight through the Contemporary cuz then you can email the chef directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidgoingon40 View Post
kinda weird question, but i am going to ask it anyway. lol. The cakes at the hotels are made in a bakery area - not an area where any other type of food would be prepared - right? My dh has a shellfish allergy, but I didn't mention it when I ordered the cake because I figured that the cake wouldn't be anywhere near shellfish (dh has strong reactions to cross-contamination)...should I have mentioned this allergy when I ordered? should i call back and mention this?
For something that serious, I'd definitely call and find out what their policy is. Disney is really good about providing that kind of info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post
So I ordered a cake to be delivered to afternoon tea at the GF for my mom (taking her there for her Mother's Day gift and surprising her with the cake ). I spoke to Pat on the phone, emailed her the picture, she emailed me back quickly with the price and flavor options asking if I still wanted to order it. I emailed her back that I did and the flavors I wanted and never heard back. Emailed her again a few days ago to confirm she received that email and ask questions about payment and still haven't heard back. So now I don't l if I have a cake ordered but I don't want to irritate the people handling my food! Lol. Should I call up GF private dining to see if my order is on file or something? I want to know that my order is going to be taken care of and Pat isn't getting back to me.
I'd call, just to be sure.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #2113
lfortin16
Mouseketeer

2 cakes

I need to order 2 cakes.
One for our dinner at Teppan Edo in Epcot- Japan.
And one for Boma at AKL.
Where do I order these cakes and what kinds of options will I have?
I don't want the premade frozen one which you order at the podium when you get there.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #2114
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

Just ordered a cake for DD's 4th birthday on 16th May at BOG. Have ordered an 8" vanilla fondant cake with a Rapunzel floating lights theme. Quoted $107. Will post pictures after. :-)

Old 05-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #2115
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer

Is there a Mickey pirate with Tinkerbell cake somewhere? I've found Mickey pirate 2D alone and Tink, but not together. I'm planning for September, I'm thinking I may just email Chef Brian when the time comes and let him go with it.

Me (Disney crazed woman) DH (Just along for the ride) DS 6 DD 2
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: