Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #2026
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
That's what I guess I'm unclear about - I understood it to be that I had already paid the taxes, fees and gratuities in the quoted price. That by virtue ONLY of my party size I am now being double charged for gratuity,

I will call both the cake hotline and Chef Mickeys to clarify.
The quote I received was a straight $77...nothing in anything I was told over the phone, or in the quote e-mail from Chef Brian mentioned that the quoted price included taxes/fees/gratuities. Taxes were also included on the check we received at the restaurant.

I haven't seen anything that would make me think that taxes/gratuity were included in the price quote from the chef?

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Old 04-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #2027
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

That's what I'm going to call to find out. If they are NOT included in the cake price, I'm fine with paying them on the dinner bill. I may have been misinformed and thought they were already in the cake price, thus my resistance to "double paying" tax and tip if they were added to the bill on top of including in the cake.

I have absolutely no problem paying tax or gratuity on the cake itself once, just don't think it's appropriate to be charged for it twice ONLY because of my party size, if that makes sense?

Update: I just called the Contemporary Cake Hotline and spoke with Maria who said that tax and tip are NOT included in the quoted cake prices, but are added on at the "end" when you get the bill at the restaurant.

With that, I'm comfortable. Sorry for any kerfuffle!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #2028
pigget74
DVC Beach Club Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
The quote I received was a straight $77...nothing in anything I was told over the phone, or in the quote e-mail from Chef Brian mentioned that the quoted price included taxes/fees/gratuities. Taxes were also included on the check we received at the restaurant.

I haven't seen anything that would make me think that taxes/gratuity were included in the price quote from the chef?
Yesterday when I made my order I specifically asked if there were any other fees and was told YES. This is for the cake only. You will pay taxes and gratuity at the time it is delivered.
June 2009--Kidani Animal Kingdom March 2011--Kidani Village Animal Kingdom May 2013 --Beach Club Villas Graduation Trip March 2014 offsite youth trrip
(20) (17) (9) (7)
Old 04-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #2029
pigget74
DVC Beach Club Villas

Background:Back in January I called and emailed inquiring about a blueprint cake incorporating a rock-n-rollercoaster theme. I had wanted to work with Brian and well... he would not budge on the cake. I could only have one or the other. I then contacted Pat who was great and said that we could do the blueprint design with a rockin roller coaster theme. Basically a choc. guitar sitting on top of cake with a blueprint style fondant and some musical notes.

Well, it was time for me to call and officially order my cake. I called Pat who was very nice, but the cake she said I could have they could no longer do. I about started crying. She was trying everything. EVIDENTLY - per her-- about 3 weeks ago legal came down hard on what they could and could not do. If there is any copyright or anything like that they can not use the design. PERIOD! They can no longer use some the of the tinks they were using and now pluto has to have a certain colored nose. So they can not find any blueprint design that is not copyrighted. I even asked if my friend who is an architect could do something---she said yes but was hesitant. I even asked about doing it freehand--afterall--just give me some lines with angles and degrees---she flat out said no that it would cost way to much. Anyway, she was on the phone with me for almost 45 minutes apologizing and trying to reach a middle ground. In the end she did find a blueprint of a guitar that we are going to use. Then she is going to add some tools and musical notes. At that point I was done and was like just surprise me. 8 inch cake--$92
June 2009--Kidani Animal Kingdom March 2011--Kidani Village Animal Kingdom May 2013 --Beach Club Villas Graduation Trip March 2014 offsite youth trrip
(20) (17) (9) (7)
Old 04-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #2030
melissamacpherson78
Earning My Ears

Confirmation of cake order?

Hello everyone, We're leaving for Disney in 2 sleeps! I've ordered a cake from Chef Brian at the Contemporary for my DD's birthday at CRT. I'm wondering if I need anything as a conformation of the order, the email from Chef Brian maybe? When I ordered from private dining there was no confirmation number given. I'm a little nervous. Has Disney ever forgotten a cake order? TIA!!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #2031
jtirishbelle
Earning My Ears

ordered from Grand Floridian bakery for dinner at O'hana February 2011.

[/URL]
Old 04-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #2032
jtirishbelle
Earning My Ears

Same as above: GF at O'hana Feb 2011

[/URL]
Old 04-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #2033
jtirishbelle
Earning My Ears

Grand Floridian Bakery Oct 2012 for dinner at O'hana

[/URL]
Old 04-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #2034
brertoad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
Our Haunted Mansion Cake!

How much did they charge for this cake? Where was it ordered from?

Thanks.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #2035
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have info about ordering a cake on the cruiseline? I am thinking about having hubby's 30th on the dream

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
Old 04-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #2036
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtirishbelle View Post
ordered from Grand Floridian bakery for dinner at O'hana February 2011.

[/URL]
So cute! Do you mind sharing the details on all 3 cakes? Size, price, flavors? I need a cake from the GF in September, so I love seeing and hearing about cakes from them. Thanks for posting pictures

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #2037
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamacpherson78 View Post
Hello everyone, We're leaving for Disney in 2 sleeps! I've ordered a cake from Chef Brian at the Contemporary for my DD's birthday at CRT. I'm wondering if I need anything as a conformation of the order, the email from Chef Brian maybe? When I ordered from private dining there was no confirmation number given. I'm a little nervous. Has Disney ever forgotten a cake order? TIA!!
They don't use confirmation numbers, but it never hurts to call Private Dining back a few days before and confirm the details of the order. I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelFloyd View Post
Does anyone have info about ordering a cake on the cruiseline? I am thinking about having hubby's 30th on the dream
For the cruise line you need to download their Shoreside DCL Cake Order form and fax it in to the number on the bottom: http://dcl1.wdpromedia.com/media/dcl...l+01102013.pdf It needs to be received at least 7 days before the sailing. More info is available on this page—scroll down to Celebration Cakes.

Last edited by lurkyloo; 04-22-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #2038
jtirishbelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
So cute! Do you mind sharing the details on all 3 cakes? Size, price, flavors? I need a cake from the GF in September, so I love seeing and hearing about cakes from them. Thanks for posting pictures
I don't remember the size off the top of my head, but it is the smallest you can get with that type of decoration. I believe it feeds about 8? the price was somewhere in the $80 range.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #2039
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
Placed my order yesterday for DD'S mini 2 tier cake at our CRT birthday breakfast. I specified pink buttercream frosting with darker pink Mickey head dots adorning the sides and some sort of princessy topper - maybe a princess cone hat with Mickey ears? Chocolate with peanut butter cup filling. Chef Brian quoted me $40. Can't wait to see it!!
BUTTERFLY JEN ~

Do you have a picture of the cake? I'm thinking of ordering something very similar....Hope your family loved it!

Thanks!!

Next Trip 8/14 So Much to Celebrate! ASMo * 12/10 Our Very Merry SuRpRiSe ChRiStMaS TRiP * 1/08 Grand Gathering POR - Papa's 70th & Blaise's 6th - Pirate & Princess Party! * 11/05 POR - Jersey Week - Food & Wine Festival * 12/04 POP & ASMo - MVMCP * 10/02 POFQ & ASMo - DD 4th Birthday & MNSSHP * 5/01 AKL & POR - Flower & Garden Festival * 5/00 ASMo - Flower & Garden Festival * Childhood trips... 7/83 Disneyland * 2/79 POL * 12/75 First Trip - age 6 (off site) Thanks Gramma for the best Christmas gift ever! I'll always remember the magic...*

Old 04-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #2040
ilanakan
Mouseketeer

mickey mouse cake or 8 inch cake - which is tastier??

Will be ordering a cake from Yacht club for dh birthday (for illumination cruise).

I've checked out the cakes and cannot make up my mind taste-wise, which cake is tastier - the mickey cake with mousse filling and ganache, or the 8 inch cake with dark chocolate filling and frosting.

has anyone tried eighther of them ? can I get some advice which is tastier?

when they write dark chocolate filling and frosting, is it also a buttercream?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: