Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #2011
ash&abby'smom
Princess Ballerinas
Love, love Bobby Flay. I secretly have a crush on him, don't tell!
I was Sweet Pea in grade school, because I was just so sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
Thanks! I was a bit despondent and actually trying to talk my dd into California Grill for her bday dinner. She is adamant. She want the duck breast from Jiko's. and her cake in the CL lounge. Do you remember to whom you spoke? I had a name and couldn't get through to her so I am willing to try something else.
Just wanted to let you know. I called again today and ordered my cake. I spoke with Letisha. Very helpful. She went through all the cake choices with me.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #2012
jad215
Mouseketeer

Just placed my order for a fondant mini-cake for delivery to Le Cellier on April 30th! So easy to do and I can't wait to see it. There is some customization (quoted $55) and it was easy to e-mail inspiration pictures and to communicate with the staff taking the order. I'll post some pictures once we get back. Thanks to everyone for their helpful posts and especially to Lurkyloo

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #2013
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3

I can only tell you the experience from the Yatchsman Steakhouse. They added an automatic 18% to a party of 4!!! When I called private dining they told me that never should have happened and transferred me to the manager of the steakhouse. She was VERY condescending and kept insisting that ALL speciality cakes are charged an automatic 18%. I held my ground and she refunded me (but only 15%- NOT what she told me). I didn't have the energy to call back. It was frustrating, and I wonder how many people don't realize and call.
That is frustrating. I will have to be vigilant about making sure we take care of the check and will pay cash so we can manage how the tip is handled (regardless of how they calculate it).
Old 04-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #2014
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
Will automatic gratuity be added on the cake (non-TIW) if it's for a party of 8? I ordered a cake for Chef Mickey's (6 adults, 1 child, 1 infant) and I'm a little worried they may add the cake and then automatic gratuity due to table size. I would care less if I was SURE I was picking up the tab (would adjust to take that portion off the tip) but we have several family members who may vie for the check and I don't want them paying without paying attention and tipping on the cake, which cost more than 2 adult,family members' dinner!
From my experience, I'd have to say it probably will. I ordered a cake to have for my sister's birthday at the Whispering Canyon and we were a total party of 8. I made sure that the waiter knew the cake was my separate ticket and when I got the check, the 18% gratuity was added. I wasn't very happy about it, but didn't really want to make a big scene about it. Fortunately, one of the other members of the party had a TIW card and was paying the check (we reimbursed her in cash for our part) and when the waiter brought back our checks, he told me he'd asked his manager and was allowed to apply the TIW discount to the cake, even though it wasn't my TIW card. That pretty much negated the auto gratuity, so I expressed appreciation and paid. My original cake was $87, with tax and 18% gratuity was supposed to be $109. With the TIW discount, I wound up paying $90.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #2015
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy

Will automatic gratuity be added on the cake (non-TIW) if it's for a party of 8? I ordered a cake for Chef Mickey's (6 adults, 1 child, 1 infant) and I'm a little worried they may add the cake and then automatic gratuity due to table size. I would care less if I was SURE I was picking up the tab (would adjust to take that portion off the tip) but we have several family members who may vie for the check and I don't want them paying without paying attention and tipping on the cake, which cost more than 2 adult,family members' dinner!
The automatic 18% gratuity *was* added to our check at tony's in mk. We had a.party of 9, and we asked for it to be on a separate check so the recipients (my parents) wouldn't see the cost.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Old 04-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #2016
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

I will ask for a separate check. We usually don't tip 20% for buffets, but do at Disney and would consider that plenty to cover carrying out a pre-ordered cake. I am fine tipping that on the main bill but will not tip additional on the cake itself. Sorry if this is not a popular answer but a $45 tip for bringing a round of sodas, clearing a round of plates, and carrying a cake seems plenty.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #2017
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy
I will ask for a separate check. We usually don't tip 20% for buffets, but do at Disney and would consider that plenty to cover carrying out a pre-ordered cake. I am fine tipping that on the main bill but will not tip additional on the cake itself. Sorry if this is not a popular answer but a $45 tip for bringing a round of sodas, clearing a round of plates, and carrying a cake seems plenty.
Maybe I wasn't clear..we *did* ask for a separate check. Both the check for the meal and the check for the cake had the 18 percent gratuity automatically added as we had 9 people.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Old 04-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #2018
DisneyFanEmily
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know of any bakeries around Disney that will deliver to a Disney resort? or close enough to pick up even?
Thanks.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #2019
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
Maybe I wasn't clear..we *did* ask for a separate check. Both the check for the meal and the check for the cake had the 18 percent gratuity automatically added as we had 9 people.
Ditto. Separate check for the cake I ordered had the 18% grat added for our party of 8.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #2020
monami7
DIS Veteran

it's tasty too will deliver for a $25 fee.
Heidi
Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #2021
memma05
Earning My Ears

Does the grand Floridian generally return calls? We called Saturday and had to leave a message but haven't heard back yet? I'm only concerned because we will be there is 10 days and need a cake!!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #2022
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel

I understood but they can calculate whatever they wish, I will just deduct that amount from the total that I pay. They aren't going to open my wallet and remove the difference in cash! Will be certain to pay in cash for the meal. If they go after the credit card we used to book the reservation I will not have any problem contesting that with my CC company. There is absolutely no reason to add the gratuity to a cake check.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #2023
monami7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I understood but they can calculate whatever they wish, I will just deduct that amount from the total that I pay. They aren't going to open my wallet and remove the difference in cash! Will be certain to pay in cash for the meal. If they go after the credit card we used to book the reservation I will not have any problem contesting that with my CC company. There is absolutely no reason to add the gratuity to a cake check.
I think that might be illegal? When you give them your CC when you order a cake they are very clear that they add a tax and gratuity to the cake charge. Isnt not paying it just like dining and not paying. I understand that you dont like the charge but it is very clear when ordering a cake. I think they have every right to charge you if you have agreed upon it at the time of ordering. It is like not paying for a delivery charge.

I would suggest not ordering through Disney. i really see this as being a large disapointment for you. And as hassle after. I just cant see how you can agree to pay and then not pay the amount you agreed upon and then pay cash and complain when they charge you card for the amount you agreed to pay?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #2024
monami7
DIS Veteran

I may be confused is this 18 % in addition to the 22% tax and gratuity added for the cake originally?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #2025
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami7
I may be confused is this 18 % in addition to the 22% tax and gratuity added for the cake originally?
That's what I guess I'm unclear about - I understood it to be that I had already paid the taxes, fees and gratuities in the quoted price. That by virtue ONLY of my party size I am now being double charged for gratuity,

I will call both the cake hotline and Chef Mickeys to clarify.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: