Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #1936
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeManBri View Post
Coronado Springs Resort is owned and operated by Disney. They just do not have a bakery. The quick service location is the only thing that is an operating participant.
According to Palmas Services' website, they manage all food and beverage at Coronado Springs (via Springs Food Service, LLC) and the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot. Has this changed recently? And, more importantly, does it mean one can get a Disney bakery-made cake at Coronado Springs?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #1937
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacup princess View Post

OK- using this pic as an example since it was posted fairly recently (January).

Does anyone know what is up with all of the recent copyright issues? I've seen several posts on it and now a friend is telling me that Pat doesn't think they can make a Cars/Lightning McQueen cake due to copyright issues. I think the pp's cake above was delivered to AoA...still, they obviously didn't have copyright issues. Just sounds so odd.

EDIT- Pat also told her that Mater was fine...just copyright issues with Lightning. I just don't get it.

Last edited by TiggerTrigger; 04-01-2013 at 11:54 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #1938
Jmacsmom
Earning My Ears

So I heard back from the CM who is coordinating my cake designs with Chef Deran. Per the CM I will have designs and quotes in my inbox today.

Anyone familiar with Chef Deran's work?

Feel free to PM me if you prefer to keep any feedback private.

Last edited by Jmacsmom; 04-02-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #1939
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerTrigger View Post
OK- using this pic as an example since it was posted fairly recently (January).

Does anyone know what is up with all of the recent copyright issues? I've seen several posts on it and now a friend is telling me that Pat doesn't think they can make a Cars/Lightning McQueen cake due to copyright issues. I think the pp's cake above was delivered to AoA...still, they obviously didn't have copyright issues. Just sounds so odd.

EDIT- Pat also told her that Mater was fine...just copyright issues with Lightning. I just don't get it.
I was told my cake would be made at the boardwalk bakery. This is for a stay at pop.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 04-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #1940
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY

I was told my cake would be made at the boardwalk bakery. This is for a stay at pop.
This friend is staying at BLT, but I believe it's for a meal at 1900 PF, so it would have to be done by the GF. I just don't get how they can do Mater, but not Lightning...especially when other Disney bakeries can.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #1941
nadira36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I really don't think I need fondant either, but I'm planning on ordering through the Grand Floridian (to be delivered to Ohana) and I haven't seen many examples of custom cakes without fondant from there.
If I can get it without fondant for less, then I think DH would be much more happy with the cost. If this goes well, then I expect I'll be able to convince him to let me put a cake into the budget for every Disney trip, but for now neither one of us knows exactly what to expect.

We've had two non-fondant cakes from there and both were fabulous. I'll have to figure out how to post pictures...I've tried photobucket, but the results are always huge.

80s/90s various trips with family, never stayed at a resort hotel. 2001 - seasonal CM for a summer. 2007 - convinced DH to take the first trip. Stayed at CSR for 10 days. 3 toddlers 6 adults 2009 - second trip. ASMo for 5 days. 2 Adults 2 toddlers. 2010 - 4 adults 4.5 children. 7 days Pop. 2011 - We can't afford to go to Disney this year. So we're only staying at the Poly for 8 nights. If it's gonna be on credit, might as well make it worthwhile. 2012 - Back to the Poly for 10 days 2 adults 3 kids 2013 - First AKL stay only 5 night 2 adults 3.5 children2014 POR/AKL CL split stay 9 nights 2 adults 4 children plus guests
Old 04-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #1942
nadira36
DIS Veteran

gluten-free, chocolate with buttercream, fondant decorations with paste flowers. I believe this was an 8in at $65

Gluten-free, corn-free (fondant is made with corn as are most food colourings so the cake and frosting were both chocolate with the backdrop edible image safe for those who were only GF vs those who needed to be corn-free as well. This was $55 for a 6in.

80s/90s various trips with family, never stayed at a resort hotel. 2001 - seasonal CM for a summer. 2007 - convinced DH to take the first trip. Stayed at CSR for 10 days. 3 toddlers 6 adults 2009 - second trip. ASMo for 5 days. 2 Adults 2 toddlers. 2010 - 4 adults 4.5 children. 7 days Pop. 2011 - We can't afford to go to Disney this year. So we're only staying at the Poly for 8 nights. If it's gonna be on credit, might as well make it worthwhile. 2012 - Back to the Poly for 10 days 2 adults 3 kids 2013 - First AKL stay only 5 night 2 adults 3.5 children2014 POR/AKL CL split stay 9 nights 2 adults 4 children plus guests
Old 04-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #1943
Princess Olivia
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to ask a most likely redundant question. I've scanned many of the pages but can't find an email for chef Brian. I'm not even positive that I can email him . We'll be at BLT on 4/18 my ds bday is 4/23 I'd like a mini cake sent to our room. He doesn't "love" cake but he would eat a cake with fruit fillings or fruit mousse. DD and I are cake fanatics and use a fantastic bakery in Boston for all birthdays but his. He likes Funfetti cakes from a box ! I just need to see if he can accommodate fruit. It's also my bday and I would love a mini red velvet. Hoping for that as well.

Is there anything else you would do in lieu of a cake for DS? He's going to be 15... sweet, lovely age If so where can I get it?

Thanks!!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #1944
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Olivia View Post
I'm so sorry to ask a most likely redundant question. I've scanned many of the pages but can't find an email for chef Brian. I'm not even positive that I can email him . We'll be at BLT on 4/18 my ds bday is 4/23 I'd like a mini cake sent to our room. He doesn't "love" cake but he would eat a cake with fruit fillings or fruit mousse. DD and I are cake fanatics and use a fantastic bakery in Boston for all birthdays but his. He likes Funfetti cakes from a box ! I just need to see if he can accommodate fruit. It's also my bday and I would love a mini red velvet. Hoping for that as well.

Is there anything else you would do in lieu of a cake for DS? He's going to be 15... sweet, lovely age If so where can I get it?

Thanks!!
I think that to keep down the number of emails Chef Brian gets, no one posts his email address publicly. Go to the first page of this thread and get the phone number for the Contemporary Private Dining. Call and tell them you want to order a specialty cake and they'll give you his email address.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #1945
Princess Olivia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
I think that to keep down the number of emails Chef Brian gets, no one posts his email address publicly. Go to the first page of this thread and get the phone number for the Contemporary Private Dining. Call and tell them you want to order a specialty cake and they'll give you his email address.
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #1946
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Tangled themed Anniversary cake

[IMG][/IMG]

So here is the pic, the cake was very pretty but the Tiara kinda sunk in before we got to the room. I had it ordered to AoA at 8:30 and we didn't make it back to the room before Midnight, so our fault.

It was a mini cake white with Bavarian icing.
Rapunzel Tiara and braid with flowers and a sign that said happy 1st anniversary
was $45

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
Old 04-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #1947
RunningWithScissors
Wife, Mom, Alabama Football GradFan

Price $85
Date ReceivedMarch 24, 2013
LocationBay Lake Tower via the Contemporary Chef Brian
Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etcChocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting
Anything else special about that particular cakeCake was a TEST TRACK themed cake. When it arrived and I saw it I was confused with the color choices, but after heading to Epcot the next day and riding the NEW Test Track, I totally "got" the cake. I was extremely disappointed in the "Test Track" edible cutout. As you can see with the pictures, it is small and very sloppy. They could have just left that off and if I recall correctly, I told them to NOT include any edible cut outs. Oh well. As for the cake, it was DELICIOUS. The frosting was not what we Southern Girls know as "buttercream" though. It tasted more like a "cool whip" type frosting--it was VERY good, though. I loved the overall design but wished that I had done more research on the new design and purchased a CONCEPT CAR--which you can buy in the Test Track gift shop instead of using the old cars. A new concept car on top of that blue cake would have been fantastic! Sooo, if you order a Test Track cake, make sure to get your hands on the concept car and get it to the chef! My son LOVED the cake and that is all that really mattered to me! Here are some pics!

Old 04-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #1948
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post
Price $85
Date ReceivedMarch 24, 2013
LocationBay Lake Tower via the Contemporary Chef Brian
Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etcChocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting
Anything else special about that particular cakeCake was a TEST TRACK themed cake. When it arrived and I saw it I was confused with the color choices, but after heading to Epcot the next day and riding the NEW Test Track, I totally "got" the cake. I was extremely disappointed in the "Test Track" edible cutout. As you can see with the pictures, it is small and very sloppy. They could have just left that off and if I recall correctly, I told them to NOT include any edible cut outs. Oh well. As for the cake, it was DELICIOUS. The frosting was not what we Southern Girls know as "buttercream" though. It tasted more like a "cool whip" type frosting--it was VERY good, though. I loved the overall design but wished that I had done more research on the new design and purchased a CONCEPT CAR--which you can buy in the Test Track gift shop instead of using the old cars. A new concept car on top of that blue cake would have been fantastic! Sooo, if you order a Test Track cake, make sure to get your hands on the concept car and get it to the chef! My son LOVED the cake and that is all that really mattered to me! Here are some pics!
That is pretty! I was thinking of doing something like this for DH since he loves all things cars (being a mechanic) I though he might like it.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 04-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #1949
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadira36 View Post

gluten-free, chocolate with buttercream, fondant decorations with paste flowers. I believe this was an 8in at $65

Gluten-free, corn-free (fondant is made with corn as are most food colourings so the cake and frosting were both chocolate with the backdrop edible image safe for those who were only GF vs those who needed to be corn-free as well. This was $55 for a 6in.

Thanks for the pics and info on the gluten free cakes. Which bakery made these? Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread? Also, how was the taste?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #1950
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadira36 View Post

Where were these cake made.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: