Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #1831
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami7 View Post
Thanks.
I was wondering if you ever found a price though? Thats the part I cant seem to get.

Check out my reply to your comment on the blog—that way we won't keep hijacking this thread about cakes!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #1832
RunningWithScissors
Wife, Mom, Alabama Football GradFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami7 View Post
I am so happy to hear about the figurines.

I am hoping to have test track figurines added to the strawberry shortcake cake at Via Napoli for DD's 8th birthday.

We have had other cakes from disney and I think this is one we would actually eat! LOL She LOVES Test Track and has requested to ride on her birthday (they get to plan their day)

I think the figurines added would be a great way to do this but I wasnt sure if we had to wait until it was at the table to add them. That would ruin the surprise. Has anyone done this at Via Napoli?

Also Lurkey Loo I saw yout Tower of Terror event and it was amazing. In it you talked about the epcot locations being cheaper. is there a link to that anywhere? I am planning on a special something for our 10th anniversary and I would love more info.

Thanks
Heidi
Thank You
Heidi
Brian at the CR is making a Test Track cake for my son's 10th birthday. It will be delivered to us this coming Sunday. I am providing the test track cars for the top. I ordered a fancy 6" chocolate/chocolate cake and sent him pictures of a "cars" themed cake as a template. I can't wait to see what he comes up with! I will post pictures when the cake is delivered!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #1833
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to verify...the GF and Contemp are the only places you can get the white chocolate slipper, right?

Old 03-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #1834
sjv919
Mouseketeer

I called up the POR number for ordering a specialty cake, spoke to someone and emailed a sketch of a cake to them and they forwarded it to the bakery who said they don't know if they can do a Rapunzel cake and if they can there'll be a royalty charge on top of the cake charge. I found that super weird, they're a Disney bakery, right? But at any rate, does anyone know how much the royalty charges are for cakes in this situation?

Last edited by sjv919; 03-21-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #1835
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Has anyone had experience with Alice in Wonderland themed or styled cakes? Specifically, does anyone know if they make an Alice in Wonderland white chocolate figure, or would she be a figurine only?

Trying to give my DBF the right information about what I'd like for a birthday cake (since he can't figure it out on his own, smh) and it's turning into a nightmare.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
Old 03-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #1836
disfan07
DIS Veteran

So for my moms birthday I wanted to get her cindereallas chocolate slipper as a surprise. But a couple of questions...

Can we get it delivered to 1900 park fare? That's the only place we are eating at the grand Floridian and I want it for our first night.

Also, my mom does not like white chocolate and I don't want to order it if she ent eat it. Can we get the milk chocolate one at 1900 park fare?

I don't want to do a cake because I am allergic to everything in a regular cake (wheat, eggs, soy. Nuts, etc) and my mom is not supposed to eat a lot of white sugar, or desserts so it would be a waste of money for just my dad to eat (who shouldn't be eating it ether!) so I thought the slipper would be a good compromise.

Thanks!
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
Old 03-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #1837
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post
I called up the POR number for ordering a specialty cake, spoke to someone and emailed a sketch of a cake to them and they forwarded it to the bakery who said they don't know if they can do a Rapunzel cake and if they can there'll be a royalty charge on top of the cake charge. I found that super weird, they're a Disney bakery, right? But at any rate, does anyone know how much the royalty charges are for cakes in this situation?
I think the CM is confused. There are no "royalty charges" for themed cakes. I'd either ask for a manger or just wait and see what they quote you—I'm thinking no charge will appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
Has anyone had experience with Alice in Wonderland themed or styled cakes? Specifically, does anyone know if they make an Alice in Wonderland.
I've never seen an Alice white chocolate character, but the best place to ask would be Grand Floridian private dining. The GF seems to offer the widest range of characters, so if there IS one, they'll have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07 View Post
So for my moms birthday I wanted to get her cindereallas chocolate slipper as a surprise. But a couple of questions...

Can we get it delivered to 1900 park fare? That's the only place we are eating at the grand Floridian and I want it for our first night.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07 View Post
Also, my mom does not like white chocolate and I don't want to order it if she ent eat it. Can we get the milk chocolate one at 1900 park fare?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I just wanted to verify...the GF and Contemp are the only places you can get the white chocolate slipper, right?
They're the only places I've seen it, but I'd definitely ask if you're working with BoardWalk Bakery or Yacht & Beach Club. They may be able to do it too.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #1838
Maisey13
Mouseketeer

I read the first two posts with all the Cake FAQ but didn't find the info I was looking for...

Is it possible to have a mini-cake made and delivered to the BLUEZOO Restaurant (Dolphin/Swan) for my DD birthday? I made a reservation through Disney Dining for Bluezoo even though it is not a Disney restaurant, so I am not sure who to contact about this one. Do I call Yacht Club for the cake?

Thanks SO much for your help!

Last edited by Maisey13; 03-22-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #1839
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigget74 View Post
I had something similar happen a few weeks ago. I had ordered a mini wedding cake for a friend--her daughter was on a wish trip---when I placed the order they asked for credit card -- was told that the cake would be charged to that card. I specifically asked just to clarify. I was told that they do this all the time and they would charge my card and it would not show up on the bill. He gave me how much it would be with tax and fee. I also ordered through CRT 1 cinderella slipper and 1 crown -- for the siblings---I was told that I could not pay for this with my credit card and it would be on their bill The kind lady told me how much it would be with tax. I mailed my friend a $50 gift card to cover CRT portion--knowing that the cake would be billed to me. WRONG!!!! The morning after they ate there I went and looked at my CC --- NOTHING -- not even a hold. SO I texted my friend and after a direct question she informed me that the entire thing was on their bill. She covered the extra! I was LIVID! Had they told me up front I would have sent more money on the gift card! I even told her to use the extra to get the kids a snack or something. I felt horrible because they had to pay a portion of mt treat.

Here are the cakes: only have the wish child and her brother with the crown--there is already a slipper on the board.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
I LOVE Disney and their inconsistencies! I emailed CRT special events or whatever it is with the same question about ordering for a friend and paying for it on my card and was told no it was NOT possible. My cake process was smooth last summer. I'm hoping it will be smooth again, but I am totally disappointed that I won't get to order from Brian again this time. unless I order a mini cake on our last day which I might. So many options. I am dreading dealing with Pat, but..... will have to do it!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 12:32 AM   #1840
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigget74 View Post

[/IMG]
[IMG]

Seb and Vannah looks so happy!! It was so wonderful of you to arrange that, boo on the restaurant for not billing it correctly. I have never seen the crown before, I love it!! Thanks for posting.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #1841
phi2012
Mouseketeer

Im still trying to decide what type of cake/dessert to get for my daughter .

I was just wondering if anyone knew or had had a slipper dessert with added screen print images. I was thinking that my daughter would love the dessert but would also love to have it themed to her Favourite Disney characters, like Belle, Jessie or stitch. Didn't know if they could just do small screen prints of these characters and Attatch them with icing around the slipper.

What do people think, would it be possible and do you think the grand Floridian would be willing to change up the slipper dessert like this, fingers crossed as it would solve many of my cake problems .
Old 03-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #1842
monami7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post
Brian at the CR is making a Test Track cake for my son's 10th birthday. It will be delivered to us this coming Sunday. I am providing the test track cars for the top. I ordered a fancy 6" chocolate/chocolate cake and sent him pictures of a "cars" themed cake as a template. I can't wait to see what he comes up with! I will post pictures when the cake is delivered!
I cant wait to see it! Can you tel me what it is costing?
Thanks
Heidi
Old 03-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #1843
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisey13 View Post
I read the first two posts with all the Cake FAQ but didn't find the info I was looking for...

Is it possible to have a mini-cake made and delivered to the BLUEZOO Restaurant (Dolphin/Swan) for my DD birthday? I made a reservation through Disney Dining for Bluezoo even though it is not a Disney restaurant, so I am not sure who to contact about this one. Do I call Yacht Club for the cake?

Thanks SO much for your help!
The Swan & Dolphin are not owned by Disney, and they have their own pastry team. You'd need to call the restaurant directly to find out what your options are.

As for your earlier question about AK, I say give them a call and see what the pastry chef can do. Maybe they've begun to get more adventurous at this point and would attempt a minicake for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi2012 View Post
Im still trying to decide what type of cake/dessert to get for my daughter .

I was just wondering if anyone knew or had had a slipper dessert with added screen print images. I was thinking that my daughter would love the dessert but would also love to have it themed to her Favourite Disney characters, like Belle, Jessie or stitch. Didn't know if they could just do small screen prints of these characters and Attatch them with icing around the slipper.

What do people think, would it be possible and do you think the grand Floridian would be willing to change up the slipper dessert like this, fingers crossed as it would solve many of my cake problems .
They screen-print images on white chocolate and stand them atop cakes all the time, so I don't see why not. They could just stick them on the plate with blobs of frosting or something.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #1844
Maisey13
Mouseketeer

Thanks LurkyLoo! I appreciate your helpfulness and always having the answer
Old 03-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #1845
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I've never seen an Alice white chocolate character, but the best place to ask would be Grand Floridian private dining. The GF seems to offer the widest range of characters, so if there IS one, they'll have it.
We're not staying on-site, and I'm still a little rough to all of this so I'm not sure if that botches my chances of getting said cake.

The goal is to have the cake delivered to a place in MK.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: