Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #1801
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkytonkmama View Post
I have not seen this question answered anywhere, so forgive me if I am repeating anything.

My husband and my's 11th anniversary is on aug 24th. We will be having breakfast at chef mickeys. I would love to get a cake or maybe the slipper, but im not sure if they will do cakes and such that early? It is at 9:30th.
I dont see why they won't do that for you. Just call the number on the first page and ask them for sure. But I dont think you will have a problem at all

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 03-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #1802
vicky33006
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!!!

We just got back from Disney and I wanted to post a pic of the cake I ordered. I decided to go with a standard cake since I knew DS would be absolutely fine with it, and he loved it! He was very excited. We had is at Chef Mickey's so it was from the Contemporary. Our server was great and she waited until I gave her the go ahead to bring out the cake.

Price: $47...I think. I can't quite remember.
Flavor: Vanilla on vanilla...the taste was fine. It was nothing spectacular, but I wasn't expecting spectacular from a standard cake.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 01:37 AM   #1803
gaildmoody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Here are some photos of the cupcake:

Could someone tell me more about this? Where to get it? What it is and how much? TIA!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #1804
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaildmoody View Post
Could someone tell me more about this? Where to get it? What it is and how much? TIA!
It is one of the cupcakes made for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings' bridal showcase. A fellow DISer was just able to order one for delivery to the Grand Floridian for just $6. If you want one anywhere else, you'd need to send in a photo for the pastry chef to give you a custom quote. See post #2 of this thread for contact info for the location where you will be staying or dining.

Here is the original post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyshell View Post
I called this week and ordered two of the Belle's Rose cupcakes that Lurkyloo (Thank you!) posted from the wedding showcase. We're having them at GF tea and Pat was easy to work with. She put me on hold to check the price, six dollars each and putting names on the plates. I'll let you know how it goes-we leave tomorrow!!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #1805
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

melissamacpherson78 - We ordered without a picture. I won't know how it turned out until May but I'm pretty comfortable leaving it in Chef Brian's hands, based on the reviews and cakes I've seen and read here! I figure there's a reason he's the cake designer at WDW and I'm in finance - I'll leave the creative stuff to him, it's not my forte. No matter what he comes up with a) he's more familiar with the characters and b) it's going to be a million times better than anything I could have done or come up with
Old 03-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #1806
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Boardwalk Bakery

I'm soooooooooooo excited!! Me and DH got married at Shades of Green (Military resort across from the Poly at Disney World) and I just called them to see if I could rent the gazebo we got married in for an anniversary celebration and they've agreed to rent it to us for an hour in the evening of our anniversary for $125!! Incidentally, this is the exact same price it cost to get married there!!

Anyway, they are setting up a 36" table and chairs in it for us, and I'm going to order an anniversary cake from Boardwalk Bakery to have a personal shopper deliver for me.

I've got to tell you, I've looked at at least a KAZILLION cakes on these threads, but for the life of me, I can't tell you which cake came from where!! In lieu of going through 3 different cake chatter threads of 200 pages a piece to look for Boardwalk bakery specific cakes, can anyone please, please, please post me some anniversary type cake pics of cakes you got from the Boardwalk Bakery?

Thank you so much!!!

Old 03-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #1807
lurkyloo

If it helps, here's a link to all the Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings Escape Collection cakes, which the BoardWalk Bakery makes all the time for weddings at Sea Breeze Point. You might find one you like or could modify to suit your taste.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #1808
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

I am confused about who to call. I want to order a Star Wars Mickey or Mickey NY Yankees cake for my dad's birthday on July 4. We will be eating at Via Napoli. Who do I call to order this? Or is it not possible to get a cake like that delivered there? Also, my daughter's birthday is July 5 and we will be eating at either Akershus or Sci Fi. Who do I call to order a Princess Sofia cake for those locations? I read the first page but am lost. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #1809
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
I am confused about who to call. I want to order a Star Wars Mickey or Mickey NY Yankees cake for my dad's birthday on July 4. We will be eating at Via Napoli. Who do I call to order this? Or is it not possible to get a cake like that delivered there?
The restaurants of the Italy pavilion are owned by an outside vendor who offers no options for a fancy custom cake. There are five standard cake options, which you will find listed in Post #2 Under Epcot>Tutto Italia and Via Napoli, or at this link: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to...ocation/#epcot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
Also, my daughter's birthday is July 5 and we will be eating at either Akershus or Sci Fi. Who do I call to order a Princess Sofia cake for those locations? I read the first page but am lost. Thanks in advance.
Just call the cake hotline: 407-827-2253
Old 03-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #1810
OnlyDisney
DIS Veteran

I've read the first post and a few other pages and I'm still a little confused.

What I'm looking for is a Mickey themed cake for our son who is turning 6. We're planning on Chef Mickey for breakfast and would rather not have cake with breakfast. We're staying at AoA. Ideally, I'd love to have the cake delivered to the room.

Am I understand this correctly? I can call the cake ordering hotline or I can call a resort bakery directly? Calling the hotline I get Pat who tends to not work with people? I thought you can only have it delivered if you stay at a deluxe, but then I read that sometimes you can have it delivered to other resorts sometimes? What determines if they can deliver to another resort?
Oct 25-Nov 7, 2015 - Fort Wilderness Family Reunion
Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #1811
melissamacpherson78
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
melissamacpherson78 - We ordered without a picture. I won't know how it turned out until May but I'm pretty comfortable leaving it in Chef Brian's hands, based on the reviews and cakes I've seen and read here! I figure there's a reason he's the cake designer at WDW and I'm in finance - I'll leave the creative stuff to him, it's not my forte. No matter what he comes up with a) he's more familiar with the characters and b) it's going to be a million times better than anything I could have done or come up with
Thank you, I think you're absolutely right! I've seen nothing but great reviews on here for Chef Brian. I can't wait to see the final product! Only 33 days to go!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #1812
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyDisney View Post
I've read the first post and a few other pages and I'm still a little confused.

What I'm looking for is a Mickey themed cake for our son who is turning 6. We're planning on Chef Mickey for breakfast and would rather not have cake with breakfast. We're staying at AoA. Ideally, I'd love to have the cake delivered to the room.

Am I understand this correctly? I can call the cake ordering hotline or I can call a resort bakery directly? Calling the hotline I get Pat who tends to not work with people? I thought you can only have it delivered if you stay at a deluxe, but then I read that sometimes you can have it delivered to other resorts sometimes? What determines if they can deliver to another resort?
You can have a cake delivered to your room at AoA. Call the AoA at 407-938-3686. I dealt with Yvette and she was great! The cake was made by Y&BC bakery and it was fantastic!! I gave her all the details of what I wanted, sent a couple of emails with pictures of what I wanted and I got more than I anticipated. I don't think you will be disappointed with a cake from them.

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
Old 03-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #1813
lurkyloo

Quote:
Am I understand this correctly? I can call the cake ordering hotline or I can call a resort bakery directly?
You can call the Cake Ordering Hotline or you can call the resort where you are staying or dining. This may not necessarily be the resort that makes your cake. Disney wants all cake orders to funnel through the resort where the cake is delivered.

Example: Even though BoardWalk Bakery makes cakes for Old Key West, if you call BoardWalk Bakery and say you want them to deliver a cake to OKW, they will say no. You have to call OKW and have them place the order.

Quote:
Calling the hotline I get Pat who tends to not work with people?
Pat works in Private Dining for the Grand Floridian. You only work with her if you are ordering a cake for one of the two places serviced by the GF (the GF and the Polynesian).

Quote:
I thought you can only have it delivered if you stay at a deluxe, but then I read that sometimes you can have it delivered to other resorts sometimes? What determines if they can deliver to another resort?
Only Deluxe resorts have the pastry teams required to make cakes. But cakes made by Deluxe resorts can be delivered to non-Deluxe resorts (except Coronado Springs) and theme parks as long as they are ordered through the resort/park where they will be delivered.

All you really need to understand is Post #2 of this thread. Look for the name of the resort or the park where you will be dining/staying, and you will see all the options, prices, and contact info listed.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #1814
OnlyDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcadoo66 View Post
You can have a cake delivered to your room at AoA. Call the number listed for AoA on page one. I dealt with Yvette and she was great! The cake was made by Y&BC bakery and it was fantastic!! I gave her all the details of what I wanted, sent a couple of emails with pictures of what I wanted and I got more than I anticipated. I don't think you will be disappointed with a cake from them.
Thank you so much for clearing that up! Now comes the hard part, deciding just what kind of Mickey cake to get...
Oct 25-Nov 7, 2015 - Fort Wilderness Family Reunion
Old 03-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #1815
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
The restaurants of the Italy pavilion are owned by an outside vendor who offers no options for a fancy custom cake. There are five standard cake options, which you will find listed in Post #2 Under Epcot>Tutto Italia and Via Napoli, or at this link: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to...ocation/#epcot

Just call the cake hotline: 407-827-2253
Thank you!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: