Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #1606
momom
Mouse Lover

I have a situation and thought this might be a good place to ask for advice. On our upcoming July trip we will be celebrating our daughters bday (I already know what cake I want to do for her thanks to all of the great info on this thread), but we will also be celebrating our son's high school graduation and would like to do something for him. The problem is that he doesn't like cake...at all. For bdays he always asks for cookies, pies, anything other than cake. Have you ever heard of any of the bakeries doing a decorated cookie or some other type dessert. Or does anyone have any ideas of what we could do instead of cake? We are staying at the Beach Club, and I was hoping to have it delivered to our first night dinner at Cape May. Any thoughts would be really appreciated.
6/1999-Wyndham Resort-Downtown Disney 6/2000-offsite 6/2001-Beach Club 7/2003-Beach Club 7/2005-Animal Kingdom Lodge 7/2006-Beach Club 7/2007-Beach Club 7/2008-Wilderness Lodge 7/2009-Beach Club 7/2010-Poly 7/2013-Beach Club

Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #1607
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Yes! The Deluxe resorts usually have a selection of goodies (like chocolate-covered strawberries, truffles, a cookie plate, etc.) available from Private Dining that you can have delivered to your room or the restaurant. The selection varies by resort, so you'd need to call Private Dining (see Post #2) to see what they're offering. Usually these are also listed in the room service menu found in your room or, at least at Aulani, on the TV!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #1608
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Ordering a cake for delivery to AoA

So I am lost, I tried to order a cake before in 2007 and they just pushed me off to order the podium cake, blah!! This is my hubby and I's one year anniversary and his first trip to Disney. Since we won't be home, we won't get our top tier cake until after the trip. I was wanting to get a mini wedding cake with rapunzel and flynn (since we got engaged in front of them at disneyland and they were our wedding cake as well). Can they do that on a mini cake and can they deliver to aoa. I tried calling but I work the hours they are open. Does anyone have an email I can contact. Or an idea if any of this is even possible? Thanks

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #1609
lurkyloo

Just leave a message and someone from AoA will get back to you. I never had any problem getting calls back for my AoA cake when I did this. They will probably suggest screen printing Rapunzel and Flynn on white chocolate and standing them next to the mini cake, since there isn't very much room on one of those—or they will suggest you get a 6-inch cake.

Once they call you back, they can give you an email address if you've requested one in your message.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #1610
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Ok so I dont need to call yacht club for mini cake for aoa? I call just call aoa and I just request tangled on screen print white chocolate, great

DLP- September 2013
Old 02-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #1611
lurkyloo

No. Yacht Club will make the cake, but you can't order it from them directly if you want it delivered to AoA. You have to call the number listed for AoA.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #1612
vicky33006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky33006 View Post
I love this thread! So, I finally ordered DS's cake for Chef Mickey's. I went back and forth 1,000 times on what I wanted, but in the end decided I didn't need to spend so much to make DS happy. So, I ordered an 8" cake with an image of Wreck-it-Ralph on it. It's vanilla on vanilla. So, the CM was sooo nice and told me that I didn't have to do anything else at this point and that they would bring the cake out right when we are done eating and surprise DS. But, I'm wondering...should I remind them when DS isn't listening? Or can I really trust that they will remember?

Also, this is a much bigger cake than I wanted so will they have a box or something for me to take the rest of the cake? Thanks for any help!!!!
Just quoting myself hoping someone might have had a cake delivered to Chef Mickey's???

Old 02-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #1613
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Just quoting myself hoping someone might have had a cake delivered to Chef Mickey's???
I have learned that it is better to inquire about your cake. Case in point, I had 3 mini cakes last vacation all different bakeries. Only one showed up on it's on. The others I had to ask for when I recieved my check and no cake. I believe the cake will be in a box on it's arrival so you will have it to take leftovers with you. We had a six inch once it was packed up in the box when we left Cali Grill.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #1614
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I'd remind them when you check in if your DS isn't within earshot. It's always better, just in case there is a problem. We had something similar at CRT. We ordered the slippers in Milk Chocolate (had the confirmation and everything) but when we arrived, they weren't there. Thankfully I asked them once we got to our table and they arranged it for us. Obviously a cake is a little different but you want to make sure it's there and that your server is aware

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 03-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #1615
vicky33006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter View Post
I have learned that it is better to inquire about your cake. Case in point, I had 3 mini cakes last vacation all different bakeries. Only one showed up on it's on. The others I had to ask for when I recieved my check and no cake. I believe the cake will be in a box on it's arrival so you will have it to take leftovers with you. We had a six inch once it was packed up in the box when we left Cali Grill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Yes, I'd remind them when you check in if your DS isn't within earshot. It's always better, just in case there is a problem. We had something similar at CRT. We ordered the slippers in Milk Chocolate (had the confirmation and everything) but when we arrived, they weren't there. Thankfully I asked them once we got to our table and they arranged it for us. Obviously a cake is a little different but you want to make sure it's there and that your server is aware
Thank you both so much. I'll be sure to ask when I check-in

Old 03-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #1616
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Ordering a cake for delivery to AoA

Ok, so I left a messaging at AoA stating I wanted to inquire about ordering a mini cake or 6inch cake for delivery to AoA in March and if they could give me an email address so I could talk back and front with someone. So now I wait, do you know if they will leave me a message with the email address. I am at work now and can't answer if they call back. Sigh! So much planning, lol!

DLP- September 2013
Old 03-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #1617
amw
need a new tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I think the trouble here is that not every resort and park is going to make its standard cakes to look exactly like those promo pictures Disney released. The CM wanted to be sure that, if you have your heart set on the cake looking exactly like the photo, you are able to "customize" it that way. Ordering a cake like that through Pat shouldn't cost you anymore than if the CM had just taken your order for a standard 8-inch cake, and that way you'll be able to specify what you want it to look like.
Oh well ... I left 3 messages for Pat and she never returned my calls. I guess podium cake it is ... as we are flying out in the morn for 2 weeks. Never had any problems ordering from Contemporary or DHS before - I guess GF is not meant to be.

WDW, March 2014 - POR
WDW, March 2013 - Swan
WDW, August 2012 - Beach Club Grand Gathering
DLR, August 2011 - Sheraton Anaheim
WDW, March 2011 - Marriott Sabal Palms
WDW, March 2010 - POFQ & Hilton Clearwater
WDW, Feb 2009 - Poly - a Disney pin sucked me in!
WDW, April 2008 - Bonnet Creek Resort
DLR, March 2007 - Hyatt - First trip ever to DL!
WDW, Sept 2005 - Cypress Pointe
WDW, Nov 2003 - HIFS - First trip with my princesses!
WDW, Nov 1998 - Grosvenor
WDW, Aug 1980 - Fort Wilderness
WDW, Aug 1974 - Fort Wilderness - Toddling my way through MK!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #1618
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw View Post
Oh well ... I left 3 messages for Pat and she never returned my calls. I guess podium cake it is ... as we are flying out in the morn for 2 weeks. Never had any problems ordering from Contemporary or DHS before - I guess GF is not meant to be.
Were you calling 407-824-1951?
Old 03-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #1619
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

AoA cake ordering

So I got a call back from Yvonne and she was telling me they don't have the copyright to Tangled?! Huh? I was confused so she gave me an email address to the Yacht club so hopefully she is mistaking, since Tangled is purely a Disney movie, fingers crossed

DLP- September 2013
Old 03-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #1620
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

yacht club

Does anyone have an email to the Yacht and Beach club bakery, the one I got from Yvonne bounced back and I haven't heard anything from her after I sent her an email to inform her. It would be great if someone had this info

DLP- September 2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: