Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #1546
jasmine31523
Mouseketeer

opps
Old 02-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #1547
jasmine31523
Mouseketeer

So of course I had to call about the Jack Sparrow Cake I talked to Chef Brian he said they are not doing them at this time. But the Tinker Bell cupcake is $8.00. Not sure about the other cupcakes but I would think they would run about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Minicakes and Cupcakes

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #1548
DisneyFanEmily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
For our anniversary trip last weekend, we were dining at Be Our Guest restaurant. I didn't like the looks of any of their desserts (and there are currently restrictions on the kinds of cakes that can be delivered there) so I decided to order a mini 2-tier cake to be delivered to our room at the Contemporary after we got back from dinner
Do you think this cake would be a good size for four people?
Old 02-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #1549
baler31
DIS Veteran

These are two cakes we ordered during our Christmas/NYE trip. The first was a birthday cake for friends from the GF bakery delivered to our Wishes Cruise on NYE. Almond flavor and I cannot remember the filling either passion fruit or just buttercream. No fondant just buttercream with the fondant cutouts $85 8 inch.

The second was the mini tier at CG, chocolate cake with buttercream, $35. No real celebration, so our server just added every celebration chocolate that they had. He was quite amusing.

These were by far the freshest and most flavorful cakes we have ordered. I was frankly shocked as in the past the cakes were attractive but we did not have the best luck with flavor/freshness. I used IPO through the Poly to order both of these and was pleasantly surprised that it turned out well.

Last edited by baler31; 02-16-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #1550
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baler31

These are two cakes we ordered during our Christmas/NYE trip. The first was a birthday cake for friends from the GF bakery delivered to our Wishes Cruise on NYE. Almond flavor and I cannot remember the filling either passion fruit or just buttercream. No fondant just buttercream with the fondant cutouts $85 8 inch.

The second was the mini tier at CG, chocolate cake with buttercream, $35. No real celebration, so our server just added every celebration chocolate that they had. He was quite amusing.

These were by far the freshest and most flavorful cakes we have ordered. I was frankly shocked as in the past the cakes were attractive but we did not have the best luck with flavor/freshness. I used IPO through the Poly to order both of these and was pleasantly surprised that it turned out well.
Thank you so much for posting. They are really nice. Was wondering if I should call myself or go through IPO at the Poly when we stay on September. Thanks to you I got my answer. Also I was thinking I wanted almond cake with passion fruit mousse too so if that is what you did get I am glad it was good. Thank you again for the post

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV,VWL,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 02-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #1551
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigget74 View Post
From Chef Brian
Heather,
At this time we are not able to accommodate any requests for the R2D2 cakes.
Dang it! Maybe if we bug them enough they'll start offering that one. Maybe they can start making some cute Star Wars apples or cupcakes to sell all year.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
Old 02-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #1552
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

I think I read somewhere in this thread that you can take candles with you?

Will the restaurant light them or do I need to take something with me?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #1553
baler31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGMom View Post
Dang it! Maybe if we bug them enough they'll start offering that one. Maybe they can start making some cute Star Wars apples or cupcakes to sell all year.
I thought this would be the response. However, I really hope they add some sort of Star Wars themed cakes with the purchase of the franchise.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #1554
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

I know I saw some pics on here of te screen printed cakes. I'm thinking of ordring an 8" cake, one of the $32 ones, with personalization & screen print.

Does anyone know what charactes are available for the screen prints?

I already had ordered an 8" cake but my DH is eyeballing the price & asking if I can do it cheaper some how. It would be delivered to the Garden Grille, so the order would stilll go through Yvette at YC right?

Old 02-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #1555
budafam
DIS Veteran

I was wondering about the screen print as well. Thinking of a Phineas and Ferb cake for a client of mine. They'll be having dinner at Crystal Palace.
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

Old 02-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #1556
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo
For our anniversary trip last weekend, we were dining at Be Our Guest restaurant. I didn't like the looks of any of their desserts (and there are currently restrictions on the kinds of cakes that can be delivered there) so I decided to order a mini 2-tier cake to be delivered to our room at the Contemporary after we got back from dinner
What are the restrictions? I read what was posted on page 1. Any additional information?

Last edited by ilovemk76; 02-17-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #1557
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erynsmom
I think I read somewhere in this thread that you can take candles with you?

Will the restaurant light them or do I need to take something with me?
Never mind...I found my answer on page 1
Old 02-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #1558
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Cool news!! Just hung up with Carolyn at the CR private dining. I'm arranging a cake for a friend at CRT. I casually mentioned we are staying at AKL and I wanted one of Brian's cakes. She said they can't deliver there but you CAN pick up at cake at the Wave!!

Old 02-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #1559
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Just got off the phone ordering the cake for my sister's 50th birthday this Sunday! I emailed with Chef Brian last week and he said he could do the 8" cake with green fondant, put a road around the base of the cake and on the top, and put a 2D image of Mickey running. Sounds cute! I just completed the order and can't wait to see it! Will definitely post pics when I get home!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #1560
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFanEmily View Post
Do you think this cake would be a good size for four people?
Yes, and you'll still have leftovers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuess View Post
Does anyone know what charactes are available for the screen prints?

I already had ordered an 8" cake but my DH is eyeballing the price & asking if I can do it cheaper some how. It would be delivered to the Garden Grille, so the order would stilll go through Yvette at YC right?
For a simple 8-inch with a screen print you can just use Epcot's balery by calling the Cake Hotline. You only need to go through Y&BC if you want something elaborate with fondant. When you call, they can tell you which characters are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemk76 View Post
What are the restrictions? I read what was posted on page 1. Any additional information?
Right now BOG doesn't have a cooler big enough to accommodate elaborate cakes, so the Contemporary is evaluating each request individually. You can describe to them what you're after and they'll let you know if it's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
Cool news!! Just hung up with Carolyn at the CR private dining. I'm arranging a cake for a friend at CRT. I casually mentioned we are staying at AKL and I wanted one of Brian's cakes. She said they can't deliver there but you CAN pick up at cake at the Wave!!
This is indeed great news! Thanks for sharing!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: