Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #1471
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragontears View Post
Unfortunately, SOG is at the mercy of the contractor. They can’t control the delays with materials availability/deliveries, manpower, weather, etc. That's a lot of concrete to pour and it can't be done when it's raining or the ground is too wet. So promising a date would only cause grief if/when there are delays.

Our simple (inside- no weather issues) remodel took almost twice as long as promised.

It is very frustrating for everyone.

I'm just glad our reservations are a bit further out. (omg.....Did I really say that?)
We're scheduled to arrive October 14th. I think I'll keep it for the time being, but if by mid-September they haven't gotten any farther along in the pool progress I'll switch. It's hard to beat the $99 rate I got, and we eat at the Poly quite a bit, but that pool not being operational will really be a deal breaker for me.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #1472
Dragontears
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
I ended up canceling our SOG reservation for next week, because we didn't want to deal with the pool construction, and I don't think that's petty or silly. We have family members that spend a lot of time at the resort enjoying the pools and other resort amenities so they'd like to avoid construction if possible. We switched over to the Poly where we know everyone will be happy and will try SOG next summer when hopefully all of their construction is finished.

It's whatever works for your family, some people don't mind the pool being closed or other construction when their on vacation and some people do mind. Either way is fine and neither is right or wrong. I am glad SOG is doing some improvements though and I'll be sure to go back when it's all done to check it out. But for now the disney military resort discount allows us to go elsewhere while work is being down at shades.
You are so right. It is different for each family and an individual choice. No silly or petty about it.

It could be worse. At least they have two pools. The Mickey pool is still open. That's the one the kids prefer.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!'

Dragontears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #1473
sharnonc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by abolanwoski View Post
Do you just "reply" to the original mail with the attachment or is there an email address that I'm somehow missing? I don't have fax at home, so I may have to send to work with DH if I can't figure out the emailing thing. TIA
I couldn't figure out the emailing thing either. I think I would have had to print it, fill it out, scan it to a memory stick, transfer to the computer then email. UGH! I ended up sending it to work with my hubs. He faxed it in the morning and by the afternoon we had our confirmation.
sharnonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #1474
jusero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharnonc View Post
I couldn't figure out the emailing thing either. I think I would have had to print it, fill it out, scan it to a memory stick, transfer to the computer then email. UGH! I ended up sending it to work with my hubs. He faxed it in the morning and by the afternoon we had our confirmation.
That's pretty much what I had to do last year. Print it, fill it out, scan it, save to the computer and then email it. BUT! It is still better than standing in line at the ticket counter once we get there.

Oh, and, if you take a look at my ticket, you will see we are nearly at the one month mark! Hoo-AH!!!!

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

jusero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #1475
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

Question Infants in rooms

In a few days I'll be making reservations for Feb. We are traveling with my sister's family of six. Her youngest will only be 17 months old at that time. I sent SOG an e-mail to see if we could still get a standard room for them just to be sure of the policy. They called me today and said yes but that we had to use their crib or play-yard and couldn't use our own. That seems gross to me and my sister. Has anyone had any experience with their cribs or play-yard? Were they in good condition, meet safety requirements and clean? Any info you have would be great. Thanks in advance.

Me DH DSS13 DD7

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 Shades of Green,
2013 Port Orleans Riverside
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #1476
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
In a few days I'll be making reservations for Feb. We are traveling with my sister's family of six. Her youngest will only be 17 months old at that time. I sent SOG an e-mail to see if we could still get a standard room for them just to be sure of the policy. They called me today and said yes but that we had to use their crib or play-yard and couldn't use our own. That seems gross to me and my sister. Has anyone had any experience with their cribs or play-yard? Were they in good condition, meet safety requirements and clean? Any info you have would be great. Thanks in advance.
I haven't but that just seems odd. Why would you HAVE to use theirs? What's to stop you from just bringing your own?

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #1477
rebekah8284
Earning My Ears

When we stayed back in 2011 I used one of their cots for my son and I didn't have any problems with it. Don't know why you would think it was gross to use a hotel cot how is it different from using a bed? Both have been slept on by other people. The cot was clean had waterproof mattress and they changed sheets when I asked. Hope that helps.

rebekah8284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #1478
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekah8284 View Post
When we stayed back in 2011 I used one of their cots for my son and I didn't have any problems with it. Don't know why you would think it was gross to use a hotel cot how is it different from using a bed? Both have been slept on by other people. The cot was clean had waterproof mattress and they changed sheets when I asked. Hope that helps.
The person I spoke with on the phone said it was a pack n' play and I just wonder if they wipe the entire thing down not just changing sheets. Sleeping on something like a bed or cot doesn't bother me but you know how infants can be. They put their mouths on everything. Mine use to bite the the rails of her crib and pack n' play all the time. That's probably my only concern but my sister will probably wipe the rails down just to be safe. I also asked the customer service rep if the pack n' play or crib as she sometimes called it was up to current safety guidelines and got no answer, lol. I got the impression she didn't know much about cribs and pack n' plays. Thought it best that I ask people who had been there and used them to get a better idea of what kind of crib she was talking about. Thanks for your help. Hearing the good will make my sister feel better.

Me DH DSS13 DD7

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 Shades of Green,
2013 Port Orleans Riverside
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #1479
sharnonc
Earning My Ears

2 more days and a wake up till we're back at SOG and Disney.
sharnonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #1480
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
The person I spoke with on the phone said it was a pack n' play and I just wonder if they wipe the entire thing down not just changing sheets. Sleeping on something like a bed or cot doesn't bother me but you know how infants can be. They put their mouths on everything. Mine use to bite the the rails of her crib and pack n' play all the time. That's probably my only concern but my sister will probably wipe the rails down just to be safe. I also asked the customer service rep if the pack n' play or crib as she sometimes called it was up to current safety guidelines and got no answer, lol. I got the impression she didn't know much about cribs and pack n' plays. Thought it best that I ask people who had been there and used them to get a better idea of what kind of crib she was talking about. Thanks for your help. Hearing the good will make my sister feel better.
I'd probably say OK and just use my own. Leave the one they provide folded in a corner/closet. But, we've never had more than 3 in a room so there's always a corner
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #1481
abolanwoski
Not mean, just says what others are thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharnonc View Post
So a new twist on this ticket thing - I too sent the form to work with DH to get it faxed. While he was trying to figure out how to get the fax machine to work one of his admin staff came over to help him. When she told her what he was trying to do, she stopped him and gave him a pentagon services flyer. Apparently the pentagon sells them for even less than the official price! I called to confirm and they sell the Salute for $150 and the Salute with both for $176. I have no idea why. Anybody else have this experience with your local ITT office?

I'm going to get them, hope they're the right ticket.
1999 - Beach Club & Disney Magic
2000, 07, 08 - Disneyland
2003 - Grand Floridian for Halloween
2008 - Disney Magic
2010 - BLT
2011 - Gaylord Palms

DH Me DD6 DD9
abolanwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #1482
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abolanwoski View Post
So a new twist on this ticket thing - I too sent the form to work with DH to get it faxed. While he was trying to figure out how to get the fax machine to work one of his admin staff came over to help him. When she told her what he was trying to do, she stopped him and gave him a pentagon services flyer. Apparently the pentagon sells them for even less than the official price! I called to confirm and they sell the Salute for $150 and the Salute with both for $176. I have no idea why. Anybody else have this experience with your local ITT office?

I'm going to get them, hope they're the right ticket.
We had that with Disneyland tickets last spring. Just a 2 or 3 dollars less not like your deal!! The gentleman running the place (outdoor rec center) made it sound like it was up to him.
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #1483
rebekah8284
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat

No it wasnt a pack and play was a crib that rolled on wheels. You could lock the wheels in place and was a standard crib, one side of the railing could be lowered other stayed up. I didn't have any problems with it. And was easy to wipe down bars. So unless anyone has been more recently to say if they have changed to pack n plays but they would be harder to clean then a crib. I don't know what room you will be in but I don't think you would have the space to keep theirs in a corner and put your own up. We were in a double queen room and the crib was put between the table and the sofa in the room. Unless you want to block the pathway and have to climb over the bed. Also I think they would notice you bringing it in and house keeping would definitely see it when they tidy the room if you bring your own.

rebekah8284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #1484
jusero
DIS Veteran

We used theirs one year and it was a pack and play. However, this was a looooooooog time ago. The baby we used it for is now seven years old.
But, whether it is a P&P or a real crib, just take some of those Lysol wipes and clean it down really well yourself. I am sure Shades does an excellent job of cleaning them, but I understand not trusting your baby's health to someone else.

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

jusero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #1485
kidsrfun
Mouseketeer

I just got a rental car for $11 a day! Gotta love Priceline! Even with the taxes and fees it come out to be less than ***********! Perfect since we are heading to Tampa one day to watch the Tampa Bay / Yankees game and would of had to rent a car for one day anyway! So excited!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

February 2013 - Playing tour guide at the Pop! / August 2012 - My First Solo Trip! (SOG) / January 2012 - Holden Girls' Weekend Adventure! (POP) / Feb 2010 - First Holden Girls Only Trip to Disney (POP) / Aug 2009 - 25 Year Anniversary Trip (POP) / Aug 2004 - Chris and his Cool Aunt Trip (POP) / Nov 2000 - Surprise! We're spending Thanksgiving in Disney! (SOG) / Aug 1998 - Much needed Family Reunion Trip (SOG) / Aug 1995 - Just the 4 of us (SOG) / Many previous off site trips!
kidsrfun is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: