Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #1456
sharnonc
Earning My Ears

Pre-order ticket question

Just received our ticket order form I'm wondering if after filling it out, has anyone emailed it back to SOG or does everyone just fax it back? Thanks.
sharnonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #1457
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharnonc View Post
Just received our ticket order form I'm wondering if after filling it out, has anyone emailed it back to SOG or does everyone just fax it back? Thanks.
I'm sure I used email.
CR: July/Aug 2003
CSR: July 2009 (split SOG)
SOG: Dec 2006, July 2009, June 2011, Aug 2012
ASMo: May 2014
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #1458
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbarr View Post
For anyone who has been there during the current pool construction, I have a few questions...

How noisy is the construction, can you hear it in the rooms? How crowded is the one remaining pool? We like to have a day or 2 to just lay by the pool, so I'm wondering if we should stay elsewhere...
We had a room overlooking the pool construction in April.... they didn't work on the weekend... and during the week it was business hours... it was a little noisy but not to bad... and if you go to the Mickey pool you can't hear it at all so you should be fine. We only heard it when we had the door open...

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #1459
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

I apologize if this has been asked recently, when is the pool construction on the Magnolia Pool supposed to be completed? I said I would give SoG another chance *if* they upgraded their pool, as the last time it was a deal breaker, and I'm trying to throw together a mid-October trip.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #1460
jusero
DIS Veteran

Can't believe I almost forgot about the ticket preorder form! What kind of a Disney geek am I?
How many weeks out does it get emailed?

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

jusero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #1461
sharnonc
Earning My Ears

Thanks buffetgirl email is so much easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
Can't believe I almost forgot about the ticket preorder form! What kind of a Disney geek am I?
We got ours yesterday, 12 days away from our arrival day.
sharnonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #1462
WendyWuWu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
They say about two weeks out, it's emailed to you, however, when I hit my two week mark, I had not received it. So, being the type A Disney geek, I am, I messaged the SoG moderator on their facebook page. He/she got right back with me that they'd passed it on to whomever is in charge of this and within a few hours, I'd received this email. I faxed my request last night and I had an email this morning confirming that they'd received it and our tickets would be waiting for us when we arrive on the 19th.

Me..Wendy DH..Larry DS..Adam DN...Allie

Offsite..1992; Offsite...1995; POR..2004; CBR...2008; POFQ...2009; WL/BLT...2010; YC...2011; YC...2012; SOG...2013; YC...2014
WendyWuWu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #1463
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
I apologize if this has been asked recently, when is the pool construction on the Magnolia Pool supposed to be completed? I said I would give SoG another chance *if* they upgraded their pool, as the last time it was a deal breaker, and I'm trying to throw together a mid-October trip.
According to their fb post the other day - it should open late summer, early fall.

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
AoA/POFQ split stay - June 2014
**COMING SOON*** Disneyland July 2014
goofyredraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #1464
5kitty
Earning My Ears

It has been awhile since we have stayed at SOG. I know when we were last there, they did not have calendars posted with special events/special meals, etc. Since we will be returning to SOG in December, I am wondering if SOG has calendars year round or just for the busier summer /fall months like I have seen posted? Thanks so much.
5kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #1465
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyredraider View Post
According to their fb post the other day - it should open late summer, early fall.
I wish they'd be a little more specific with their time frames, considering it's already late summer. Their FB pictures make it look like they still have a long way to go.

I know a lot of people laugh and think I'm being petty because "no one goes to WDW for a pool", but for us that really is a big part of the reason we go. We live in the Pacific Northwest and very rarely get the opportunity to swim. We always take a very long (4-5hr) swim break every afternoon. A great pool is a big deal to us, and while Shades is by far the least expensive option on property, I'm willing to pay $35 more a night and stay at the Coronado Springs with their amazing pool, better food options, and Magical Express service plus free parking, if the new pool at SoG isn't going to be done before our mid-October reservation.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #1466
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I wish they'd be a little more specific with their time frames, considering it's already late summer. Their FB pictures make it look like they still have a long way to go.

I know a lot of people laugh and think I'm being petty because "no one goes to WDW for a pool", but for us that really is a big part of the reason we go. We live in the Pacific Northwest and very rarely get the opportunity to swim. We always take a very long (4-5hr) swim break every afternoon. A great pool is a big deal to us, and while Shades is by far the least expensive option on property, I'm willing to pay $35 more a night and stay at the Coronado Springs with their amazing pool, better food options, and Magical Express service plus free parking, if the new pool at SoG isn't going to be done before our mid-October reservation.
We were stationed at McChord for 3.5 long years so I completely understand. Frankly, unless you're an E-3, I think you can easily beat the SOG rate at Coronado. I currently have CS booked for a weekend in early Nov for $143 a night. It would definitely cost us more per night to stay at SOG and I'd much rather have the fun theming and great pool at Coronado. Obviously I don't know your category for SOG, but it was a no brainer for me. Better theming, better pool, better food options...

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013

Last edited by shburks; 08-11-2013 at 08:10 PM.
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #1467
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
We were stationed at McChord for 3.5 long years so I completely understand. Frankly, unless you're an E-3, I think you can easily beat the SOG rate at Coronado. I currently have CS booked for a weekend in early Nov for $143 a night. It would definitely cost us more per night to stay at SOG and I'd much rather have the fun theming and great pool at Coronado. Obviously I don't know your category for SOG, but it was a no brained for me. Better theming, better pool, better food options...
And we'll go for a week and only look at the pool when we walk past. From the frozen north.
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #1468
Dragontears
Mouseketeer

Unhappy the contractor blues

Quote:
Unfortunately, SOG is at the mercy of the contractor. They can’t control the delays with materials availability/deliveries, manpower, weather, etc. That's a lot of concrete to pour and it can't be done when it's raining or the ground is too wet. So promising a date would only cause grief if/when there are delays.

Our simple (inside- no weather issues) remodel took almost twice as long as promised.

It is very frustrating for everyone.

I'm just glad our reservations are a bit further out. (omg.....Did I really say that?)
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!'

Dragontears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #1469
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I ended up canceling our SOG reservation for next week, because we didn't want to deal with the pool construction, and I don't think that's petty or silly. We have family members that spend a lot of time at the resort enjoying the pools and other resort amenities so they'd like to avoid construction if possible. We switched over to the Poly where we know everyone will be happy and will try SOG next summer when hopefully all of their construction is finished.

It's whatever works for your family, some people don't mind the pool being closed or other construction when their on vacation and some people do mind. Either way is fine and neither is right or wrong. I am glad SOG is doing some improvements though and I'll be sure to go back when it's all done to check it out. But for now the disney military resort discount allows us to go elsewhere while work is being down at shades.

BabyFu18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #1470
abolanwoski
Not mean, just says what others are thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
I'm sure I used email.
Do you just "reply" to the original mail with the attachment or is there an email address that I'm somehow missing? I don't have fax at home, so I may have to send to work with DH if I can't figure out the emailing thing. TIA
1999 - Beach Club & Disney Magic
2000, 07, 08 - Disneyland
2003 - Grand Floridian for Halloween
2008 - Disney Magic
2010 - BLT
2011 - Gaylord Palms

DH Me DD6 DD9
abolanwoski is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: