Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #1411
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW 3 View Post
Yes! They put it on their FB page July 11th.
"We would like to address recent guest concerns that our buses are looking a bit worn. The current buses are near the end of their life cycle. We would like to send out a huge thank you to our contractor, Escot. They are working hard to keep the buses up to our first class standards. We ask for your patience just a bit longer as brand new buses are on order and are being built right now! We expect the new arrivals to be put into use in March 2014. Your safety and enjoyment will always be our top priority!"
Nice!

As an aside, we recently saw an Escot bus and all I could think was "the bus to AK is here!"
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #1412
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Since the coffee makers in the room were updated, does anyone know by looking at the coffee makers what type of pods it might take if I were to buy my own to take with me? We are a family of big coffee drinkers and so it'd be much easier to take my own pods than to constantly ask housekeeping for extras.
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #1413
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
Since the coffee makers in the room were updated, does anyone know by looking at the coffee makers what type of pods it might take if I were to buy my own to take with me? We are a family of big coffee drinkers and so it'd be much easier to take my own pods than to constantly ask housekeeping for extras.
Or you could be like us.... sometimes the housekeeping closets are ajar and we've been known to grab our own extra towels if we needed them Caught on camrea!?
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #1414
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW 3 View Post
Or you could be like us.... sometimes the housekeeping closets are ajar and we've been known to grab our own extra towels if we needed them Caught on camrea!?
or just ask....
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #1415
jusero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
I posted this in a separate thread but posting here, too, hoping the experts will know!

I have a friend going to Disney planning to stay at SOG. Large party--one is retired military and one active duty whose rank is lower than the retired members. They booked several rooms based on the active duty (E-5) pay rank. However, SOG says you cannot book a room for other eligible members.

If retired member doesn't show his ID, would SOG know he was retired military? Not trying to get around rules as the friend didn't know that...just don't want them to get "busted" once they arrive and have to pay more than they expected.

Thanks!
If I remember right, all sponsored rooms are charged the category 2 rate anyway, no matter what rank the sponsor is. I could be wrong. You should probably have your friend call Shades to clarify.

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

jusero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #1416
jusero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
Nice!

As an aside, we recently saw an Escot bus and all I could think was "the bus to AK is here!"
I keep reading Epcot, not Escot.

1982, 1985, Disneyland

Old 07-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #1417
Dragontears
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
They are Cuisinart two cup coffee makers that take the one cup pod designed for low-pressure machines. There are lots of brands. DH doesn't like the brand SOG has so we will be taking our own.

Here is a link so you can see what they look like.

https://shoponline.melitta.com/page/...FSJqMgodBz8AIQ
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!'

Dragontears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #1418
jusero
DIS Veteran

I will be at our favorite home away from home in just 53 days! can't wait!

I just wanted to check in here for those of you who frequent my trip reports (links below). Last year I did a "what in the world" photo quiz (extreme close ups of various things) and the year before it was "where in the world" (photos of sort of hidden or out-of-the-way things). I am looking for ideas of what to do this year.

1982, 1985, Disneyland

Old 07-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #1419
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

bumping up to see if anyone has any of these answers! thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
We've never stayed at Shades of Green-just POR but Disney keeps raising their prices and between Disney rates and the furlough, this looks like a good 2nd option.

I have a few questions:

1. Are they putting in a slide at the pool and when?? Is the pool heated?

2. Do the room fees listed online include the tax or is that price before taxes? We would qualify for the $130 per night rate-is that the price or are taxes added on?

3. How much $$$$ would airport transportation from MCO cost for a family of 2 adults and one child?

4. It seems they have a quick service place. I understand their food is not Disney food but am curious if the quick service can accommodate a child with gluten allergy? Has anyone had experience with this at shades?

5. Is there a playground?? Other activities for children? We have a 7year old.

6. My last silly question.....Are the bedspreads/comforters still the floral pattern that is shown on their website?? Or have those been updated?

OK....so more than a few but I appreciate any insight/help!!! The recent pics posted have been so wonderful and helpful!
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #1420
smhogar
Mouseketeer

Answers below if I know them:

Quote:
We've never stayed at Shades of Green-just POR but Disney keeps raising their prices and between Disney rates and the furlough, this looks like a good 2nd option.

I have a few questions:

1. Are they putting in a slide at the pool and when?? Is the pool heated? - I don't think that they are putting in a slide in the Magnolia pool. I don't know the plans for the Millpond (Mickey) pool. In Dec 06, they were not heated.

2. Do the room fees listed online include the tax or is that price before taxes? We would qualify for the $130 per night rate-is that the price or are taxes added on? - No taxes at SOG

3. How much $$$$ would airport transportation from MCO cost for a family of 2 adults and one child? - I rent a car which cost 5.00 a day to park at SOG.

4. It seems they have a quick service place. I understand their food is not Disney food but am curious if the quick service can accommodate a child with gluten allergy? Has anyone had experience with this at shades? - - No experience with food allergies.

5. Is there a playground?? Other activities for children? We have a 7year old. - There is a playground near the Millpond (Mickey) pool which is near Evergreens/Luckys. I don't know how this area will be affected when the renovations to that pool are in progress.

There is the arcades and the Family technology room that has Wii etc...

6. My last silly question.....Are the bedspreads/comforters still the floral pattern that is shown on their website?? Or have those been updated? - Ok, I was just there July 10 - 18, you would think that I would remember. I remember I green bedspread not floral and I don't have any pics of the room.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #1421
smhogar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG2 View Post
Thanks Sharon, great pics!! Looks like Lucky's is located next to Evergreens. Is that an add-on or is Lucky's where the spa used to be?
I was never there when the spa was by Evergreens.
If you went into Evergreens in the farthest entrance from the playground it is on the left. The opposite side from the bathrooms. Hope that helps.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #1422
smhogar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
If I remember right, all sponsored rooms are charged the category 2 rate anyway, no matter what rank the sponsor is. I could be wrong. You should probably have your friend call Shades to clarify.
I am Category 3 and my sponsored guest was category 3. I would call Shades.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #1423
jusero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
I posted this in a separate thread but posting here, too, hoping the experts will know!

I have a friend going to Disney planning to stay at SOG. Large party--one is retired military and one active duty whose rank is lower than the retired members. They booked several rooms based on the active duty (E-5) pay rank. However, SOG says you cannot book a room for other eligible members.

If retired member doesn't show his ID, would SOG know he was retired military? Not trying to get around rules as the friend didn't know that...just don't want them to get "busted" once they arrive and have to pay more than they expected.

Thanks!
This is cut and pasted from the Shades website:

Room Rates: Room Rates are based on military rank or civilian grade at the time of check-in. If you are a retired military member, your rate will be based on the rank achieved at the time of your retirement. Retired civilian members of the military community will pay the Category #3 rate. For others associated with the military (i.e. 100% disabled Veterans, Medal of Honor Recipients, etc.), please click here for Room Rate details. Room Rates are based on two adults occupying a standard room and four adults occupying the suites; for single occupancy, subtract $2 from the listed rate. Add $15 per additional adult 18 years or older. E1 through E5, and Cadet sponsor and dependents will receive the rate that applies to category one; any additional sponsored rooms will receive the rate that applies to category two. Rates are available year-round with the exception of Hollyday packages at Christmas and New Years. Room Rates are subject to change without notice.

1982, 1985, Disneyland

Old 07-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #1424
jusero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can find a lot of answers to your questions at the Shades facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/shadesofgreenresort

They also have photos and updates on the pool. I think I read that they are planning a slide for the new pool, but can't be sure. I think they may even have newer photos of the rooms. Hope this helps.

1982, 1985, Disneyland

Old 07-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #1425
robin19871
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have a few questions:

1. Are they putting in a slide at the pool and when?? Is the pool heated?

2. Do the room fees listed online include the tax or is that price before taxes? We would qualify for the $130 per night rate-is that the price or are taxes added on?

3. How much $$$$ would airport transportation from MCO cost for a family of 2 adults and one child?

4. It seems they have a quick service place. I understand their food is not Disney food but am curious if the quick service can accommodate a child with gluten allergy? Has anyone had experience with this at shades?

5. Is there a playground?? Other activities for children? We have a 7year old.

6. My last silly question.....Are the bedspreads/comforters still the floral pattern that is shown on their website?? Or have those been updated?

OK....so more than a few but I appreciate any insight/help!!! The recent pics posted have been so wonderful and helpful!
They are putting a water slide and "Fort" Splash Pad at the Mickey pool.. Once the Magnolia pool is finished, they are starting work on the Mickey pool. Yes, the water in the pools is heated. (Or so Shades says they are.)
robin19871 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: