Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #1276
mamakitteh
been to Disneyland more times than I can remember!
 
mamakitteh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: in the awesome land of Awesomeness!
Posts: 36

Does anyone happen to know if they take the Military Star Card anywhere in SoG? Not necessarily to pay for the room, but maybe at the Exchange, Shopette, etc? I'm just curious... thanks!
__________________
Celebrating our 15th Anniversary at WDW! 6/17/13 Kelly 34 Dan 36 11 6
1979-1996 more childhood trips to Disneyland than I can count! 1997 first trip to Disneyland with my husband 1999 Disneyland 2003 Daughter's first trip to Disneyland/California Adventure! 2005 Son's first trip to Disneyland/California Adventure and Sea World! 2008 Disneyland
mamakitteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #1277
kirrrby
We're all mad here....
 
kirrrby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,908

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakitteh View Post
Does anyone happen to know if they take the Military Star Card anywhere in SoG? Not necessarily to pay for the room, but maybe at the Exchange, Shopette, etc? I'm just curious... thanks!
The AAFES store at SOG does take the Star card. That seems to be the only place though.
__________________

"Yo ho, yo ho a Navy life for me"



I've eaten at 183 out of 241 restaurants at Walt Disney World (76%)


kirrrby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #1278
mamakitteh
been to Disneyland more times than I can remember!
 
mamakitteh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: in the awesome land of Awesomeness!
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirrrby View Post
The AAFES store at SOG does take the Star card. That seems to be the only place though.
Awesome, thanks!
__________________
Celebrating our 15th Anniversary at WDW! 6/17/13 Kelly 34 Dan 36 11 6
1979-1996 more childhood trips to Disneyland than I can count! 1997 first trip to Disneyland with my husband 1999 Disneyland 2003 Daughter's first trip to Disneyland/California Adventure! 2005 Son's first trip to Disneyland/California Adventure and Sea World! 2008 Disneyland
mamakitteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #1279
WDW 3
Mouseketeer
 
WDW 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 359

New pics of the pool work on Facebook.
__________________
Off site 1996, Contemporary 1997
SOG 2005, 2007, 2008, POFQ 2009, SOG 2010, 2011
Disneyland Paradise Pier 3/2012, SOG 2012
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #1280
sunandsmiles
Earning My Ears
 
sunandsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW 3 View Post
New pics of the pool work on Facebook.
Thanks for the info...umm, is it just me or does it look like there is literally one guy building that pool all by himself!
__________________
Me:, DH, DD(7), DD(4)
sunandsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #1281
jusero
DIS Veteran
 
jusero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 1,185

Just wanted to check my ticker without searching for my last post.

Lookie! Lookie! Lookie!!!!!
__________________

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400


jusero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #1282
mog
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 949

Heading back to SOG this summer after a few years of not being there. I have been reading a lot lately about these new RFID ticket/wristband things and the new Fastpass Plus system. We just get the Stars & Stripes length of stay passes at SOG. How (if at all) is this affected by all this new stuff? What do I need to know? Is anything different or do I just still use the paper ticket to get in the gate and to get fast passes as usual.
Just want to be prepared! Thanks
Also - I know we don't get to park for free at the parks any more but are we still included in the extra magic hours at the parks?
mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #1283
WDW 3
Mouseketeer
 
WDW 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
Just wanted to check my ticker without searching for my last post.

Lookie! Lookie! Lookie!!!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!
I sadly don't have anything planned
__________________
Off site 1996, Contemporary 1997
SOG 2005, 2007, 2008, POFQ 2009, SOG 2010, 2011
Disneyland Paradise Pier 3/2012, SOG 2012
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #1284
capegirl
DIS Veteran
 
capegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog View Post
Heading back to SOG this summer after a few years of not being there. I have been reading a lot lately about these new RFID ticket/wristband things and the new Fastpass Plus system. We just get the Stars & Stripes length of stay passes at SOG. How (if at all) is this affected by all this new stuff? What do I need to know? Is anything different or do I just still use the paper ticket to get in the gate and to get fast passes as usual.
Just want to be prepared! Thanks
Also - I know we don't get to park for free at the parks any more but are we still included in the extra magic hours at the parks?
Yes, SOG guests do get EMH!!. I believe the new wristbands & Fast Pass+ are not yet in effect across the board, only to certain guests of certain resorts. I asked the question about the Military Salute tickets, and I was told that when you activate the tickets at Disney, they will be replaced with the new RFID tickets.
capegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #1285
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran
 
MAGICFOR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,936

Quote:
Originally Posted by capegirl View Post
Yes, SOG guests do get EMH!!. I believe the new wristbands & Fast Pass+ are not yet in effect across the board, only to certain guests of certain resorts. I asked the question about the Military Salute tickets, and I was told that when you activate the tickets at Disney, they will be replaced with the new RFID tickets.
From what I've been reading, here's the rub. You have to have the voucher numbers from the tickets in order to book your FP+ experiences. Guests will be able to book up to 180 days out for rides just like for ADRs. If you don't get the tickets until you get there, all the good FP are gone, and you get the Magical surprise and delight of FP for Jungle Cruise and Magic Carpet Ride!!!! Can you tell I'm VERY happy this didn't roll out as expected before our July trip?
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #1286
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
You have to have the voucher numbers from the tickets in order to book your FP+ experiences. Guests will be able to book up to 180 days out for rides just like for ADRs.
Wow. That's very new information. Everything I have read, including on the My Disney Experience terms of use page, has stated 60 days out for FP+ reservations. Can you please post a link to where you saw 180 days out?
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #1287
capegirl
DIS Veteran
 
capegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
From what I've been reading, here's the rub. You have to have the voucher numbers from the tickets in order to book your FP+ experiences. Guests will be able to book up to 180 days out for rides just like for ADRs. If you don't get the tickets until you get there, all the good FP are gone, and you get the Magical surprise and delight of FP for Jungle Cruise and Magic Carpet Ride!!!! Can you tell I'm VERY happy this didn't roll out as expected before our July trip?
Good grief! I had heard about the advance booking for rides at the 180 day mark, but I had no idea about this 'voucher number ' thing. It makes sense because now the Disney resort reservations, ADR's, and tickets are all linked together on 'My Disney Experience', so once you've purchased a package through Disney you can book all of your Fast Passes at 180 days out. Yes, I'm glad this thing is not happening in July!
capegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #1288
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?
 
buffettgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GreatWoods parking lot.
Posts: 3,131

Since it's only being tested right now and after the test it will be reviewed and redesigned, I don't know that there is really any cause for worry about it right now. No one really knows how it's going to work.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #1289
mog
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 949

Okay, I'm a little freaked out right now. The online reservation site is back up at the SOG site and I needed to drop a day off of one of my rooms for our reservation next month. I put in my email address and the confirmation number and it said that they couldn't find a reservation with that information! So I tried our other room's confirmation number and it says the same thing! I have the email confirmations I got from them but I did make the reservations almost a year ago. Guess I will be calling first thing Monday morning!
mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #1290
capegirl
DIS Veteran
 
capegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog View Post
Okay, I'm a little freaked out right now. The online reservation site is back up at the SOG site and I needed to drop a day off of one of my rooms for our reservation next month. I put in my email address and the confirmation number and it said that they couldn't find a reservation with that information! So I tried our other room's confirmation number and it says the same thing! I have the email confirmations I got from them but I did make the reservations almost a year ago. Guess I will be calling first thing Monday morning!
Don't panic. I'm sure everything is okay because you have the email confirmations. SOG online reservation system is just not reliable, so it's always best to call them. Have a great trip!
capegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: