Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #1051
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 8,155

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyWildcatGirl01 View Post
Does anyone have a picture of the fridge in the rooms?!
Easily found using Google:

http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Sh...Fridge_jpg.htm
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #1052
KyWildcatGirl01
Mouseketeer
 
KyWildcatGirl01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
Thank you so much!
__________________
Me DH DS
PROUD Army Wife & Shades of Green Fan!!

KyWildcatGirl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #1053
KyWildcatGirl01
Mouseketeer
 
KyWildcatGirl01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 97

So I called about the october special and they tell me its not really 59.95 a night its 119.95? But the special says 59.95 based on double occunpancy?! I am confused?!
__________________
Me DH DS
PROUD Army Wife & Shades of Green Fan!!

KyWildcatGirl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #1054
Figg
Earning My Ears
 
Figg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyWildcatGirl01 View Post
So I called about the october special and they tell me its not really 59.95 a night its 119.95? But the special says 59.95 based on double occunpancy?! I am confused?!
The website says 59.95 per person.
__________________
]
Figg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #1055
bound4wdw
Mouseketeer
 
bound4wdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 191

So this will be our first time staying at the shades, We normally stay at a Disney resort. So my question is, what is the most economical way to get from the airport to the hotel?
Meers shuttle is about $80 each way and a rental car will cost about $300, plus the extra $60 cost at the hotel.
Any ideas??
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/pbt068zb5sabikvk.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
bound4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #1056
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?
 
buffettgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GreatWoods parking lot.
Posts: 3,116

Quote:
Originally Posted by bound4wdw View Post
So this will be our first time staying at the shades, We normally stay at a Disney resort. So my question is, what is the most economical way to get from the airport to the hotel?
Meers shuttle is about $80 each way and a rental car will cost about $300, plus the extra $60 cost at the hotel.
Any ideas??
look around for rental deals - follow the transportation board thread for the month you'll be going and you're sure to find a car rental for at least as cheap if not cheaper than what you're going to pay for a shuttle.

We got our rental for $109 for the week, including tax, using a combination of coupons. You can book and cancel rentals as often as you like. And if I had gone with a smaller size I could have easily gotten it down to about $75 for the week.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #1057
KyWildcatGirl01
Mouseketeer
 
KyWildcatGirl01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by bound4wdw View Post
So this will be our first time staying at the shades, We normally stay at a Disney resort. So my question is, what is the most economical way to get from the airport to the hotel?
Meers shuttle is about $80 each way and a rental car will cost about $300, plus the extra $60 cost at the hotel.
Any ideas??
I have looked at every rental, town car and shuttle. We found a town car service that only charges $150.00 round trip and a free 20 minute grocery stop. Needless to say it was the cheapest for us and worth it so we booked! Hoping it all turns out well!
__________________
Me DH DS
PROUD Army Wife & Shades of Green Fan!!

KyWildcatGirl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #1058
Cobscook
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4

Early ADR at Animal Kingdom

Hi all! First time poster so be gentle LOL!

We will be at SOG from April 17 - 24 (yay!). This is our second trip to Disney and staying at SOG which we love.

My question is this: We have ADR at Tusker House at 8:30AM on Saturday morning. I do not think the SOG bus runs early enough to get us there on time. What is our best transportation option? I'm thinking Shady Shuttle to Poly, get on Monorail to TTC and then bus to AK. Does that sound right? Does anyone have any thoughts about how early we should leave SOG to make all the connections?

We are a party of 14 ranging in age from 5 to 65.
Cobscook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #1059
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?
 
buffettgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GreatWoods parking lot.
Posts: 3,116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobscook View Post
Hi all! First time poster so be gentle LOL!

We will be at SOG from April 17 - 24 (yay!). This is our second trip to Disney and staying at SOG which we love.

My question is this: We have ADR at Tusker House at 8:30AM on Saturday morning. I do not think the SOG bus runs early enough to get us there on time. What is our best transportation option? I'm thinking Shady Shuttle to Poly, get on Monorail to TTC and then bus to AK. Does that sound right? Does anyone have any thoughts about how early we should leave SOG to make all the connections?

We are a party of 14 ranging in age from 5 to 65.
From poly you can walk to TTC, no need to take the monorail. But I would get to Poly and then pick up the resort AK bus directly from Poly.

With that many I would leave around 7:00 or so, you can't move as quickly. Count on only one group using the shady shuttle, the rest of you walk to poly. It's going to take a good 20 min to get you down if you all wait for the shuttle to go back and forth.

Once at poly, you'll have to wait for the bus at poly and then arrive at AK no later than 8. With 14 of you, you need to be at that bus stop ahead of any other guest so that you can make sure you all get on the bus. If the bus stop is crowded at Poly, split up, and send half of you to TTC for their bus (though, at that time of the morning it might be the same bus, and the Poly bus might actually continue onto GF after pick up)

Once you get to AK you still have to get all of you through bag check, and walk all the way to the back of the park for tusker house.

Personally, I'd probably tell my family to meet at 6:45 hoping they all showed up at 7. LOL.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #1060
Cobscook
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4

Thanks for the quick and thorough response! With 14 people its a little like herding cats but I will follow your advice and start the process at 6:45!
Cobscook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #1061
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?
 
buffettgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GreatWoods parking lot.
Posts: 3,116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobscook View Post
Thanks for the quick and thorough response! With 14 people its a little like herding cats but I will follow your advice and start the process at 6:45!
It's far better to be early than late....
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #1062
WDW 3
Mouseketeer
 
WDW 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 356

SOG will have a bus to the TTC and they run a bus to AK from there. I would check that one too.
__________________
Off site 1996, Contemporary 1997
SOG 2005, 2007, 2008, POFQ 2009, SOG 2010, 2011
Disneyland Paradise Pier 3/2012, SOG 2012
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #1063
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?
 
buffettgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GreatWoods parking lot.
Posts: 3,116

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW 3 View Post
SOG will have a bus to the TTC and they run a bus to AK from there. I would check that one too.
The first TTC bus isn't until 8:30 (unless there is an EMH at MK or Epcot that morning, which there isn't)
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #1064
denneg
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobscook
Thanks for the quick and thorough response! With 14 people its a little like herding cats but I will follow your advice and start the process at 6:45!
When we were down in feb trying to get a large family to character meals, we found ourselves taking the van taxis more than once! They could fit 7-8 people each, and we're not expensive. Might be a good option for you? If not, don't stress, you will get there when you get there, and Tusker will seat you whenever you arrive!
__________________
Upcoming trips: May 2014 & September 2014

Trips with kids: October 2013 (Offsite) - May 2013 (Shades of Green) - Feb 2013 (Beach Club & AKL) - Nov 2012 (POR) - Aug 2011 (Sarasota Springs) - Aug 2010 (Boardwalk) - May 2009 (POR)

20+ trips prior to kids (including Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West & Coronado Springs)
denneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:41 AM   #1065
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?
 
buffettgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GreatWoods parking lot.
Posts: 3,116

Quote:
Originally Posted by denneg View Post
When we were down in feb trying to get a large family to character meals, we found ourselves taking the van taxis more than once! They could fit 7-8 people each, and we're not expensive. Might be a good option for you? If not, don't stress, you will get there when you get there, and Tusker will seat you whenever you arrive!
not necessarily true. Does Tusker house now have a 'late' policy where they can charge you if you're a no show (and late, is considered a no-show to them).
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: