Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #841
Pooh2
DIS Veteran

Handicapp Parking

I recall the regular parking spots in the garage were pretty small.

Does anyone know if the handicapp spots are larger? (We'll be traveling in a van on our next trip). And are there handicapp spots on each level of the garage?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #842
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2 View Post
I recall the regular parking spots in the garage were pretty small.

Does anyone know if the handicapp spots are larger? (We'll be traveling in a van on our next trip). And are there handicapp spots on each level of the garage?
I don't remember 100%, but we had no trouble parking our minivan and we were on level 3, I think.
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #843
RedPanda
Mouseketeer

Thanks very much for the help, tcp0421, stm61, and PrincessSuzanne!

RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #844
figaro2tigger
Earning My Ears

We have tickets to Universal( won in a contest) to use on our stay. Is there a shuttle service that goes from SOG to Universal? When we were at SOG a couple of years ago, someone was in the concierge office arranging this, but I didn't pay attention attention at the time.
figaro2tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #845
pam931
Earning My Ears

lots of questions

Hoping someone can help. We are being sponsored by family at Christmas and have lots of questions.

1. Our sponsors will be checking out at 7am. Flight is at 9:30am. Does that mean we need to be out at 7, too?

2. We have another family member whose flight is not until 9pm that night. What can we do to help her with her bags if we do have to be out? Or is there a way for her to keep her bags at Shades until getting a shuttle to MCO?

3. We are moving to a Disney property for 4 more days. Can bell services at Shades transfer our bags, or do we need to make other arrangements? We won't have a car, so I'm thinking cab?

4. MK will most likely have EMH every day at 7am. What's the best way to get there?

I would call Shades, but I don't know if they will talk to me and my sponsor can't deal with it right now.

Thanks,
Pam
pam931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #846
tcp0421
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam931
Hoping someone can help. We are being sponsored by family at Christmas and have lots of questions.

1. Our sponsors will be checking out at 7am. Flight is at 9:30am. Does that mean we need to be out at 7, too?

2. We have another family member whose flight is not until 9pm that night. What can we do to help her with her bags if we do have to be out? Or is there a way for her to keep her bags at Shades until getting a shuttle to MCO?

3. We are moving to a Disney property for 4 more days. Can bell services at Shades transfer our bags, or do we need to make other arrangements? We won't have a car, so I'm thinking cab?

4. MK will most likely have EMH every day at 7am. What's the best way to get there?

I would call Shades, but I don't know if they will talk to me and my sponsor can't deal with it right now.

Thanks,
Pam
Why do you think sog would not talk to you? I'm sure they will help you with the questions you have.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #847
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:

Thanks,
Pam
They should be able to answer your questions, they are always so nice. Try e-mailing them your questions if you don't want to call, they respond promptly.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #848
pam931
Earning My Ears

Thanks. I just wasn't sure they would talk to me since we aren't military and our name isn't on the reservation.

pam
pam931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #849
tcp0421
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. I just wasn't sure they would talk to me since we aren't military and our name isn't on the reservation.

pam
I'm sure they will be more then happy to help answer any questions you have.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #850
Specter
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam931 View Post

pam
My family is taking a trip over this coming New Years and we will be staying at SOG, and most of us are being sponsored for the stay. I can tell you from experience that SOG staff will be more than happy to speak to you on the phone and answer your questions.

Also, I happened to ask about a luggage transfer since my wife and I are arriving a few days before everyone else and staying at a Disney owned resort. There is not a luggage transfer service so we will be taking a cab over.

Additionally, our flight is not until about 5 in the afternoon and I have asked and been told that I can check our bags after checkout with the front desk and they will hold them until we depart, so my wife and I will get in a bit of last minute park time that morning/early afternoon before heading back to the hotel to catch our shuttle.

From one prior visit to the hotel the bus to MK comes frequently enough that you can wait for it though we have often just walked over to the nearby Polynesian resort and caught the monorail or one of their buses. Hope that helps.
Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #851
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam931 View Post

Thanks,
Pam
1) the rule is that your sponsor must be there the entire time you are there, however, they're not going to kick you out when you're checking out anyway, but they will not let you stay past check out.

2) yes shades will hold your bag until your family member's flight.

3) Bell services will not transfer bags to another hotel - it's not like going from one disney property to another. Cab is the best thing.

4) Best way to get to MK that early is to walk to Poly and take the monorail, or launch. Shades TTC bus will run early as it does for any other EMH opening, and you "MIGHT" get to opening in time, but chances are you won't. The christmas crowds are amazingly large and once you hit TTC you have to take the ferry or monorail anyway.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #852
buffettgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter View Post
My family is taking a trip over this coming New Years and we will be staying at SOG, and most of us are being sponsored for the stay. I can tell you from experience that SOG staff will be more than happy to speak to you on the phone and answer your questions.

Also, I happened to ask about a luggage transfer since my wife and I are arriving a few days before everyone else and staying at a Disney owned resort. There is not a luggage transfer service so we will be taking a cab over.

Additionally, our flight is not until about 5 in the afternoon and I have asked and been told that I can check our bags after checkout with the front desk and they will hold them until we depart, so my wife and I will get in a bit of last minute park time that morning/early afternoon before heading back to the hotel to catch our shuttle.

From one prior visit to the hotel the bus to MK comes frequently enough that you can wait for it though we have often just walked over to the nearby Polynesian resort and caught the monorail or one of their buses. Hope that helps.
Just clarifying your last point: there is no direct MK bus from SOG. The TTC bus runs every 20 minutes though.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #853
wlvsfnz
Earning My Ears

I just booked our reservations yesterday!! We will be there from Oct. 24-Nov. 3 2013. Can't wait!!

OFFSITE - 3 times
1996 - CBR
1998 - All Star Music
2003 - WL (Honeymoon)
2004 - WL (1 Yr Anv)
2008 - SOG
2010 - SOG
2011 - SOG
2013 - SOG (10 Yr Anv)
2014 - SOG
wlvsfnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #854
buffettgirl

did everyone see this yet: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/bl...Disney+Tips%29

Quote:
As of 2 November Disney has informed me that their new policy is to allow the back-to-back use of Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets.

This is of course up to your max of 6 allowable tickets during the offer, also note there are Blockout Dates when these tickets are not valid.

Disney’s New 2012-2013 Armed Forces Salute started just over a month ago on 1 October 2012.

Disney’s initial press on release 8 August did not address several key rules which had been part of previous offers so I queried my Disney contacts on these items.

Then on 1 October, once the Salute started, I discovered that there were even further inconsistencies in Disney’s implementation of the Military Salute Offer.

The major issue was the 7-day wait Disney was requiring between the use of Armed Forces Salute tickets by a single individual. This prevented the “back-to-back” use of these tickets. For example if a military member and spouse wanted to use four of their six allowed 4-day Salute tickets back-to-back for eight days of theme park fun, they couldn’t do it.

During previous Salutes, Disney’s official policy stated that a 7-day break was required but the Disney World ticketing department never implemented this rule. So many people did use their tickets back-to-back and were expecting to do so again.

The “no back-to-back policy” already caused issues during this new Salute Offer. I know of at least one MDT reader who recently went to Disney World for an 8-day vacation and ended having to purchase the more expensive 8-day Magic Your Way tickets instead of being allowed to use 2 Armed Forces Salute tickets for each of the three people in the party.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #855
minijeanie
It is a great diversion from one's hectic day

Just wanted to say that if anyone is on the cliff of whether to book a trip or not my advice is JUST DO IT!

I wasn't sure I really could afford our recent trip this past August but it was so much fun to be with my grown kids. This is our first trip since my DH passed.

Fast forward to this past week. Hurricane Sandy hit us! My sister lost her entire home and I lost the first floor of my home. We had no power for a week and I have seen more devastation then I ever want to remember. I won't be going to WDW for a long time so I am so happy to have my memories this past August.

SO Please if any of you or your families are thinking about going, please just BOOK IT! You never knows what tomorrow brings.

I will personally give a heads up to the National Guard from all over the USA, Military as well as services from every state imaginable. Your hospitality and help has been tremendous!

If anyone has clothing or personal items please donate them to the Red Cross. Temps at night here are 38 degrees and going down each night. Our people are freezing and homeless. Do I even say there is a NorEaster hitting us on Wednesday. This is just too much to bear

Thanks for letting me share!!
1996- WL
1997-WL, BWV
1999-Dxl, Dolphin
2000-BC, Disney Cruise
2001-HRH,Poly, BWV
2003-HRH, BWV
2005-CR, BWV
2005-POR
2008-CSR,Swan
2012-SOG
minijeanie is offline   Reply With Quote