Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #616
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

They do have towels by the pool, but I always take my beach towel to use as well. Love my mickey beach towel, it was one of those spend so much money get a beach towel for $10 or whatever, that they did a few years ago. That year I didn't take a beach towel and wished I did so we got that one and now take it with us every year.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #617
minijeanie
It is a great diversion from one's hectic day

thanks for towel update, one less thing I have to pack..

and again another question? can you bring your own cooler by the pool?
1996- WL
1997-WL, BWV
1999-Dxl, Dolphin
2000-BC, Disney Cruise
2001-HRH,Poly, BWV
2003-HRH, BWV
2005-CR, BWV
2005-POR
2008-CSR,Swan
2012-SOG
minijeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #618
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minijeanie View Post
thanks for towel update, one less thing I have to pack..

and again another question? can you bring your own cooler by the pool?
I've never had anyone tell me not to. We usually carry a small lunch size cooler bag from the room with a few bottles(plastic) or cans of beer. Since they actually DO sell beer at evergreens (swill..) there seems to not be a no-drinking policy and I don't recall ever seeing anything other than something saying no-glass (and even I can't remember if that is a policy).

I have had some nasty looks from some people who apparently think drinking anywhere is horrible. Especially with children around. Not really my problem.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #619
disney fanatic 2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsk8nmac
Ladies I am going stircrazy and doing my happy dance all at the same time! I leave in 4 days. It still hasnt completely hit me yet LOL! Ahhh!! I am so excited!!!
Me too...me too!!!! We will be at SoG Aug 20-28
disney fanatic 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #620
disney fanatic 2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by capegirl

We'll be arriving late afternoon, so I'm hoping our room will be ready. We managed to get the 40% discount too. Seems like they're always coming up with new deals. I called a few weeks back to add on one more day to our stay. The very next day I get an email from Shades stating that if you add on an additional day to your existing reservation, that day would be 50% off. REALLY????? Now you tell me ???? I missed that deal by 24 hours. Oh well, at least I lucked out with the 40% off.
Wow...I didn't even hear of that 50% off deal. We will be there aug 20-28 & got the 40% off. So grateful!!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:21 AM   #621
disney fanatic 2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl

You don't really HAVE a choice at night. IF the restaurant is open late that will be your only choice.

personally, I'd go to the AAFES and get something there.
Or order pizza from an outside vendor
Old 08-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #622
5kitty
Earning My Ears

We have stayed at SOG many times in the past and I have folowed this thread for quite some time. In looking at the SOG site, I see several discounts for late summer, fall, August 2013 and December and January specials for Jr. Enlisted. We currently have reservations for a Disney resort (which was booked with a "pin code") for late November/early December. Do you think SOG could possibly put out a "special" for late November/early December other than the Jr. Enlisted or is it typically just one "special" at a time? Thanks so much.
5kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #623
minijeanie
It is a great diversion from one's hectic day

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
I've never had anyone tell me not to. We usually carry a small lunch size cooler bag from the room with a few bottles(plastic) or cans of beer. Since they actually DO sell beer at evergreens (swill..) there seems to not be a no-drinking policy and I don't recall ever seeing anything other than something saying no-glass (and even I can't remember if that is a policy).

I have had some nasty looks from some people who apparently think drinking anywhere is horrible. Especially with children around. Not really my problem.

HAHA - I guess they will be cursing at me!!! I want to bring bottled water and soda to the pool as well. Is there beer really that bad??
1996- WL
1997-WL, BWV
1999-Dxl, Dolphin
2000-BC, Disney Cruise
2001-HRH,Poly, BWV
2003-HRH, BWV
2005-CR, BWV
2005-POR
2008-CSR,Swan
2012-SOG
minijeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #624
Nomad70
Mouseketeer

My husband and I will at Shades in 22 days!!! It was the best deal for us this trip. I love the location and it really is a beautiful resort. But, as for this fall/winter, I was hoping they would have a good deal for dd and I in December. Unfortunately its only for jr enlisted (don't get me wrong, I think that is awesome for them). We were going to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, but there were no military rate rooms left, or any actually. So, we opted to do Pop Century w/ the the Disney Dining plan.

I am so ready for this vacation!!

New DVC Members as of September 2012!!! WOOHOO!
Nomad70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #625
buffettgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by minijeanie View Post
HAHA - I guess they will be cursing at me!!! I want to bring bottled water and soda to the pool as well. Is there beer really that bad??
the draft beer from evergreens is swill. It can't even be considered beer.

at the quiet pool (Magnolia) you can get bottled beer.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #626
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney fanatic 2 View Post
Me too...me too!!!! We will be at SoG Aug 20-28
YAY!!! Maybe we will see you there!
Old 08-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #627
buffettgirl

I need someone to help me talk myself out of this (but this might be like asking crack addicts to stop me from using crack lol ) but here goes...

we arrive Tuesday at 10:00 at MCO. Pick up rental, make a brief pit stop to pick up water and snacks, check in at SOG(but assume room is not going to be ready). We have ADRs at 6 at Grand Floridian for the cinderella character meal. We do need to activate our tickets at some point.

We're only there until the following monday. So 4 park days, 1 water park day. Monday will be a late breakfast, check out, DTD, lunch, airport for 7pm flight.

Would it really make ANY sense at all to waste $81 (or whatever it is) for 4 one day tickets JUST so we could go the MK for a few hours in the afternoon and then a few hours after dinner. Someone tell me it's stupid.

Go ahead.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #628
Nomad70
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't. COuldn't you just go to a water park instead? Are you using the 4 day Salute tickets? It would be cheaper to add that onto the park hopper Salute ticket and just go to a water park for a second day instead. DH and I are going to the parks (salute hopper)for 4 days and adding the Water parks and more and going to the water parks for 3 days. We are also heading over to Busch Gardens in Tampa one day, using the free pass. Of course you could also do SeaWOrld.

New DVC Members as of September 2012!!! WOOHOO!
Nomad70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #629
buffettgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad70 View Post
I wouldn't. COuldn't you just go to a water park instead? Are you using the 4 day Salute tickets? It would be cheaper to add that onto the park hopper Salute ticket and just go to a water park for a second day instead. DH and I are going to the parks (salute hopper)for 4 days and adding the Water parks and more and going to the water parks for 3 days. We are also heading over to Busch Gardens in Tampa one day, using the free pass. Of course you could also do SeaWOrld.
we actually have 2 days of WP left over from last year.

and yes. that sounds better to me.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #630
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emksmama View Post
Angel16, sorry I just saw your question. Our group ranged from late 60s to my 8 & 9 yr old DD's and we all ate well at garden Grill. Good salad bar, one night was make your own pizza for the kids, another night was prime rib, another was a huge roast turkey. Usually 2-3 main entree selections (and my picky mom appreciated that one was usually a broiled fish choice), plenty of sides, and a dessert selection. For 13.95/adult it was very reasonable!
Thank you, if we end up there one night I feel better about it. I agree the price is reasonable. Sounds much better then our meal at Magino's on our last visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney fanatic 2 View Post
Or order pizza from an outside vendor
Good idea I imagine SOG allows us to do that? Do you meet them in the lobby for pick up? Anyone have done this lately?

We also got the 50% off SOG deal. It is an amazing offer. They always seem to have a special either going on or coming up.

Angel16

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: