Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #436
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
Thanks Suzanne.

We'll probably not need to drive to MK since we're right there anyway, but I was thinking of possibly driving to AK or HS as we tend to do short park days there and the timing of buses can be a challenge and we only have a few days this trip so we're trying to maximize what we can.

The same with the water parks and DTD. Sometimes it just seems such a hassle to get a bus if you're there at the wrong time and you really just want to leave...now. LOL. And we have a really early arrival and a really late departure so I think it will just easier to have a car this time so that we can take advantage of that time without being tied to a random schedule based on the car service.

So thanks!
I know exactly what you mean. We do this sometimes, too, even from the Disney resorts. Be cautious of DTD though, it gets really busy in the evening and parking can be hard to find.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #437
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Just a suggestion.

AK & HS run busses to the TTC and they run more often than the SOG bus. We've used those to our advantage rather than wait around. HS bus is right next to SOG and AK is a couple behind at the TTC.
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #438
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW 3 View Post
Just a suggestion.

AK & HS run busses to the TTC and they run more often than the SOG bus. We've used those to our advantage rather than wait around. HS bus is right next to SOG and AK is a couple behind at the TTC.
yes. That's a good point (and we've done the same).
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #439
emksmama
Mouseketeer

About to lose my mind with excitement....four more sleeps and we are on the road!!! Hoping to arrive at SOG by about 2ish Sunday afternoon.

Quick question...if my dad (military retiree, ressies in his name) isn't there when we arrive, can we even park in the garage or use the pool? I'm betting no, so I'm wondering if we need to adjust our departure time. It's pretty fluid right now, as my parents will be in Gainesville GA and leaving there "somewhere around 7-8am Sunday" to head for Orlando, so I'm guessing they won't arrive until 3ish? We were hoping to arrive about 2, I know check in isn't until 3 but that would give us a bit of relaxing time by the pool first...but if they won't let us even use the pool or anything, then we may leave later Saturday night. After driving all night, I know DH would NOT be happy to sit in that van one more minute longer than he needs to.

1984 & 1986 with parents, no clue where we stayed but they were both off property
July 2012 Shades of Green 3 generations of FUN
October 20-24, 2014 POP & MNSSHP
emksmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #440
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by emksmama View Post
About to lose my mind with excitement....four more sleeps and we are on the road!!! Hoping to arrive at SOG by about 2ish Sunday afternoon.

Quick question...if my dad (military retiree, ressies in his name) isn't there when we arrive, can we even park in the garage or use the pool? I'm betting no, so I'm wondering if we need to adjust our departure time. It's pretty fluid right now, as my parents will be in Gainesville GA and leaving there "somewhere around 7-8am Sunday" to head for Orlando, so I'm guessing they won't arrive until 3ish? We were hoping to arrive about 2, I know check in isn't until 3 but that would give us a bit of relaxing time by the pool first...but if they won't let us even use the pool or anything, then we may leave later Saturday night. After driving all night, I know DH would NOT be happy to sit in that van one more minute longer than he needs to.
Since you are staying there, I wouldn't think it would be a problem to go park and sit in the lobby. I don't know about checking in though. We were just going over htere one time to pick up tickets and they let us in, no problem.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #441
jusero
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Should be no problem parking. Just give your dad's name when you go in the front gate. As for checking in, you don't have to wait until 3. Ask when you get there if your rooms are ready. Not sure if your dad needs to be there for check in, though. I have heard both yes you can and no you can't. Can't hurt to ask. And I don't see a problem with using the pools either. You can change in the lobby rest rooms and hit the pools. Whatever you end up doing ... have an absolute blast!!!

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

jusero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #442
emksmama
Mouseketeer

yay!! Dad said he was told that he has to be there since everything is in his name, but even if we can just wander around air conditioning, checking it all out, I'll be happy. Mom told me yesterday that she & Dad want us to eat breakfast and any other meals there at SOG and just charge them to the room, so that'll lighten my load a bit as far as not packing breakfast stuff!

1984 & 1986 with parents, no clue where we stayed but they were both off property
July 2012 Shades of Green 3 generations of FUN
October 20-24, 2014 POP & MNSSHP
emksmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #443
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

Quote:

You might want to check with shades regarding this. We are flying down and my parents are driving. Theres a chance they wont be there for check in, but arriving w/in a few hours of us. He told shades this and they emailed him a paper for us that allows us to check into our room if he isnt there yet. It's our reservation confirmation for our room only.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #444
jce2
Mouseketeer

Cool Jr. Suite Locations in SoG?

Booked our reservation for June 2013 last week and then this week upgraded to a Jr. Suite. I was able to locate the resort room map, now my question is what are the room numbers for the Jr. Suites? Are they all located in the "new" wing? On the map all the rooms in the old wing look to be the same size but there are "angled" rooms in the new wing that look larger. Are there any Jr. Suites near pools? Next year is my 25th anniversary and I am trying to do all I can to make this my wife's best disney trip ever. Last time we were there the kids were 9 and 7. Now they will be 21 and 19 (Hence the Jr. Suite!)
Thanks!
Chris
jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #445
jce2
Mouseketeer

Now if I cold just figure out how to make the ticker work....

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

Old 07-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #446
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce2 View Post
Now if I cold just figure out how to make the ticker work....
[IMG] http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...tolwen2lem.png [/IMG]

copy and paste that into your signature section of your user CP but take out the spaces between the brackets and the URL
Old 07-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #447
jce2
Mouseketeer

Got it to work! Thanks!

DL 1997, 1999

Old 07-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #448
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jce2 View Post
Booked our reservation for June 2013 last week and then this week upgraded to a Jr. Suite. I was able to locate the resort room map, now my question is what are the room numbers for the Jr. Suites? Are they all located in the "new" wing? On the map all the rooms in the old wing look to be the same size but there are "angled" rooms in the new wing that look larger. Are there any Jr. Suites near pools? Next year is my 25th anniversary and I am trying to do all I can to make this my wife's best disney trip ever. Last time we were there the kids were 9 and 7. Now they will be 21 and 19 (Hence the Jr. Suite!)
Thanks!
Chris
I was under the impression that the angled ones were the handicapped accessible rooms. I think I saw they were bigger and asked for one of those and that was the answer. Pretty sure a suite is 147 & 148 in the new wing. you can see how they have an extra entry area.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #449
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Room 121 (third floor) of the old wing looks huge.
I was wrong. The wedge shaped room 5115 and the 4 below are suites.
121 is the only suite in the old wing.
I called and asked. At first he said he couldn't give room numbers???
I'm not asking who's in them just asking which room numbers ae the suites.
After asking his manager I guess it was ok to share.

Last edited by WDW 3; 07-17-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #450
jce2
Mouseketeer

According to the SoG web site there are 5 junior suites and 6 larger suites, but I sure can't find them on the map.

DL 1997, 1999

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: