Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #406
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

If you don't want to be by the pool but want to be close to the lobby, request 2nd floor of the Palm wing. And if you want to be more specific you can ask for rooms 2101 - 2106. It is straight through and the same level as the lobby. These are our favorites.
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #407
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minijeanie View Post
lilsk8nmac - My DS is in the Army Reserves. Wow it is already July - see we are really in countdown mode. It is so darn hot in NJ as I believe it is all ove the east coast. I guess then I will be prepared for FL weather in

JudyAL - Your in August too!! We are going the 19th? what's your dates? Ihave never stayed in SOG but we requested 3 rooms. One for me, DD and my neice, (they are both 22), one for my son (21) and his friend, and one for my friends. I am sure I could of squeezed all of us in two rooms but at the great price it is so not worth it.

I have been torn which section to stay in as well but I am going to end up requesting what is closer to the lobby which I hope is not by pool. lol
I will have to take a look at the map Jusero put up for all of us. It really shows the whole lay of the land..
My DBF and I have been saying the same thing about the weather, we are in PA. It is ridiculously hot here, supposed to hit 102 on Saturday here. We keep saying "well at least we will be prepared for FL in AUG! LOL" Although, I was there once before in August and it's a different kind of heat/hot. So we'll see

As far as rooms go, I love the Palm wing. We try to stay on the 2nd floor so it is on the same floor as the lobby.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #408
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsk8nmac View Post
My DBF and I have been saying the same thing about the weather, we are in PA. It is ridiculously hot here, supposed to hit 102 on Saturday here. We keep saying "well at least we will be prepared for FL in AUG! LOL" Although, I was there once before in August and it's a different kind of heat/hot. So we'll see

As far as rooms go, I love the Palm wing. We try to stay on the 2nd floor so it is on the same floor as the lobby.
that's why we always go in the summer. It's hot and humid here in MA - mid 90's, nasty, gross. I figure mid 90's in WDW beats being at home. It's more humid, but it's still hot.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #409
emksmama
Mouseketeer

It's miserable here in central Indiana, hitting 100+ today and the next several days. Yuck.

1984 & 1986 with parents, no clue where we stayed but they were both off property
July 2012 Shades of Green 3 generations of FUN
October 20-24, 2014 POP & MNSSHP
emksmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #410
lilsk8nmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
that's why we always go in the summer. It's hot and humid here in MA - mid 90's, nasty, gross. I figure mid 90's in WDW beats being at home. It's more humid, but it's still hot.
Exactly!! I'd choose to be in WDW dealing with the heat anyday over being here.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #411
lilsk8nmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by emksmama View Post
It's miserable here in central Indiana, hitting 100+ today and the next several days. Yuck.
It's really sad that it has been hotter in many places way north of FL than it has there. I have this weather gadget on my desktop and I have the temp here and the temp in WDW on there and OMG it has been sometimes this week 97 here and 78 there lol. I keep saying to my DBF...you know it's hot when it's hotter than FLORIDA this time of year.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #412
buffettgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsk8nmac View Post
It's really sad that it has been hotter in many places way north of FL than it has there. I have this weather gadget on my desktop and I have the temp here and the temp in WDW on there and OMG it has been sometimes this week 97 here and 78 there lol. I keep saying to my DBF...you know it's hot when it's hotter than FLORIDA this time of year.
same here. It's been same humidity here as there this week. Gross.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #413
emksmama
Mouseketeer

We're hovering around 100 here in central Indiana, and last I checked, WDW was about 10 degrees cooler.

After reading the brouhaha that is the ".69 cent breakfast" thread, I didn't dare ask this there...but are there toasters available at Shades? I'll happily bring my own loaf of bread and jar of PB, but I'd love the option to toast bread or bagels for a quick breakfast on the run each morning.

1984 & 1986 with parents, no clue where we stayed but they were both off property
July 2012 Shades of Green 3 generations of FUN
October 20-24, 2014 POP & MNSSHP
emksmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #414
buffettgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by emksmama View Post
We're hovering around 100 here in central Indiana, and last I checked, WDW was about 10 degrees cooler.

After reading the brouhaha that is the ".69 cent breakfast" thread, I didn't dare ask this there...but are there toasters available at Shades? I'll happily bring my own loaf of bread and jar of PB, but I'd love the option to toast bread or bagels for a quick breakfast on the run each morning.
unfortunately no. No toasters in room and no microwaves in room. Microwave in the laundry room though. We tend to either grab something from express cafe OR if we've planned well, we have a bag of bagels (non-toasted) or boxed cereal. And fruit or yogurt etc.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #415
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

I think with all the rain that WDW has had and the TS/hurricane that went through last week has kept the temps down at WDW. We are in Alabama and hit record highs of 106 and 109 on Friday and Saturday. It has been a little better this week, but still much hotter than it was earlier in June. I can hardly wait for the end of August...lol
Old 07-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #416
smile5sunshine
Think of the happiest thing, it's the same as having wings!

Laundry Rates?

Hi, sorry for asking such a silly question, but I can't seem to find the answer here so far.

Can someone please tell me the current prices for the laundry facilities?

Thanks so much! looking forward to my stay in one month!

Sunshine
smile5sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #417
JudyAL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW 3 View Post
If you don't want to be by the pool but want to be close to the lobby, request 2nd floor of the Palm wing. And if you want to be more specific you can ask for rooms 2101 - 2106. It is straight through and the same level as the lobby. These are our favorites.
We don't mind being by the pool at all. Didn't use it last year but may do so this August. Are the rooms on the Palm side the same size as the ones on the Magnolia side? I'm more interested in being comfortable and not bumping into anyone when turning around in the room and being on lobby level so we don't have to deal with elevators.

Dec 2001The Contemporary, Mar 2002Hilton Head, Oct 2002Grand Californian, Feb 2003Wilderness Lodge Villas, Aug 2011Shades of Green, Aug 2012Shades of Green, Aug 2013Shades of Green, Jul 2014Shades of Green and Wilderness Lodge Villas
JudyAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #418
jaz0308
Mouseketeer

ticket voucher question

Hi! We just got our form through email to order our park passes. From what I understand, they will be available upon check in. I believe we have to go to activate them at guest services at one of the parks or downtown disney, is that right? Also, can we activate them the day BEFORE we are going to go the parks so that we don't have to waste time when we are trying to make rope drop? Thanks for any advice you may have!
jaz0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #419
jaz0308
Mouseketeer

kiddie pool and driving question

Does anyone know if there is an actual kiddie pool at SOG? Looking for my two non-swimming little ones to get some water fun!

Also, we will have a car for one day in which we will be driving to hollywood studios. They open at 9 that day. Can anyone give me an idea of what time we should leave SOG to get there, park and be in position for rope drop?

thanks again for all your help!
jaz0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #420
lilsk8nmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0308 View Post
Hi! We just got our form through email to order our park passes. From what I understand, they will be available upon check in. I believe we have to go to activate them at guest services at one of the parks or downtown disney, is that right? Also, can we activate them the day BEFORE we are going to go the parks so that we don't have to waste time when we are trying to make rope drop? Thanks for any advice you may have!
You activate them at guest relations before you enter the first park are going to on the first day. I'm not aware that there is somewhere in DTD to activate them.

There is a kiddie pool next to the millpond pool.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: