Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #376
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!

Thanks so much for all the replies about SOG food. We have never noticed the golf course snack bar either!! Our son begged us to stay at SOG this next trip just for the express cafe...he remembers how awesome the muffins were. Please tell me that the coffee stand is still at SOG
mom2jcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #377
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
Where is this elusive golf course snack bar? I've been to SOG several times and somehow have never seen this location. Is it near the golf course changing rooms/restrooms across the little pathway by the quite pool? Have I been in the general area and just never noticed it? Crazy...

I'v never tried the express cafe but I have heard that everyone there is really nice. It's just very limited on the hours it's open. It's open in the mornings when we leave for the parks, but we never stop because we usually bring breakfast foods and we eat quickly in the room before we head out. And when we come back from the parks (mid-day or at night) it's of course already closed. I might have to make a point to stop by there one morning to see how the variety is, it's just that breakfast is the easiest thing to eat in your room so I never think about going down there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcc View Post
Thanks so much for all the replies about SOG food. We have never noticed the golf course snack bar either!! Our son begged us to stay at SOG this next trip just for the express cafe...he remembers how awesome the muffins were. Please tell me that the coffee stand is still at SOG
When we were last there, the starbucks stand was still there (last year)

The muffins at express ARE really good. Usually dh goes for a run in the early morning and then stops and grabs us juice/milk/yogurt/fruit/muffins for breakfast and we all eat while getting ready.

Ok, so to find the golf course snack bar, you have to go to the quiet pool and then look for the area that looks like the back of a utility shed, as I recall, we had to walk around tables and chairs. But it's not a shed. It's the back of the snack bar. The snack stand faces out onto the golf course. We had seen it mentioned on the map every time we were there but it was only on our last trip that we actually went to hunt it down.

Both that snack bar and the express cafe are leased spots. They're not operated by SOG. So I feel strongly that it's important to utilize their services since it's the only decent food there.

Also, for those who care, you can get bottled beer at the snack bar, not draft swill like you can at evergreens.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #378
ibelieveinmagic
Mouseketeer

does anyone know how you pre -order park tickets to pick up when you check in? is there a link for this? thanks!
ibelieveinmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #379
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelieveinmagic View Post
does anyone know how you pre -order park tickets to pick up when you check in? is there a link for this? thanks!
They email you directly with a form a couple weeks before your check-in date. Worked like a charm
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #380
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

"Ok, so to find the golf course snack bar, you have to go to the quiet pool and then look for the area that looks like the back of a utility shed, as I recall, we had to walk around tables and chairs. But it's not a shed. It's the back of the snack bar. The snack stand faces out onto the golf course. We had seen it mentioned on the map every time we were there but it was only on our last trip that we actually went to hunt it down. "

It's on the map?!? Oh... pool/grill right behind the hot tub?
Old 06-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #381
buffettgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW 3 View Post
"Ok, so to find the golf course snack bar, you have to go to the quiet pool and then look for the area that looks like the back of a utility shed, as I recall, we had to walk around tables and chairs. But it's not a shed. It's the back of the snack bar. The snack stand faces out onto the golf course. We had seen it mentioned on the map every time we were there but it was only on our last trip that we actually went to hunt it down. "

It's on the map?!? Oh... pool/grill right behind the hot tub?
yep. That's the one. It's just very visible.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #382
Nomad70
Mouseketeer

Buffettgirl, you mentioned your dh goes for a run in the am at SOG, where does he run? Is there a trail or does he just run along the pathways? DH and I are very early risers and usually are out around 530 for our morning run. We'd like to do this when we are there in September so we, or I, don't mess up my routine. lol

New DVC Members as of September 2012!!! WOOHOO!
Nomad70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #383
buffettgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad70 View Post
Buffettgirl, you mentioned your dh goes for a run in the am at SOG, where does he run? Is there a trail or does he just run along the pathways? DH and I are very early risers and usually are out around 530 for our morning run. We'd like to do this when we are there in September so we, or I, don't mess up my routine. lol
He generally runs one loop around Shades and then out the driveway and follows the Poly running loop. If he wants to extend, he extends that loop towards TTC on one side, and then runs towards GF and the wedding chapel on the other side.

http://allears.net/btp/running.htm
Old 06-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #384
jusero
DIS Veteran

Chapter six of my silly TR is finally up. Sorry it took so long!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

jusero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #385
Nomad70
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
He generally runs one loop around Shades and then out the driveway and follows the Poly running loop. If he wants to extend, he extends that loop towards TTC on one side, and then runs towards GF and the wedding chapel on the other side.

http://allears.net/btp/running.htm

Thank!

Old 07-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #386
Nomad70
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
Chapter six of my silly TR is finally up. Sorry it took so long!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
Thanks! You are so funny, and you guys driving out trying to find something to eat sounds like dh and me. Must be a man thing. lol

Old 07-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #387
emksmama
Mouseketeer

We've not stayed multiple days at a resort before on vacation, so tipping housekeeping hasn't been a regular part of our vacation budget. What's the recommended daily tip for SoG? Do you leave cash each day? This just occurred to me and I wondered how to handle it.

1984 & 1986 with parents, no clue where we stayed but they were both off property
July 2012 Shades of Green 3 generations of FUN
October 20-24, 2014 POP & MNSSHP
emksmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #388
Tankcdr
Earning My Ears

Tipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by emksmama View Post
We've not stayed multiple days at a resort before on vacation, so tipping housekeeping hasn't been a regular part of our vacation budget. What's the recommended daily tip for SoG? Do you leave cash each day? This just occurred to me and I wondered how to handle it.
I either leave a couple bucks each day or ten or twenty the day I leave.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #389
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

We usually forget to tip each day and end up leaving one on the last day. Some folks recommend tipping every day so that the specific housekeeper (mousekeeper) gets the tip. I've seen posts elsewhere where envelopes are decorated for each day of the trip to be left for the housekeeper. Your princesses might like the project. Just google mousekeeping tip envelopes and there are lots of pictures. Some real elaborate. WOW!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #390
emksmama
Mouseketeer

awesome, thanks! I like the idea of individual envelopes for each morning we are there, and the girls would LOVE decorating them.

1984 & 1986 with parents, no clue where we stayed but they were both off property
July 2012 Shades of Green 3 generations of FUN
October 20-24, 2014 POP & MNSSHP
emksmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: