Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #361
robin19871
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
What is the earliest that anyone has arrived and had their room ready once they got there?
We arrived at 10:30 a.m. after our Disney Dream cruise and our room was ready.. (And this was during Easter week so it can be done.)
robin19871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #362
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
We are coming from the west coast and always take the red eye, so we get into Orlando at like 6:30 in the morning. I'm just trying to figure out how much time we need to realistically kill before I try to check in. I'm thinking it will be a water park day, I just hope the weather is decent so that plan doesn't fall through.
We drive all night and usually arrive at WDW around 6:30 to 7:30am and I always check in, even iif the room isn't ready, they will text you when it is, even at SoG, that way we are on the list earlier than someone that checks in later in the day. I wish I could remember what time our room was ready when we stayed there last year.
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #363
jusero
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the MNSSHP on non-Halloween days and the one held on the actual day of Halloween? I am trying to convince a friend not to limit herself to going on Halloween day because of the crowd levels, but she is convinced it is different and worth braving the crowds. Since this is her very first trip to Disney, I think she should go in early Oct. when the crowds are lighter and she is can see/do more. Thanks in advance!

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

jusero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #364
Nomad70
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the MNSSHP on non-Halloween days and the one held on the actual day of Halloween? I am trying to convince a friend not to limit herself to going on Halloween day because of the crowd levels, but she is convinced it is different and worth braving the crowds. Since this is her very first trip to Disney, I think she should go in early Oct. when the crowds are lighter and she is can see/do more. Thanks in advance!
We went on Halloween night in '06 and had a blast! Crowds were not too bad really (for Disney Standards) and there were no lines for candy that I recall. We also didn't have to wait in lines for rides. I can't compare it to any other night since we have only gone that one time. However, DH and I are going on the first night, September 11 this year!

New DVC Members as of September 2012!!! WOOHOO!
Nomad70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #365
minijeanie
It is a great diversion from one's hectic day

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsk8nmac View Post
Ok!! are you going as stir-crazy as I am right now waiting for the trip to be here already? LOL
YEAH.. but I love the anticipation of it all and trying to plan it out. And as we all know it never goes as planned. This trip kinda bittersweet for me as it will be the first time our family has been back since my DH passed. Also, my DS is expected to be deployed in late September so as much as I am looking forward to it, It will be closer to his deployment day.
BUT that being said.. I can't wait to GO AWAY and just be in total BLISS

DIsney has the ability to make us all happy!
1996- WL
1997-WL, BWV
1999-Dxl, Dolphin
2000-BC, Disney Cruise
2001-HRH,Poly, BWV
2003-HRH, BWV
2005-CR, BWV
2005-POR
2008-CSR,Swan
2012-SOG
minijeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #366
bellemeeko1
Shades of Green our home away from home

All the times we have stayed at Shades, only once was our room not ready and we always take the earliest flight in, so we arrive usually around 9/930AM. We just always pack our bathing suits in our carry-ons so if the room isn't ready we hand our luggage over and grab a bite to eat and enjoy the pools or head to DTD.

Shades of Green 94,96,98,2000,2004,2006,2007,2008,2008,2009,2010,2 0100,2011,2012

2002CR 2009CBR 2011WL 2013 FW

bellemeeko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #367
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellemeeko1 View Post
All the times we have stayed at Shades, only once was our room not ready and we always take the earliest flight in, so we arrive usually around 9/930AM. We just always pack our bathing suits in our carry-ons so if the room isn't ready we hand our luggage over and grab a bite to eat and enjoy the pools or head to DTD.
WOW that's awesome. We always try take the earliest flight and that gets us there around noon. When all the stars align and we've arrived prior to check-in our room has been available only twice. But we change in the bathroom (yay) check our bags and head out.
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #368
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
I don't know about in October, but there are some discounted nights in September, especially for the military and there are some nights that are discounted for regular admission in October, those are more non-peak nights.

We have only been in September and the crowds weren't bad at all. I wouldn't, personally, go on Halloween night, but that's just me.

MNSSHP is THE BEST party that Disney does and the parade is THE BEST parade they do.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #369
mom2jcc
Castle Suite Memories Forever!

Current restaurant reviews please

We will be staying at SOG in February and haven't been there in a few years. I am looking for some reviews of Magino's, Evergreens and Garden Gallery. Also, how is the breakfast buffet these days? Thanks!!
mom2jcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #370
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Last December IMO..........
Evergreens isn't worth the walk. Canned squirt cheese with chips for nachos. It seems like it would be so easy to step it up and have a really nice little sports bar. It was really nice several years ago.

The one night we were going to give Mangino's a try.. it was closed.

Garden Gallery breakfast buffet is good. The made to order omlettes are yummy and they always seem to have a good selection of fresh fruit.
Dinner is hit or miss. In my opinion Mexican was blah and it all tasted the same. They have a different theme each night. One trip we had free buffets (breakfast and dinner) so we tried to take advantage of a few.

As a rule though we try to not eat at the resort. Too many other places to explore and try.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #371
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW 3 View Post
Evergreens isn't worth the walk. Canned squirt cheese with chips for nachos. It seems like it would be so easy to step it up and have a really nice little sports bar. It was really nice several years ago.

Garden Gallery breakfast buffet is good. The made to order omlettes are yummy and they always seem to have a good selection of fresh fruit.
Dinner is hit or miss. In my opinion Mexican was blah and it all tasted the same. They have a different theme each night. One trip we had free buffets (breakfast and dinner) so we tried to take advantage of a few.

As a rule though we try to not eat at the resort. Too many other places to explore and try.
ditto all of this.

I do think the express cafe by the bus and the golf course snack bar (by the quiet pool) have good food. Golf course location is open a bit later and you can get a decent sausage or sandwich. Express Cafe by the bus is good for grabbing coffee/muffins etc. Plus, the people who own it (lease the location) are just super super super nice. One year we were there for a longer trip - maybe 10 days - and they picked up the type of yogurt that DS liked after we mentioned a certain flavor - and held it for him every morning.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #372
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

We are going to have to find that golf course snack bar. You've made it sound pretty good in your posts I alway forget about the Express Cafe. We've never stopped there. "Just passin through".
Old 06-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #373
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
We are going to have to find that golf course snack bar. You've made it sound pretty good in your posts I alway forget about the Express Cafe. We've never stopped there. "Just passin through".
I know. LOL. The only decent food at SOG leaves an impression. haahahah
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #374
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
I know. LOL. The only decent food at SOG leaves an impression. haahahah
Where is this elusive golf course snack bar? I've been to SOG several times and somehow have never seen this location. Is it near the golf course changing rooms/restrooms across the little pathway by the quite pool? Have I been in the general area and just never noticed it? Crazy...

I'v never tried the express cafe but I have heard that everyone there is really nice. It's just very limited on the hours it's open. It's open in the mornings when we leave for the parks, but we never stop because we usually bring breakfast foods and we eat quickly in the room before we head out. And when we come back from the parks (mid-day or at night) it's of course already closed. I might have to make a point to stop by there one morning to see how the variety is, it's just that breakfast is the easiest thing to eat in your room so I never think about going down there.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #375
Nomad70
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yeah, I recall Evergreens (in '06) wasn't very good at all. Very poor bar food. Mangino's wasn't open the whole 10 days we were there, at least not that we noticed. We had breakfast at the Garden Gallery twice I think and it was ok, nothing special. We did order pizza a couple of times and it was pretty good that I remember. But, being 6 years ago things (cooks) change and I don't know what to expect. I think we are going to stick to breakfast in the room and lunch and dinner in the parks.

New DVC Members as of September 2012!!! WOOHOO!
Nomad70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: