Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2014, 06:36 AM   #2056
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMastalski View Post
Hi! I just cancelled a few days at SOG this afternoon, we cut down our trip to split stay somewhere else, not sure when you were trying to book, but I just cancelled for 9/20-9/23 and then 9/29-10/1. Hope maybe this helps!
Thanks so much...but unfortunately those dates are bookends to the ones I need. The date that I am having a hard time getting is actually Sept. 25th! So for now I have two reservations...for an ADA room Sept. 24th and 25th and then a regular 2Q room for the remaining nights. I did call and put them on a hold list for the other two nights for a regular room. Anybody done that before? I was told they would call if it came through, and of course I continue to keep checking myself.

The past:*Sep '14: SOG*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
kittylady1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #2057
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Thanks so much...but unfortunately those dates are bookends to the ones I need. The date that I am having a hard time getting is actually Sept. 25th! So for now I have two reservations...for an ADA room Sept. 24th and 25th and then a regular 2Q room for the remaining nights. I did call and put them on a hold list for the other two nights for a regular room. Anybody done that before? I was told they would call if it came through, and of course I continue to keep checking myself.
Interesting. Nope never done and honestly as with any hotel, I wouldn't rely on them and like you I would keep checking myself
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #2058
ryggmom
Earning My Ears

split stay questions

New poster, WDW planning vet--

This is our 4th trip to the World, but first time staying at SOG. We are doing a split stay YC/SOG/Universal.

Using ME to get to YC. Is the best way to check in to SOG to have DH taxi with luggage from YC to SOG? Or do we all need to be there for early check in? Can he leave the bags at SOG with Bell Services?

Going from SOG to Universal (planning to stay onsite there)--Will a van sized taxi fit a family of 5 plus luggage? Is this the cheapest way to go, or should we plan to rent a minivan for that part of our vacation?

TIA

June 2015 YC/SOG/Uni.
June 2012 OKW
December 2008 WL
October 2006 OKW
ryggmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:31 PM   #2059
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryggmom View Post
New poster, WDW planning vet-- This is our 4th trip to the World, but first time staying at SOG. We are doing a split stay YC/SOG/Universal. Using ME to get to YC. Is the best way to check in to SOG to have DH taxi with luggage from YC to SOG? Or do we all need to be there for early check in? Can he leave the bags at SOG with Bell Services? Going from SOG to Universal (planning to stay onsite there)--Will a van sized taxi fit a family of 5 plus luggage? Is this the cheapest way to go, or should we plan to rent a minivan for that part of our vacation? TIA
The YC should be able to transfer your bags to SOG and bell services will store them for your arrival at SOG. So you could go to a park and go to SOG later on check in day. Yes you can also preregistrater early at SOG and bell services can store your bags till you get back after heading out to a park from SOG. It's up to you. Not sure about a taxi it depends on how much luggage you have.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #2060
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post
The YC should be able to transfer your bags to SOG and bell services will store them for your arrival at SOG. So you could go to a park and go to SOG later on check in day. Yes you can also preregistrater early at SOG and bell services can store your bags till you get back after heading out to a park from SOG. It's up to you. Not sure about a taxi it depends on how much luggage you have.

I am pretty sure that Disney WILL NOT transfer the luggage from a Disney owned resort. We had to taxi over to CSR years ago when we did a split stay...SOG first. You should probably call about that but I am pretty sure the answer will be that they don't. You could have YC store it for you then you can catch a taxi over later in the day to SOG.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #2061
nanceliz
DIS Veteran

taxi to universal?

Hello, I know SOG offers a shuttle to Universal but does anyone know how much it would cost to take a taxi there? Thank you!
Old 07-25-2014, 09:29 PM   #2062
ryggmom
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys!

I was pretty sure YC would not transport luggage for us, but that would have been perfect .

I guess I'm asking if the kids and I can head to a park (likely waterpark or Disney Quest) the morning we check out of YC while DH takes a taxi to SOG to check in there? Then he would meet us at the parks, and we would have our room ready later in the afternoon/evening? Does that make sense?

June 2015 YC/SOG/Uni.
June 2012 OKW
December 2008 WL
October 2006 OKW
Old 07-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #2063
edk35
DIS Veteran

This is from the SOG website:

Universal Studios - Shuttle transportation is available from Shades of Green to Universal Orlando Resort for a nominal round trip fee of $ 10.00 per adult and $ 5.00 per child. Under 4 is free. Advanced reservations are required

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #2064
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Thanks guys!

I was pretty sure YC would not transport luggage for us, but that would have been perfect .

I guess I'm asking if the kids and I can head to a park (likely waterpark or Disney Quest) the morning we check out of YC while DH takes a taxi to SOG to check in there? Then he would meet us at the parks, and we would have our room ready later in the afternoon/evening? Does that make sense?
Who is the service member, you or DH? You don't need to all be present at check in, just the service member. So if it is DH, then your scenario would work fine. Just send him to do the check in.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #2065
denneg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post

Who is the service member, you or DH? You don't need to all be present at check in, just the service member. So if it is DH, then your scenario would work fine. Just send him to do the check in.
I've actually checked in many times without DH, and never had a problem! Doesn't relate to this question, but just want to throw it out there in case anyone else is worried! I have my dependent ID and have never had a problem checking in. Thank goodness, since he's rarely able to make the whole trip (if at all) with us!
denneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:57 PM   #2066
ryggmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by denneg View Post
I've actually checked in many times without DH, and never had a problem! Doesn't relate to this question, but just want to throw it out there in case anyone else is worried! I have my dependent ID and have never had a problem checking in. Thank goodness, since he's rarely able to make the whole trip (if at all) with us!
Our last trip was the same way--DH made it for the last 4 days of our 12 day trip. We didn't stay at SOG that trip, but I did visit twice to pick up tickets for Disney and Universal, so I wouldn't think checking in would be different with my ID.

So looking at taxi for check in day, and likely renting a car when we move to Uni. for our last few days. Anyone rented onsite at SOG? I remember the rental car desk in the lobby. Or is it cheaper to go to CCC to rent? I really miss the days when we were stationed within driving distance

June 2015 YC/SOG/Uni.
June 2012 OKW
December 2008 WL
October 2006 OKW
Old 07-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #2067
denneg
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Our last trip was the same way--DH made it for the last 4 days of our 12 day trip. We didn't stay at SOG that trip, but I did visit twice to pick up tickets for Disney and Universal, so I wouldn't think checking in would be different with my ID.

So looking at taxi for check in day, and likely renting a car when we move to Uni. for our last few days. Anyone rented onsite at SOG? I remember the rental car desk in the lobby. Or is it cheaper to go to CCC to rent? I really miss the days when we were stationed within driving distance
Stinks when they can't make the whole thing! One trip he was denied leave because they had something big coming up - and then the government shut down happened, so he was just stuck home alone.

We haven't rented from that desk, but I've priced it and its been reasonable. We just ended up getting one at the airport for the whole trip, but Alamo seems reasonable wherever you pick up! There is also a branch at the Dolphin (or Swan?) if you want to compare prices!
denneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:28 AM   #2068
OldPyrate
Mouseketeer

Just got our ticket #s from SOG for MDE!!!
8/2014 ~ WDW - SOG
3/2014 ~ Disney Family Museum
8/2007 ~ WDW - AKL
8/2007 ~ Disney Wonder 3N Bahamas

OldPyrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #2069
wannabatwdw
Earning My Ears

Has any one tried the shades of Green sunrise package?

I just called to request the palm wing for our upcoming trip and they asked me if I wanted to add the breakfast buffet to our reservation for $10 a night. Since there are are 3 of us it sounded like a good deal. Has anyone had this package, if so was it worth it?
wannabatwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:35 PM   #2070
stitchrulz
I am not spoiled -- A bit past the expiration date, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabatwdw View Post
I just called to request the palm wing for our upcoming trip and they asked me if I wanted to add the breakfast buffet to our reservation for $10 a night. Since there are are 3 of us it sounded like a good deal. Has anyone had this package, if so was it worth it?
You won't go away hungry from the breakfast buffet. It has a pretty good variety of your breakfast basics, and I doubt you could get that amount of food for $3.33 per person anywhere else on or off property. We did a Sunrise package several years ago which included the daily breakfast buffet. DH has to have "real" food (bacon, sausage, eggs, etc.) before hitting the parks, so it was worth it to us.
1995 - CBR (Honeymoon!) 1996 - Dixie Landings 1997 - CBR 2000 - CBR 2001 - SOG 2002 - Contemporary 2003 - Contemporary 2004 - SOG 2005 - Polynesian (10th Anniversary!) 2006 - WL 2007 SOG 2008 - SOG 2009 - Polynesian
2012 - Polynesian

In memory of Stubs, our beloved "Pud" 04/10/2007
stitchrulz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: