Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #2026
joshua74133
Earning My Ears

Questions

Are all veterans able to get the military discount? my wife served 6 years as an air force reservist and was given a medical honorable discharge when they found out she had rheumatoid arthritis

We are wanting to stay at Art of Animation because it looks like SOG is booked all through Jan… how can we get magic bands? Is it even possible?

Are military discounts good year around or just certain months?

I see the discounted ticket price is 169 whats the chances they extend that into 2015?

thanks guys this would be our kids first visit ages are 14,13,11,6,1
joshua74133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #2027
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPyrate View Post
SOG doesn't have Magic Bands...BUT you can order your tickets from them 45 days in advance (they'll send you an e-mail with an order form to your e-mail address you gave them when you made reservations). Then they will send you your ticket numbers which you can link to MDE and then make FP+ reservations 30 days in advance. We just faxed our ticket order form back to them this morning! Since you already have MBs, I think you can have your military tickets and FP+ reservations linked to them. I haven't heard if they've extended the Military Salute tickets yet.
Thanks!! We will look for the email. Well if the Salute ticket promo is renewed I'll just get one along with my son.No need for the MB unless I need those tickets.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #2028
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua74133 View Post
Questions Are all veterans able to get the military discount? my wife served 6 years as an air force reservist and was given a medical honorable discharge when they found out she had rheumatoid arthritis We are wanting to stay at Art of Animation because it looks like SOG is booked all through Jan… how can we get magic bands? Is it even possible? Are military discounts good year around or just certain months? I see the discounted ticket price is 169 whats the chances they extend that into 2015? thanks guys this would be our kids first visit ages are 14,13,11,6,1
I was just watching a video about this. Is your wife considered retired? If so than she can get the discounted price any time of the year. My son is "Medically Retired" and gets all the retirement benefits as a regular career retiree. We just got 5 nights in first week of January. Two nights were at $95/night ( rate is based on rank) and the marathon promo for $61/night for 3 nights!! Total $375 for 5 nights with no tax!! How awesome is that. I'm surprised there is no January availability. We just booked this 3 days ago.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:57 AM   #2029
joshua74133
Earning My Ears

she is not retired... she only served 6 years, she was just given a honorable discharge looks like they did not put medical in the paperwork.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #2030
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Thanks!! We will look for the email. Well if the Salute ticket promo is renewed I'll just get one along with my son.No need for the MB unless I need those tickets.
Hope, you guys will love SOG. We are staying 4 nights next month along with our 5 at OKW. Can't beat the prices or the size of the rooms!! Did you sell your DVC points?

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #2031
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
Hope, you guys will love SOG. We are staying 4 nights next month along with our 5 at OKW. Can't beat the prices or the size of the rooms!! Did you sell your DVC points?
Sent you a message Denise!

Old 07-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #2032
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sent you a message Denise!

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #2033
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
she is not retired... she only served 6 years, she was just given a honorable discharge looks like they did not put medical in the paperwork.
Your wife would need a current military issued ID card stating she is medically retired.

One of these: http://www.cac.mil/uniformed-services-id-card/

It sounds like she only has a DD 214. Just like any other Military Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) facility a veteran loses the entitlement to use the facility once they are discharged. Only active duty, retires (longevity and medical) and 100% disabled veterans with military/DOD issued ID cards can normally stay at Shades of Green or use an MWR facility. VA medical ID cards don't count and cannot be used for a stay at Shades of Green.

However, there is an exception/waiver made twice a year when honourably discharged veterans with DD 214 are welcome to stay at Shades of Green. They can stay in January and September.

Veterans with just a DD 214 are never able to get the $169 tickets. Disney's rules are that they are only for active duty, retires (longevity and medical) and 100% disabled veterans with military/DOD issued ID cards.

Last edited by Brit_Jude; 07-20-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Brit_Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #2034
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Trying to create a new MDE account for my son. We put in the SOG reservation number but it doesn't recognize it. Do I have to call Disney ?

Old 07-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #2035
joshua74133
Earning My Ears

so does she still get a military discount when staying at places like AOA???
she is going to have to call her base tomorrow to get her papers.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:33 PM   #2036
deannaf87
Mouseketeer

How has everyone's experience been with booking FP+ at the 30 day window. Is there still a lot of options left?

Disneyland- June 2003-CL at Disneyland Hotel
WDW - March 2013 - Shades of Green
Planning for December 2015...going through the exciting process of picking a resort

ATTENTION: TR IN PROGRESS You need superglue for WHAT??? A Bloody Magical First Time Trip Report!
deannaf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #2037
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
so does she still get a military discount when staying at places like AOA??? she is going to have to call her base tomorrow to get her papers.
Have your wife call the Shades of Green reservations number tell them she is a veteran with a DD 214 and if the can check on veteran discount rate availability at AoA or another Disney Resort.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #2038
OldPyrate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Trying to create a new MDE account for my son. We put in the SOG reservation number but it doesn't recognize it. Do I have to call Disney ?
MDE won't recognize a SOG reservation since SOG is not a Disney Resort. But once you purchase your military discount tickets, SOG can send you the ticket numbers so you can link the tickets to your MDE. You should be able to create a MDE account without any resort reservations...at least I was able to.....and now just waiting on our ticket numbers from SOG!!!
8/2014 ~ WDW - SOG
3/2014 ~ Disney Family Museum
8/2007 ~ WDW - AKL
8/2007 ~ Disney Wonder 3N Bahamas

OldPyrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #2039
OldPyrate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
so does she still get a military discount when staying at places like AOA???
she is going to have to call her base tomorrow to get her papers.
If she has no military ID card, then no military discounts from Disney. If she was medically retired, she'd have a military ID card. Also, even with an ID card, you may not get a mil discount at a Disney resort hotel as they only allocate a limited number of rooms for the mil discount, once they are gone, no more discount, ID card holder or not. I've run into this a few times at DLR when we went on last minute weekend trips.

"Note: The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in and military member (or spouse) must stay in the room. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Additional per-adult charges may apply at the Walt Disney World Resort if there are more than two adults per room. This offer is for active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in."
8/2014 ~ WDW - SOG
3/2014 ~ Disney Family Museum
8/2007 ~ WDW - AKL
8/2007 ~ Disney Wonder 3N Bahamas

Last edited by OldPyrate; 07-20-2014 at 09:00 PM.
OldPyrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #2040
Tankcdr
Earning My Ears

Salute Renewed!

Steve at Military Disney Tips has all the details..Looks like it's $177 for a four day park hopper. Official Disney announcement/press release this afternoon.

See you at SOG in November!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: