Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #1981
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran
 
MAGICFOR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,936

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
Have not been on this page in forever. Life just got very busy. Missed everyone and am looking forward to our October trip.

And please send me some pixie dust. I applied for an internal communications manager position at ... drum roll ... Disney World!
Good luck and ixiedust: to you! Sounds like a cool job!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #1982
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran
 
gibsontrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: "Home is where the Army sends us"
Posts: 726

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
Does anyone know if you can pre-purchase park passes at SOG ...even if not staying there??? I had read somewhere that there is a form or something. I can get 6 of the salute tickets here locally, but we need one more either MYW or Stars and Stripes ticket to go with our others. I want to get them soon so I can do the FP+ and enter the ticket info into MDE.
You have to be staying at shades to pre order your tickets. They hand them to you when you check in !
__________________







ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
gibsontrio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-28-2014, 02:35 PM   #1983
moonlitelace
Mouseketeer
 
moonlitelace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Whitman, MA, USA
Posts: 107

Now you can pre-order them threw Camp Pendelton for $10 and they'll ship them FedEx to you. http://www.militarydisneytips.com/bl...kets-by-phone/
moonlitelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:47 PM   #1984
edk35
DIS Veteran
 
edk35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,834

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitelace View Post
Now you can pre-order them threw Camp Pendelton for $10 and they'll ship them FedEx to you. http://www.militarydisneytips.com/bl...kets-by-phone/
Thanks. We are staying at SOG our arrival day so we can preorder and get them for the length we need...since we are staying at SOG that first night. I called today.
__________________

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:54 PM   #1985
edk35
DIS Veteran
 
edk35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,834

I know this has BEEN HASHED OUT A LOT..but I am looking for convincing. LOL

Okay... have stayed several times at SOG. You can see that in my signature. We love the size of the rooms, the quiet resort, closeness to Poly and the monorail. The rates are GREAT TOO. However the things we don't like ....the food places are very lacking. Now with the FP+ and magic bands..it is making me second guess the great location/rate and leaning towards staying at a regular resort.

I booked a 35% off room at POFQ for 3 nights...at the end of our trip. We are staying at OKW for 5 nights. I keep thinking the magic bands/FP+ and MDE and all will be easier if we stay at a regular resort. It will COST MORE, it will be a smaller room, but its a resort we have not stayed at, it is small, has a food court and all. I like the Disney buses better. I see that one of the SOG pools is down for a refurb too. SO HARD TO DECIDE what to do. HELP!!!!
__________________

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #1986
moonlitelace
Mouseketeer
 
moonlitelace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Whitman, MA, USA
Posts: 107

How about doing a one night stay just to get the magic bands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
I know this has BEEN HASHED OUT A LOT..but I am looking for convincing. LOL

Okay... have stayed several times at SOG. You can see that in my signature. We love the size of the rooms, the quiet resort, closeness to Poly and the monorail. The rates are GREAT TOO. However the things we don't like ....the food places are very lacking. Now with the FP+ and magic bands..it is making me second guess the great location/rate and leaning towards staying at a regular resort.

I booked a 35% off room at POFQ for 3 nights...at the end of our trip. We are staying at OKW for 5 nights. I keep thinking the magic bands/FP+ and MDE and all will be easier if we stay at a regular resort. It will COST MORE, it will be a smaller room, but its a resort we have not stayed at, it is small, has a food court and all. I like the Disney buses better. I see that one of the SOG pools is down for a refurb too. SO HARD TO DECIDE what to do. HELP!!!!
moonlitelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:28 AM   #1987
edk35
DIS Veteran
 
edk35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,834

Are there any pics of the new renovations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post
The Mill Pond aka Mickey Mouse pool has not been renovated yet - the renovations are scheduled to start at the end of July and run through December.

The Magnolia pool renovation is complete. It is open 10am to 10pm and now has life guards. So there is a pool available even with the Mill Pond pool closed for renovations.
Are there any pics of the the new Pool renovations?
__________________

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:29 AM   #1988
imhereforthedolewhip
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 12

I would stick with SOG personally. I have priced out other resorts and it just isn't worth it to me. I would rather have that money for something else.

Another benefit to staying at SOG (for us anyway) is the shoppette. We bought water and snacks there. My son bought souvenirs. Adults bought adult beverages.

As for the food, we only eat breakfast at SOG. We get omelets or fried eggs at the omelet bar and then fruit and such from the buffet. We eat lunch and dinner in the parks.
imhereforthedolewhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #1989
imhereforthedolewhip
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 12

Also, I don't think the advantage of magic bands is really that big anymore. Not being able to get additional FPP throughout the day was really our biggest gripe and that has been fixed.
imhereforthedolewhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #1990
edk35
DIS Veteran
 
edk35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,834

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhereforthedolewhip View Post
Also, I don't think the advantage of magic bands is really that big anymore. Not being able to get additional FPP throughout the day was really our biggest gripe and that has been fixed.
So can we get the FP+ extra ones too??
__________________

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #1991
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?
 
buffettgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GreatWoods parking lot.
Posts: 3,131

a few pages back I posted a sort of personal review/comparison between a value and SOG from my trip in May.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1944

There were pros to staying "on site" and there were cons as well. It was just myself and my son, though. So, room size, while normally a big factor, wasn't. It was nice also being able to magic band everything - rooms, meals, gift shops. And it was nice having a decent food court. It was easy to let my teenager go down and get a snack by himself and not have to worry about sending him with money. We also paid less for our room at the value. But again, that's normally not something you can compare.

But, it also was a slower time of year and I can only imagine that the values are just wall to wall people normally, shades never is. And the buses can get really crowded, but this time of year they weren't.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #1992
edk35
DIS Veteran
 
edk35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,834

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
a few pages back I posted a sort of personal review/comparison between a value and SOG from my trip in May.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1944

There were pros to staying "on site" and there were cons as well. It was just myself and my son, though. So, room size, while normally a big factor, wasn't. It was nice also being able to magic band everything - rooms, meals, gift shops. And it was nice having a decent food court. It was easy to let my teenager go down and get a snack by himself and not have to worry about sending him with money. We also paid less for our room at the value. But again, that's normally not something you can compare.

But, it also was a slower time of year and I can only imagine that the values are just wall to wall people normally, shades never is. And the buses can get really crowded, but this time of year they weren't.
Thanks I did read your post. Yeah comparing Mods or even Values to SOG is like comparing apples to oranges. It is so hard to HAVE the Disney perks at the regular resorts and NOT have them at SOG but then there are great things about SOG we love. With that being said....as of RIGHT NOW.. we have POFQ booked and SOG. I have a feeling we will cave and just stay SOG.
__________________

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #1993
WDW 3
Mouseketeer
 
WDW 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35

Thanks I did read your post. Yeah comparing Mods or even Values to SOG is like comparing apples to oranges. It is so hard to HAVE the Disney perks at the regular resorts and NOT have them at SOG but then there are great things about SOG we love. With that being said....as of RIGHT NOW.. we have POFQ booked and SOG. I have a feeling we will cave and just stay SOG.
We stayed at POFQ and liked it. Prefer Shades. FQ has a food court which is super crowded in the morning. We generally eat lunch and dinner at the parks so the food choices won't sway me. Ordered a pizza one evening and ate in the food court. The best part was the cast member. Retired couple. She cooked and he worked the dining room. Never met her but he was so enjoyable. One bus stop but most of the time we went to all 4 at Riverside to pick up before leaving. Getting back was often in reverse and we were last dropped off. Sometimes it was just FQ. No apparent method? We stayed over Veterans Day so the crowds weren't like during busier times. We might stay there again if I can get a king room and it's during a quiet time. FQ is the only moderate resort I'll consider because of the size. I like the relative smallness vs other Disney resorts. Love Shades for the room size. The quiet aka Disney chaos. Bus schedule. Lastly the indoor halls. DH saw a snake on a trip to the food court for coffee. My two cents.
__________________
Off site 1996, Contemporary 1997
SOG 2005, 2007, 2008, POFQ 2009, SOG 2010, 2011
Disneyland Paradise Pier 3/2012, SOG 2012
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #1994
stitchrulz
I am not spoiled -- A bit past the expiration date, maybe.
 
stitchrulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 626

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW 3 View Post
Lastly the indoor halls. DH saw a snake on a trip to the food court for coffee.
My DH would consider that a perk.
__________________
1995 - CBR (Honeymoon!) 1996 - Dixie Landings 1997 - CBR 2000 - CBR 2001 - SOG 2002 - Contemporary 2003 - Contemporary 2004 - SOG 2005 - Polynesian (10th Anniversary!) 2006 - WL 2007 SOG 2008 - SOG 2009 - Polynesian
2012 - Polynesian

In memory of Stubs, our beloved "Pud" 04/10/2007
stitchrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #1995
edk35
DIS Veteran
 
edk35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,834

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchrulz View Post
my dh would consider that a perk.

lol
__________________

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: