Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #1906
here757
DIS Veteran

So just by my tickets? Can you link your room to it? And the bands to it?

Support your local bondsman....GET ARRESTED!!!
here757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #1907
jaz0308
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
I always request one specific room, but have never been able to get it. However, they have always been able to put me pretty close to that area, so I can't complain.

I always call to check my ressies a few weeks before going and then when I check in I always ask if they were able to get me my room request.
Ok, I tried not to ask but curiosity got the better of me! Would you mind sharing which room you request and why? If you would rather not tell, no worries! Just curious if there is a perfect room out there that i haven't found yet! LOL!
jaz0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2014, 04:04 AM   #1908
mylesaway
Earning My Ears

Room

Is it worth requesting first floor near pools but not poolside room?
mylesaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:15 AM   #1909
denneg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by here757 View Post
So just by my tickets? Can you link your room to it? And the bands to it?
You won't be able to link your room to it, like one of the Disney resorts. Your room key will be specific to SoG, and your park ticket will be one of the cards still. You can link in the app or online using the code on the back of the card. As SoG is considered offsite, you won't get bands ( although I was told you can buy them, but not sure how that works). Your FP+ selections will be linked to your ticket, so you'll use your ticket at the ride entrance.

I should also add that as much as I love SoG, rooms in the value or moderate category are often cheaper with the military discount. If you did that you would get the bands, plus the Magical Express - not sure if any of that would make a difference. We have used the discount and SoG if I can help anymore! Steve at Military Disney Tips explains the room discount well: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Di...es-Salute.html

Last edited by denneg; 04-23-2014 at 08:23 AM.
denneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #1910
JudyAL
Mouseketeer

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find the info. Sorry for asking again.

My husband likes staying in the Magnolia side of the resort, but I like having the double sinks so there's more room in the bathroom. Does anyone know which rooms have them?

We were in a 1 sink room before and hated it so I'd like to avoid that from happening again if possible.

Dec 2001The Contemporary, Mar 2002Hilton Head, Oct 2002Grand Californian, Feb 2003Wilderness Lodge Villas, Aug 2011Shades of Green, Aug 2012Shades of Green, Aug 2013Shades of Green, Jul 2014Shades of Green and Wilderness Lodge Villas
JudyAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #1911
mylesaway
Earning My Ears

We love staying at SOG. You can't beat the deluxe size of the rooms. Pools are newly renovated. Bus to parks and EMH. Depending on when you go they offer discounts on the rooms and meal packages. We love the breakfast and get the sunrise package. We always come out ahead when we stay there over a discounted value room on Disney.
mylesaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #1912
denneg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesaway View Post
We love staying at SOG. You can't beat the deluxe size of the rooms. Pools are newly renovated. Bus to parks and EMH. Depending on when you go they offer discounts on the rooms and meal packages. We love the breakfast and get the sunrise package. We always come out ahead when we stay there over a discounted value room on Disney.
I don't disagree at all, we love SoG and stay there regularly. But for the OP who may not be aware of the discounts Disney offers and the features that are available with onsite vs. SoG, I just wanted to make sure they have all the information to make the right decision for their family. For us, we use SoG for trips when we have an offsite week booked through AFVclub, we add a few days at SoG - then we already have a car so we aren't worried about airport transportation. If we are going for a few days or a week and just looking to book a room, I'd use the Disney discount, because I don't want to rent a car or pay for airport transport if I don't have to. I love the room size at SoG and the resort itself, but if it comes down to saving a few hundred on a car rental that I can out towards the next trip, I'll take it!
Old 04-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #1913
denneg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by famouschinesec View Post

I always call and verify they have the requests in the record. 90% of the time they don't. FWIW, we also prefer to be in the Magnolia wing in the corridor with rooms 220-239 or 320-339. Those rooms have the double sinks and they are about as close to the hot tub with double sinks that you can get.
JudyAL, this was back on page 126! Hope that helps.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #1914
famouschinesec
Mouseketeer

Magnolia wing rooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by famouschinesec View Post
I always call and verify they have the requests in the record. 90% of the time they don't. FWIW, we also prefer to be in the Magnolia wing in the corridor with rooms 220-239 or 320-339. Those rooms have the double sinks and they are about as close to the hot tub with double sinks that you can get.
We have also found it much more convenient to park in the golf club house parking lot, and cut through the pool or next to the putting green and in the spa entrance to get to these rooms. About a 3 minute walk that way vs. about 10 minutes to the parking garage. Finally figured that one out about 3 trips ago.

SOG Nov 2004, March 2006, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2013, May 2013, Dec 2013
DLR March 2011
Offsite Oct 2012, Jan 2013, April 2013
famouschinesec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #1915
here757
DIS Veteran

I might request for those room? Have they been renovated already? We are not going till forth of July

Support your local bondsman....GET ARRESTED!!!
here757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:24 PM   #1916
famouschinesec
Mouseketeer

Magnolia rooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by here757 View Post
I might request for those room? Have they been renovated already? We are not going till forth of July
They were renovated a couple of years ago. In addition, Shades has gone to the bedding cover system used in most hotels. They've gotten rid of the old bedspreads and gone to a duvet that is between two sheets, and then just a runner at the bottom of the bed. I meant to take a picture of it when we were there in December and forgot. I always request the rooms in that corridor, and I always get them. They are undesirable to many people because of how long a walk it is from the front. We like them because they are close to the hot tub, and now that we've learned to park at the golf club house, it's really not that far of a walk to and from the car.

SOG Nov 2004, March 2006, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2013, May 2013, Dec 2013
DLR March 2011
Offsite Oct 2012, Jan 2013, April 2013
famouschinesec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #1917
jaz0308
Mouseketeer

room help anyone?

Hello! Can anyone help me find a map that lists the room numbers at SOG? We have stayed in the same room for the last two years and we really have become attached to it! I want to put in a request for the room or at least one close to it! Thanks if anyone can help!
jaz0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:51 AM   #1918
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

I called yesterday and they didn't have my room request down, I'm glad I called. The woman was more than happy to help me choose a good room. I wanted magnolia wing, lobby floor. do they have valet parking? This is our first time driving, we plan parking and not moving our car for the duration of the stay. Does valet parking per day cost the same as if we were to park ourselves?

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
gibsontrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:25 AM   #1919
denneg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0308 View Post
Hello! Can anyone help me find a map that lists the room numbers at SOG? We have stayed in the same room for the last two years and we really have become attached to it! I want to put in a request for the room or at least one close to it! Thanks if anyone can help!
Here you go!

http://allears.net/acc/sogmap.jpg

Just realized that might just be one wing? Hope it has what you were looking for! I wonder if they could look it up for you if you called?
Old 04-24-2014, 09:16 AM   #1920
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0308 View Post
Map of the hotel: Page 22, post 320
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: