Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #1876
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero

The only one you don't have to pay is MK.
Technically you should pay at MK it's not officially waived but there is a way to bypass the payment booths when driving from Shades of Green to the MK parking lot by taking the exit/turnaround on the left just past the Hess gas station. However it's probably quicker to take the SOG bus as once parked in the MK parking lot you have to walk or take the trolley to the Tickets and Transportation Center (TTC) and this is the same place the SOG bus drops off.

Disney did change the policy a few years back and SOG guests no longer get the free parking benefit at the parks. Guests staying at Disney owned and operated resorts still get complimentary parking at the parks included with their room rate.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:37 AM   #1877
edk35
DIS Veteran

We usually walk to the Poly and hop the monorail to MK.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2014, 11:40 PM   #1878
barbiebabe1974
Earning My Ears

Three questions:

1. Anyone know if you have to be a guest at SOG to do the princess gig at the spa? (We are active duty, but are considering staying at CBR in May).

2. Feeling like we got a pretty good rate, but does $3545 for TWO rooms (4 adults and 4 children) May 26- June 1 with plus dining sound decent for Caribbean Beach Resort?

3. Just to make sure I'm right, we can't get a dining plan if we did elect to stay at SOG. Is there a post somewhere that discusses food options?

TIA for your time folks! :-)
barbiebabe1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #1879
denneg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiebabe1974 View Post
Three questions:

1. Anyone know if you have to be a guest at SOG to do the princess gig at the spa? (We are active duty, but are considering staying at CBR in May).

2. Feeling like we got a pretty good rate, but does $3545 for TWO rooms (4 adults and 4 children) May 26- June 1 with plus dining sound decent for Caribbean Beach Resort?

3. Just to make sure I'm right, we can't get a dining plan if we did elect to stay at SOG. Is there a post somewhere that discusses food options?

TIA for your time folks! :-)
I don't know the answer to the spa question, but I'm sure someone knows.

Is that rate with the military discount? Just a suggestion, but you could rent DVC points and get a 2 bedroom for the same amount or less. Then you would have more space, a kitchen and laundry, etc.

And no dining plan or airport transportation for SOG.
denneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:35 AM   #1880
barbiebabe1974
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by denneg View Post
I don't know the answer to the spa question, but I'm sure someone knows.

Is that rate with the military discount? Just a suggestion, but you could rent DVC points and get a 2 bedroom for the same amount or less. Then you would have more space, a kitchen and laundry, etc.

And no dining plan or airport transportation for SOG.
I looked at the David's site re DVC. Given, I didn't put in a request, but from what I gathered, when factoring in the plus meal plan, it was far more expensive. (This is a NO COOKING ALLOWED vaca. :-) ). Looks like I need to go back and double check that?

Tks for your time in responding!
barbiebabe1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #1881
5kitty
Earning My Ears

Around this time last year, we booked a "Deck the Palms" December package at SOG. The package was a reduced room rate and included daily breakfast and dinner buffets. SOG was very busy during the time we were there and we heard many people saying that they were there with the special. While we didn't fully take advantage of the dinner buffets, it was still a great deal. We have stayed at SOG many times over the years but never took advantage of or watched for any seasonal specials before. I am just curious if anyone knows if that was the first time that SOG offered a December special package or even if they think it would/will be offered again. Thanks.
5kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #1882
denneg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiebabe1974 View Post

I looked at the David's site re DVC. Given, I didn't put in a request, but from what I gathered, when factoring in the plus meal plan, it was far more expensive. (This is a NO COOKING ALLOWED vaca. :-) ). Looks like I need to go back and double check that?

Tks for your time in responding!
I may have misread your first post, if that price included your dining plan than it is cheaper than DVC! I thought that was room only, if it includes dining then yes, good price!

Also, my DH and I were talking about the spa, we both think as long as you have access, you can do it. It's technically a MWR facility, so I would think anyone with proper ID could go eat, shop and use the spa. But probably worth a phone call before making the trek over!
denneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #1883
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Starlight Movies by thd Gazebo every Wednesday in April and May!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3409264&type=1
Old 04-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #1884
kristinradico
Mouseketeer

Do we need to make reservations for the breakfast buffet?? If not, how long is the wait normally??
kristinradico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:02 PM   #1885
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinradico View Post
Do we need to make reservations for the breakfast buffet?? If not, how long is the wait normally??
No reservations. The wait varies. We try to get down before 8. By 8:30 there can be a wait for a table. Not because they're full, but because of the waitstaff. I have never seen it full, but I have seen a wait for a table. We have never waited more than about 5 minutes, but as we are leaving I have seen a lot of people waiting.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:34 AM   #1886
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

hey all ! Anyone have any updated pictures of the shoppette at the shades?? How are the beer/wine prices? Do they have a good selection, or do you think its better if we bring our own ?

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
gibsontrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #1887
famouschinesec
Mouseketeer

beer/wine prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsontrio View Post
hey all ! Anyone have any updated pictures of the shoppette at the shades?? How are the beer/wine prices? Do they have a good selection, or do you think its better if we bring our own ?
It's always better if you bring your own.That said, we have driven the last 5 or so years, so we've always had almost unlimited room. If I were flying then I would buy at the shades store. If I were flying and hiring a car to take me to shades, I would have them stop at a store.

SOG Nov 2004, March 2006, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2013, May 2013, Dec 2013
DLR March 2011
Offsite Oct 2012, Jan 2013, April 2013
famouschinesec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #1888
stitchrulz
I am not spoiled -- A bit past the expiration date, maybe.

Quote:
We drive, so we always bring our own. In fact, we often hit our local Exchange for libations. On our last trip, Shades was cheaper than the Disney resort stores but still a bit more than prices here at home.
1995 - CBR (Honeymoon!) 1996 - Dixie Landings 1997 - CBR 2000 - CBR 2001 - SOG 2002 - Contemporary 2003 - Contemporary 2004 - SOG 2005 - Polynesian (10th Anniversary!) 2006 - WL 2007 SOG 2008 - SOG 2009 - Polynesian
2012 - Polynesian

In memory of Stubs, our beloved "Pud" 04/10/2007
stitchrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #1889
gibsontrio
DIS Veteran

Good to know! I've stayed at shades twice before, but this time made our reservation on the website. I requested the magnolia wing under the notes section. Think it's necessary to call and request the magnolia wing , or is the website good enough?

ME! , Hubby , Cameron , Willow , Roselynn
gibsontrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:45 PM   #1890
famouschinesec
Mouseketeer

Talking room requests

Quote:
Good to know! I've stayed at shades twice before, but this time made our reservation on the website. I requested the magnolia wing under the notes section. Think it's necessary to call and request the magnolia wing , or is the website good enough?
I always call and verify they have the requests in the record. 90% of the time they don't. FWIW, we also prefer to be in the Magnolia wing in the corridor with rooms 220-239 or 320-339. Those rooms have the double sinks and they are about as close to the hot tub with double sinks that you can get.

SOG Nov 2004, March 2006, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2013, May 2013, Dec 2013
DLR March 2011
Offsite Oct 2012, Jan 2013, April 2013
famouschinesec is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: