Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Kappagirl
Earning My Ears

Angry Magic Your Way plus dining glitch

Anyone else experiencing the glitch that shows they are on the quick service dining plan when they paid for a 2015 Magic Your Way Plus Dining package in the My Disney Experience when they link their confirmation number? The travel agent assured me it was a glitch, and the confirmation email says "2015 Magic Your Way Plus Dining" but it's a concern if their digital system (which our magic bands will be on) has issues once we arrive in January.
Kappagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
Sherrkel
Disney World Dreamer . . . Wish I Could Be At My Home Away From Home . . .

Yes, periodically when I'm in MDE looking things up I'll notice this on our reservation, and on my in-laws too (we're booked AKL deluxe resort, on basic dining). However at other times, it shows the basic dining we booked. We have confirmation that we booked and paid for basic, so I'm not too worried.
I'm just blaming it on those "glitches" everyone else talks about .

POR Grand Gathering Feb. 2013 **CSR Grand Gathering 2011, 2009 & 2007 ** CBR 1995 **Disneymoon 1989

Sherrkel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #3
clambert1273
Mouseketeer

I called them yesterday - she told me they are aware and working on it. She said it truly is a glitch in the system and the correct plan was still showing on my booking with her... that is all I cared about
Old 12-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #4
candacewi5
Earning My Ears

I noticed the same thing yesterday and contacted my travel agent. She confirmed it is a glitch and we have booked the regular dining plan.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
Kappagirl
Earning My Ears

Good to know. I hope this glitch is fixed fast and doesn't cause issues when dining! I managed to snag the new princess brunch today at citricos and they didn't make me prepay. It must be correct in the disney system, so excited to get at least one dinner reservation we wanted!
Old 12-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
dimndgal1
One little spark...

We had the same issue and though it is probably unrelated (and just a bitter irony) we had issues booking our FP+ when our window opened because it didn't show tickets linked to our account (even though we had FD package and the tickets had been in MDE previously - I checked before the window opened). Unfortunately, the only thing I could do was book the other 3 rooms going with us and watch the E&A FP+ disappear before my eyes since tech support didn't open until 7am.

Again, not saying it was related, but our room was the only one having glitches with what dining plan was attached and also was the only one of the 4 that had ticket issues... which they also assured me was 'only a glitch'.
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #7
Donald - my hero
Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"
Rescues lime green Mickey head paint chips from Home Depot

We got back at the beginning of November from a 2 week stay and from the day i made the reservation until the end of the holiday EVERY TIME i looked at MDE it stated "quick dining" Heck some-days the name of our resort showed at least 6 times on my itinerary. Just chalk it up to yet another IT problem connected with Disney

If it states that you have the dining plan on your original confirmation e-mail you're good to go, have a great trip
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post52016805
Donald - my hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #8
goldwest
Mouseketeer

Us too

We also had quick service show. My travel agent referred me to the email I received with the correct dinning plan showing. A little unnerving though.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #9
niffer5150
Mouseketeer

today i apparently have all of the above for our all adult party of 3,

Dining Plan: 2015 Quick Service Meals, 2015 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2015 Table Service Meals - Child

it seems to change almost daily tho. i'm sure it'll be fine.
niffer5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
figmentedfollies
Earning My Ears

Copied from My Reservations from the My Disney Experience:

Disney's Beach Club Resort
MYW Pkg + Dining UOC
Check In: Saturday, January 17, 2015
Check Out: Sunday, January 25, 2015
Room Type: Garden View
Guests: 2 Adults
Dining Plan: 2015 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2015 Quick Service Meals, 2015 Table Service Meals - Child

What I am guessing this might be the result of booking our package under a unique offer which was slightly cheaper than the Stay, Dine, and Play package. But I did check all my other materials they've sent us and it did say the (Standard) Disney Dining Plan.

Upcoming Trip:
Beach Club (January 2015)

Previous Trips:
December 1993 (Swan/Dolphin) * January 1995 (DoubleTree) * January 1996 (DoubleTree) * January 1997 (DoubleTree) * March 2006 (DoubleTree) * Port Orleans Riverside (May 2008) * Port Orleans Riverside (January 2011) * Port Orleans (January 2013)
figmentedfollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:39 PM   #11
Kappagirl
Earning My Ears

Yes, we now have all 3 as well and even though I thought we booked stay, play and dine... it says "MYW + discounted dining"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: