Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #76
Disneyanajc
~It's just a moment...This time will pass~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizFan13 View Post
Ok, it's been another week. Does anyone have any news, updates, or photos? I'm sure it won't be open soon, but I'd love to hear that there is progress taking place!
MC (micechat in the parks update) had an update with pictures on July 12th...work on the outside of the building.

Off to the World!
Disneyanajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #77
DizFan13
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Disneyanajc. I found those photos. To be honest, I think they look identical to the ones posted here by S. S. Columbia. In truth, it appears that there has been zero progress since they first cleared the bookstore. At this point, I just have my fingers crossed that the location will be complete by the time I drive DS17 to college in the middle of September.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #78
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

Yup, we're crossing our fingers for the end of September/beginning of October! With how much good stuff I've heard about EoS, I REALLY want to try their sammies!!! YUM!
Old 07-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #79
DizFan13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here4mydisneyfix View Post
Yup, we're crossing our fingers for the end of September/beginning of October! With how much good stuff I've heard about EoS, I REALLY want to try their sammies!!! YUM!
That's why I am obsessed (to the point of irritation, I'm sure) with updates...our family is addicted to EoS and prior to this, we've only been able to enjoy them during our infrequent visits to WDW. We are anxious to have a west coast offering, although it seems we are destined to wait a little longer.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #80
Here4mydisneyfix

Quote:
That's why I am obsessed (to the point of irritation, I'm sure) with updates...our family is addicted to EoS and prior to this, we've only been able to enjoy them during our infrequent visits to WDW. We are anxious to have a west coast offering, although it seems we are destined to wait a little longer.
I LOVE sandwiches! I reserve them for special occasions and vacations only though, since they have so much bread, so when I do eat a sandwich I want it to be SPECTACULAR! :D So what do you like to get to eat there?? What do you think is the best of EoS?
Old 07-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #81
DizFan13
DIS Veteran

We only eat sandwiches on vacation too! There is no way they would fit into a daily lifestyle calorie budget for me! My personal fav at EoS is the Tuna Melt, and I love the veggie. Before I gave up poultry, I also enjoyed the Hawaiian BBQ sans the ham. The boys are all meat eaters, and they LOVE The Earl's Club, the meatball sandwiches, and my DS17 adores The Full Montagu. All of their sandwiches are big and easy to share.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #82
Here4mydisneyfix

Quote:
We only eat sandwiches on vacation too! There is no way they would fit into a daily lifestyle calorie budget for me! My personal fav at EoS is the Tuna Melt, and I love the veggie. Before I gave up poultry, I also enjoyed the Hawaiian BBQ sans the ham. The boys are all meat eaters, and they LOVE The Earl's Club, the meatball sandwiches, and my DS17 adores The Full Montagu. All of their sandwiches are big and easy to share.
ooooh TUNA?! Yum! I am really glad to hear that the tuna is good! Love tuna melts! My Dh is a big meat eater guy too, so I am sure he'll love some of your boy's choices!I think I'm going to need to check out the menu...and drool! giggle! Thanks for the tips! It's a bummer that it won't be opened for your trip, but I hope you have a fabulous time!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #83
DizFan13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ooooh TUNA?! Yum! I am really glad to hear that the tuna is good! Love tuna melts! My Dh is a big meat eater guy too, so I am sure he'll love some of your boy's choices!I think I'm going to need to check out the menu...and drool! giggle! Thanks for the tips! It's a bummer that it won't be opened for your trip, but I hope you have a fabulous time!!!
Thank you and I know we will have a wonderful trip. Only a week to go and I am getting to that wonderful point of constant excitement. Enjoy your perusal of the menu; I wish I had pictures of some sandwiches that I could post for you, but we've never managed to be patient enough to take pics before eating them!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #84
Here4mydisneyfix

Quote:
I wish I had pictures of some sandwiches that I could post for you, but we've never managed to be patient enough to take pics before eating them!
That IS always a problem with Disney Park food with us too! We start eating and go DARN! We wanted a pic of that...oh well...chomp, chomp...bwhahaha
Old 07-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #85
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I LOVE sandwiches! I reserve them for special occasions and vacations only though, since they have so much bread, so when I do eat a sandwich I want it to be SPECTACULAR! :D So what do you like to get to eat there?? What do you think is the best of EoS?
I think it's their toasted bread that makes the sandwich.

My favorite is the Original 1762 (Roast Beef, Cheddar and Horseradish)

My DW's favorite is the All American (Turkey, Ranch, Cranberries, Cheddar, Lettuce and Tomato)

My oldest DS's favorite is the Club (Turkey, Bacon, Swiss, Tomato, special sauce)

My middle DS also likes the Club, but minus everything but Turkey and Bacon.

My Youngest loves Cannonballs! (Meatballs, Mozzarella, Parmesan and Marinara)

We almost always get the same thing each time.

We also enjoy their breakfast sandwiches.

Looking forward to visiting EOS in DLR's DTD too.
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #86
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you and I know we will have a wonderful trip. Only a week to go and I am getting to that wonderful point of constant excitement. Enjoy your perusal of the menu; I wish I had pictures of some sandwiches that I could post for you, but we've never managed to be patient enough to take pics before eating them!
There are pictures on the EOS website.
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #87
runnintink
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I love the Caprese... good god, it is DELICIOUS.

But.. if you ever go during a holiday, they have a special sandwich with turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce.. best. sandwich. ever!!!
runnintink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #88
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Any word on when it is opening?
Old 09-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #89
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

we were just talking about this on chat the other night...not even close to opening yet...I think that it probably will open around the christmas holiday season...so im going with sometime in Nov. or early Dec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnintink View Post
I love the Caprese... good god, it is DELICIOUS.

But.. if you ever go during a holiday, they have a special sandwich with turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce.. best. sandwich. ever!!!
do you know that for years I have been doing that with my leftover thanksgiving dinner..and then Im thinking it was like 2007 or 2008, there was this place in Vegas that I went to that had that sandwich...they call it "the bobbie"...it was amazing and in the last 2 or so years Ive seen and heard of a bajillion places that have done that...however, I am the original...just unfortunate that I didnt think of patenting the idea
Old 09-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #90
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
Any word on when it is opening?
Ya, we walked by it last night ... does not appear that anything has been done at all to it other than put the boards up around the former COMPASS BOOKS store.

DISNEY states opening is SUMMER 2012.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/0...n-summer-2012/

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: