Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
momto2girlsLA
Earning My Ears

Best time of day to do BBB

I am very torn on what time to book the girls time for BBB. I want to do it the day we are doing our CRT dinner. Would you do it 1st thing in the morning so they can have hair/make-up done all day but then not really have the option to swim that day or plan to go to BBB at say around 3, after we swim/rest and then be dressed and ready for dinner and have some time in the park between BBB and CRT? We make our ADR's on Sat. morning.

Last edited by momto2girlsLA; 04-18-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Want to add email notifications
momto2girlsLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

I remember having this same question a few years ago when my daughter did the BBB for the first time! Every time my daughter has visited the BBB, we would make the appointment for around 10am. She was aware that she would not be swimming that day so she didn't mess her hair and she was ok with that. If you are getting make up done, they give you the pack of make up as a take home along with some extra jewels for their face so you can touch up back at your hotel before dinner. Letting her do the BBB in the morning really gave her a full day to feel special and soak up all the attention from the CMs that would say "hello princess" to her, but of course do what works best for you and your family. Enjoy!
1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWI, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Poly/Sports, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2012-Poly, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT, 2014-POP,
2014-POP,

runDisney races - ToT 13k, ToT 10 miler, EEC, PHM, Enchanted 10k, GSC, Coast2Coast, next up....Avengers Half Marathon!
PHLtoMCO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #3
fourblessings
Mouseketeer

we have always done it first thing in the morning, so she could be made up all day.
fourblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #4
cah5525
Mouseketeer

I like the earliest appointment. My daughter slept with her hairdo the first night...there was so much spray, it looked the same in the morning with just a few fly-aways that we resprayed and she wore it again for day 2. We went back midday for a swim (she didn't go underwater) and it lasted through that! I took my oldest 2 back to the parks that evening, leaving my lil princess with her dad - he said when they took her hair down, it was so stiff and still tried to keep it's shape. Lots of shampoo and conditioner needed!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
OurMinnieFamily
Mouseketeer

We also set up our appointment first thing in the morning. BBB appt is at 8 am and we have our breakfast/brunch character meal at 10 am. My daughter will feel beautiful at her meal and have the whole day at MK dressed like a princess.
OurMinnieFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
Erica09M
Mouseketeer

I really liked our 8am appointment at BBB. It was my DD's 5th birthday, she had her appointment at 8am and felt like a princess the whole day in MK. At 8am, BBB wasn't very busy and we were done quickly. We did dinner at 1900 Park Fare that evening, and her hair was still perfect.

May 7-14, 2010 CBR ~Birthday celebration
May 11-16, 2014 ~Surprise trip!
Erica09M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
Mr. Green
Earning My Ears

We are doing ours before our dinner at CRT. We left enough time to get her all done up and make our ADR time.
Mr. Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #8
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

We have done and are still going to do the AM appointment. We do CRT for lunch, then head back to the room for a break. Last year it was so hot that we had to swim, but the girls just kept their heads above water and it was fine!

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
brockash
DIS Veteran

We usually do BBB first thing in the morning (8:00) to get into the park early. My dd stays in the costume until usually after lunch, and then I change her into regular clothes. We go in Sept., so it's pretty hot and her skin is pretty sensitive as it is, so she's feels itchy ect.

Last year, we couldn't do the appointment at 8:00, so I opted for right before lunch. Our appnt. was at 12:30. We always buy her costume ahead of time (to save a little money) and I didn't know you could have them change into their dress at BBB if you bring your own (she had always just worn it to the parks when we had the 8:00am appnt.'s, so it was never an issue.) Right before the appointment I took her to the bathroom to change her into her dress, and she had a complete meltdown. She was already really hot and I'm sure a little tired (she was 4 at the time) and she just did NOT want to put the dress on, because she thought it would be really itchy ect. Honestly, it was the worst meltdown I've ever dealt with with either of my kids at Disney (they're usually really good at Disney-better behaved than at home lol) I'm sure ppl. that were in the restroom thought I was the worst mom in the world lol. I finally just flat out told her that if she wanted to do the BBB she'd have to put her dress on, and if she didn't then we wouldn't go. -Looking back, not my best mom moment, but

She's very gilry girl and loves to dress up and put on make-up ect. at home, so I knew she wanted to do it. She had been talking about it for days, but in this moment, putting on the dress just wasn't what she wanted to do. She finally agreed to put on the dress and we went to BBB. My goodness what a difference a half hour there made. When she was done, she was like a totally different kid. She was sooo happy and excited. We always laugh when we see the pics we took of her after with her huge smile and remembering how good of a mood she was in, because we remember how miserable she was right before. I was very happy that things turned around so quickly for her, and she wore the dress until a little after dinner.

This year, we're doing it again at 8:00am, so we shouldn't have any meltdowns over that
Old 04-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

We do it first thing in the morning, then breakfast right after at CRT, then supper at CRT later that night. We love CRT!!!!! LOL DD has swam during her afternoon back at the hotel all three times and her hair stays perfectly in place! And, boy, did it make some pretty swimming pictures! I don't think there's a bad time to do it! I just like doing it first thing in the morning so we get into the park earlier (we usually try for 8:05) and so that she gets all day to have the princess fun!

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #11
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I will take my little DGD age 5 at 8am. She had it done last year and it survived a little pool time. This year I am taking her on our last day so her mom and dad will be able to see her I will send phone pictures and I know I will have lots more on my camera. This will be the last day we are here and I am letting her set the tone for the day, doing what any princess will want to do. Final shopping and dinner at Tony's Town Square..

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #12
aripantaloon
DIS Veteran

We like to do it in the morning as well. I just feel like if we do it later in the day that it's a waste of $ since we never keep the hair in for more than that day. My girls would never sleep with it in and would want their hair washed.

1979 - offsite; 1988 - offsite; 1989 - offsite; 2000 - Poly with DH (then DF); 2008 - May 10-17 AKL as a family!!! May 9 at ASMo; 2010 - February 27-March 6 CSR!; 2012 - May 4-12 Poly; 2014 April 26-May 4 BC

aripantaloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:24 AM   #13
Wadecool
DIS Veteran

We also like to get the first appointment of the morning (8:05) and let DD be made up all day.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #14
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
We usually do BBB first thing in the morning (8:00) to get into the park early.
So they will let you into the park early if you have an early BBB appt., just as if you have an early breakfast ADR?

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #15
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Yes, they will let you in the park, be sure to have the reservation number. Sometimes I need it and other times not..When we finish with BBB almost everytime we finished several minutes before the park opens so I get awesome pictures and no one is in our way In fact, the first time we had BBB we were the first ones in the Main St. bakery and had the best breakfast

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbb, crt

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: