Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #151
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Hi Everyone,
We hope you are as excited about next weekend as we are. We know many of you have lots of questions so I hope this email answers many of them for you.

Friday night – Welcome Dinner
Villa Rose
1428 Center Street
Ludlow, MA 01056

Doors open at 6:30 and Dinner starts at 7:15. There will be a 50/50 raffle along with Trivia and a preview of the silent auction items where you get to open the bidding!! You will also be the lucky ones who have the opportunity to purchase any extra event T shirts and DISBoards.com Hydroflasks!!

Saturday - Fun day at the Big E.

Gates open at 8 a.m.
Most exhibits and buildings are open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Avenue of States & Storrowton Village: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Midway: Sunday - Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.;
Saturday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Craft Common: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.

We have planned a few mini meets
The Big E Super Circus – 1 pm
Catherine Hickland - Comedy Hypnotist - Storrowton Village Gazebo – 2pm
The Big E Mardi Gras Parade – 5 pm – Meet at End of Parade Route
The Stars of the Peking Acrobats –Court of Honor Stage - 6:30 pm

Please make sure you wear comfortable shoes and if you have a DIS Unplugged or Lime Green TShirt it would be great for you to wear so we can find you.

For anyone interested in going to Yankee Candle we will meet in the Lobby of the Sheraton at 10:00am and caravan over to Yankee Candle planning on a 10:30 arrival for those who want to head straight there.

Sunday – Brunch with the Bunch
Gremio Lusitano Club
385 Winsor Street
Ludlow, MA 01056
Door open at 9:00
Brunch at 10:00
Silent Auctions Close12:00
Podcast at 12:00

We are asking people to bring a “Potluck Pastry” If each family can bring a dozen of some breakfast type baked good it would be appreciated. Please label if it has nuts in it as well.

We will have Chair massages, over 20 Silent auction items and over 30 Door Prize raffle items, T Shirts, Hydro Flasks (If they are left after Friday night) along with activities for the kids and much much more!!

We are looking forward to seeing you all. If you have any questions, get lost, or need to reach us please call my cell phone 617-413-9342.

See you all soon!!

Tara & the Divas!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #152
Brumeiser
Total Disney Nut

thanks for info

If we purchased a teeshirt when will those be available? looking foward in seeing everyone next weekend.

Meeting the mouse for the first time.
Brumeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #153
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumeiser
If we purchased a teeshirt when will those be available? looking foward in seeing everyone next weekend.
You can pick those up as early as Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #154
tiggerplus5
Mouseketeer

Big E circus

The circus fills up fast and there's usually a long line to wait. I don't know if you have some seating reserved through the Big E. Just thought I would give everyone a head's up. If anyone from the planning committee has been to the Big E, then you probably already know this.

We won't be going to the Big E but DH and I will be attending the breakfast/podcast recording. See you all then!
1972-offsite-Holiday Inn -- 1979-DaysInn -- 1981-Fort Wilderness Trailers -- 1991-Fort Wilderness -- 1997-Carribean Beach -- 1999-offsite --2000- Indian Ridge Oaks vacation home--2001-Kissimmee vacation home-- 2004-Amerisuites -- 2006-Lindfields vacation villa--2008-Lindfields vacation villa --2009-Clermont vacation villa -- 2010-Pop Century --2011-Clermont vacation villa --2013--Sheraton Vistana Resort

tiggerplus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #155
WebmasterCorey
Still points with two fingers
aka OrlandoTiger

DISboards Administrator

See you all Saturday morning!

Unfortunately, our flight doesn't get in until 12am, so we're going to miss the Friday events.

WebmasterCorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #156
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Have a ball you guys. I really wish I could get out to this one...sounds like a wonderful time. But family duties call. Weather looks good and cooperative!!! Have some fried dough for me please!!!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #157
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Have a ball you guys. I really wish I could get out to this one...sounds like a wonderful time. But family duties call. Weather looks good and cooperative!!! Have some fried dough for me please!!!!!
Darn!!! I was looking forward to seeing you!!!
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #158
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Are you sure you can't make anything this weekend? Sneak away for just an hour or two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
Same here!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #159
BilltM
Dizfan

I'll be there for Sunday but I thought I'd add information for those staying at the Sheraton or Marriott for the weekend. I worked at Tower Square a couple years back and not much has changed.

There is an enclosed foot bridge that connects the Sheraton to Tower Square where there is a CVS pharmacy and Dunkin Donuts on the lower level. Attached to the Marriott is a Champions sports bar that has pub food and drink.

If anyone is looking for food and/or drinks after the events (mostly drinks) the Student Prince restaurant is about three streets from the hotel on Fort Street and is in walking distance. Great German food, German beer on tap, wine by the glass and Gemutlichkeit (Google it, there is a Jungle Book reference there). Try the fried Camembert cheese. If you need another opinion ask Lee Cockerell he ran the Marriott Springfield early in his career and knows the Student Prince well. Check out www.studentprince.com for more info and recipes even if you don't stop.

Also, Max's Tavern at the Basketball Hall Fame has great drinks and food. No admission required. Max's is walkable but probably best to take your car. Max's has an extensive drink menu, check it out. www.maxrestaurantgroup.com

I hope this helps and see you all Sunday

BILL
BilltM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #160
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilltM View Post
I'll be there for Sunday but I thought I'd add information for those staying at the Sheraton or Marriott for the weekend. I worked at Tower Square a couple years back and not much has changed.

There is an enclosed foot bridge that connects the Sheraton to Tower Square where there is a CVS pharmacy and Dunkin Donuts on the lower level. Attached to the Marriott is a Champions sports bar that has pub food and drink.

If anyone is looking for food and/or drinks after the events (mostly drinks) the Student Prince restaurant is about three streets from the hotel on Fort Street and is in walking distance. Great German food, German beer on tap, wine by the glass and Gemutlichkeit (Google it, there is a Jungle Book reference there). Try the fried Camembert cheese. If you need another opinion ask Lee Cockerell he ran the Marriott Springfield early in his career and knows the Student Prince well. Check out www.studentprince.com for more info and recipes even if you don't stop.

Also, Max's Tavern at the Basketball Hall Fame has great drinks and food. No admission required. Max's is walkable but probably best to take your car. Max's has an extensive drink menu, check it out. www.maxrestaurantgroup.com

Excellent info Bill, thanks!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #161
OKW Lover

Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Thanks Bill! Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #162
EDuke98080
Have a Magical Day!
Survived the 'Sweet Baby Jesus" drive

Location: Western MA home of the Big Y, the Big E and cider donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilltM View Post

Looking forward to seeing you Bill!

We go to Max's quite frequently and really like it. If you are thinking of going you may want to try and get a reservation.

Erika

Treehouse Villas, Dec 11/Jan 12, Treehouse Villas Dec 10/Jan 11, SSR Dec 09/Jan 10, SSR Dec 08/Jan 09, Wonder 3 Night Jan 08, SSR Dec 07/Jan 08, Grand Californian June 2007, SSR March 2007, Omni Dec 06/Jan 07, SSR March 2005, Beach Club / 3 Night Cruise March 2004, Hilton Head Island Easter 2003, Boardwalk Villas March 2002, Boardwalk Villas March 2001

DVC Member 2000
EDuke98080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #163
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Are you sure you can't make anything this weekend? Sneak away for just an hour or two?

Same here!
I know, I know....I'll miss seeing you guys too. But, I have to head to the Cape to help dh and his brothers figure out what to do with the stuff in their mom's house. We all want certain stuff...so that needs to be dealt with. Then, on Sunday, I have to be at a children's theatre workshop...helping run it, so can't miss it. I already had to cancel something in order to be at the Cape on Saturday. Not a happy camper.
I'll miss seeing you Jeff, but look forward to seeing Kathy in Dec...in Orlando!!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #164
OKW Lover

Quote:
I'll miss seeing you Jeff, but look forward to seeing Kathy in Dec...in Orlando!!!!
Val & I will be in Orlando in December too. A few days before and after PCC 4.0.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #165
Brumeiser
Total Disney Nut

Talking my last post

we are leaving in about 8 hours for the 11 hour drive. Thursday night my sister will put us up for the night in Buffalo and on ward we go for the Friday night dinner. See everyone on Friday

Meeting the mouse for the first time.
Brumeiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: