Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #31
DIS B
Mouseketeer

Has anyone booked Bonnet Creek through Vacation Strategy? I received a great quote, but I am slightly skeptical, as I had never heard of them before. However, I did read up about them and their concept is pretty brilliant!
DIS B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #32
Robin&Marian+2
Earning My Ears

Another subscriber...thanks for asking OP.
Robin&Marian+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #33
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS B View Post
Has anyone booked Bonnet Creek through Vacation Strategy? I received a great quote, but I am slightly skeptical, as I had never heard of them before. However, I did read up about them and their concept is pretty brilliant!
I was booked with them because I have read so many good things about them. We are going the week of Thanksgiving and they could book all but two nights in the middle of my stay there. I didn't want to move so I re-booked with Ken at Vacation Upgrades. I am having to pay over $200.00 more but it's worth it not to have to move twice.

When I called them they were very nice, and very professional. My refund was returned quick too. I dont think you would have any problems at all.

Robin&Marian+2, you are very welcome. I'm about to read some more to hunt for more helpful tips. If you find any on here please post, even if you think it's silly. It may help someone.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #34
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Arrow New tips!!

1.) Some rooms do not have fitted sheets on the beds. If this bothers you, bring one from home.

2.)Foil and wrap is not in the kitchen so bring some from home.

3. I read this from a poster named Mommydust and found it helpful: The pools were wonderful, and heated. The lazy river was strong enough to carry us comfortably around the loop over and over. Tower 6 has a wonderful pirate ship themed pool with a terrific slide for the little ones. There were plenty of hot tubs around and cabanas also. Guests can use facilities at any of the towers and at the Grand Wyndham Hotel. We enjoyed walking the premises - a loop around a large central pond with 2 water fountains. The environment was very conducive to meeting others, with a variety of planned activities. Our second night there we were drawn to the sound of dueling pianos coming from a bar outside tower 4. We found a cheerful crowd of patrons singing along to pop tunes of the 50's - 80's led by two hugely talented and entertaining pianists. Think Sweet Caroline, Sweet Home Alabama, New York New York, etc. What a blast! Our last night, we found karaoke outside tower 3. Another fun time! We also got a good size pizza there for 14.99 and it was delicious.

Her full review is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....739937&page=93

4.) Shuttle buses have a Tip Jar.

5.)A difference between the deluxe vs presidential units is occupancy. The Deluxe units have sleeper sofas (accommodate 2 more), the presidential do not.

6.)You can order groceries from Garden Grocer and they will deliver to you.

7.) Taxi fee calculator link.
http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando

Just a side note, it has been reported that if you use a taxi to go to a theme park, they charge the fee to park there too. Insane!! One way to get around the parking fee - get dropped off at a Disney resort and take their bus. Seems time consuming though.

Last edited by wdwmom0f3; 04-24-2012 at 10:26 AM.
wdwmom0f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #35
Robin&Marian+2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post

Robin&Marian+2, you are very welcome. I'm about to read some more to hunt for more helpful tips. If you find any on here please post, even if you think it's silly. It may help someone.
I have just one. I've been told that the coffee makers are cone shaped, not basket shaped like the WDW property coffee makers.
Robin&Marian+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #36
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin&Marian+2 View Post
I have just one. I've been told that the coffee makers are cone shaped, not basket shaped like the WDW property coffee makers.
Correct. However they had filters ther for us to use. You will want ot bring some coffee if you want to make your own. Starbucks is served at several of the food locations and there is an actual Starbucks in The Grand.
skateshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #37
Beemitchcowski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateshome View Post
Correct. However they had filters ther for us to use. You will want ot bring some coffee if you want to make your own. Starbucks is served at several of the food locations and there is an actual Starbucks in The Grand.
Would you say there are enough filters to last an entire stay of 9 days? Thank you! If not..do you know what size the coffee pot is? 6-12 cups? Thanks.
Beemitchcowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #38
AeroKU
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
7.) Taxi fee calculator link.
http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando

Just a side note, it has been reported that if you use a taxi to go to a theme park, they charge the fee to park there too. Insane!! One way to get around the parking fee - get dropped off at a Disney resort and take their bus. Seems time consuming though.
I've heard that MEARS is the only cab company that can drop off at the parks without having to pay the $14 parking fee. If you are going to use a cab, use MEARS.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #39
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemitchcowski View Post
Would you say there are enough filters to last an entire stay of 9 days? Thank you! If not..do you know what size the coffee pot is? 6-12 cups? Thanks.
Probably not for all 9 days. There were probably about 6 filters. It was a 12 cup pot.
skateshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #40
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

One thing that surprised us- Why I am not sure, just wasnt expecting it. We had an 8 night rental. We checked in on a Friday and when we returned back to our room late the following Friday, housekeeping had been there. It seemed a little odd to go to all the trouble since we were checking out the next morning. They even put up the rollaway bed we had left down (including blankets in the closet) so we had to remake the bed.

If you plan on using the rollaway, you may want to bring your own bedding or you will probably have to call the front desk. We only had one pillow, one blanket, and one mattress pad for the bed-no sheets??

Great resort though, we enjoyed our stay
Old 04-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #41
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateshome View Post
Woo hoo!! We LOVE our good coffee in the mornings and a nice decaf at points throughout the day. And the cone coffee makers make better coffee than the flat bottom. We get like 400 filters for $4.00 at Costco so I will just bring a stack with me. :-) And of course a bag of Starbucks to brew in the mornings.

But I am glad to hear they have actual outlets on property too! Sometimes we want just one cup or a decaf and it will be great to be able to grab that when we want!

Can't WAIT for my vacation..............
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #42
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKU View Post
I've heard that MEARS is the only cab company that can drop off at the parks without having to pay the $14 parking fee. If you are going to use a cab, use MEARS.
Thanks for the advice. Will be sure to use Mears!

If using a taxi to the parks, do they drop you off at the entrance?

We've always stayed on-site (well except for once when my kids were young - about a gazillion years ago.... Now we take the grandkids - and they don't know how spoiled they are! lol!).
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #43
2CMickey
Earning My Ears

just returned from WBC

Just returned this evening from WBC abd it was amazing!!! Loved the whole experience. The only thing different we would do next time is to schedule some free days to really enjoy the resort.

Coffee filters are coned shape and they give you about 6.

We were in a 3 bedroom deluxe in building 4, room 1163 and had perfect firework view. Will definetly stay in that room again.

Booked through vacation stradegy and everything was amazing and went smoothly. We arrived at 1:15 for 4:00 check in and they called us an hour later that our room was ready.

We drove to the parks each day as it was easier to come and go. We had a group of 8.

Walmart is not far from WBC and they sell TONS of Disney stuff at a great price. Perfect for tee shirts, pins, autograph books, etc. Much cheaper than in the parks.

They supply dish soap, 4 or 5 laundry packs, paper towels, garbage bags, sponge, dishwasher soap 4 or 5. In the lobby store they sell additional packs for $.50 well worth it.

Pools with slides, kids have to be 48" and must be able to swim. Pools, lazy rivers and hot tubs were great. The pools closed at midnight, so late night hot tub soaks were relaxing.

If you have any questions, lmk.

Planning our next trip!!!

2CMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #44
Libby
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful thread. We are most likely staying here for 15nights from the 24th November. With 2 teenagers we thought extra space and a bed for all would be a good move. Plus just 2 of us are early risers. Thanks so much for all the wonderful tips.

DL '92, DL '97, WDW '99 , DL '00, WDW '02, WDW/DCL '04, DL '07, DL '11, WDW Nov/Dec '12

Last edited by Libby; 04-28-2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: To subscribe to thread
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #45
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Subbing. This is a great thread We are strongly considering a condo here or at Windsor Hills for our next WDW trip; but I am really starting to lean towards Bonnet Creek because of the location and the fact that there are ways to get a great deal to stay here. On our way to DTD, the bus passed by Bonnet Creek and we were pleasantly surprised by the fact that it really is (unofficially) on Disney property! Commuting from here to the parks will be a breeze! It will also be really nice to have my own washer and dryer to throw in a load of laundry when needed and not having a week's worth of dirty laundry for six people to do when we get back home
We probably won't use the kitchen a lot, but it will definitely come in handy for morning breakfasts and for when I need to throw together a quick, easy homemade dinner on evenings when we don't feel like eating at a restaurant.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote