Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Not sure if I should post this or not.......

But if you are going to use the shuttle service get a schedule from The Grand (the hotel) as well. Most times are the same BUT there are some the will really help (see 1:00pm return time from MK) and if the WBC regular shuttle is packed there may be an empty "Grand" shuttle right behind it. If you are in Building 3 it has the closest drop off point as well.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #17
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateshome View Post
Not sure if I should post this or not.......

But if you are going to use the shuttle service get a schedule from The Grand (the hotel) as well. Most times are the same BUT there are some the will really help (see 1:00pm return time from MK) and if the WBC regular shuttle is packed there may be an empty "Grand" shuttle right behind it. If you are in Building 3 it has the closest drop off point as well.
That really is a great idea. I didn't know they had their own shuttle. We plan to drive, but if DH wants to head back before us this could be helpful. Thanks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #18
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
That really is a great idea. I didn't know they had their own shuttle. We plan to drive, but if DH wants to head back before us this could be helpful. Thanks!
No problem....
The schedule for the Grand is much more limited BUT there are a few times
that it helped a lot.

Just having double buses was nice. One night DW was about to get on a packed bus at the MK with DD x 2 (I was trying to figure out how I was going to get a double stroller on there) and The Grand bus comes pulling up right next to us.

Jumped on....closer drop off back at WBC...got schedule the next day.

Last edited by skateshome; 04-21-2012 at 11:19 PM.
skateshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #19
AeroKU
Mouseketeer

We will be flying in and renting a car at the airport. Is there a car rental service at WBC? I read in a review that they had this, but want to be sure. I was planning on driving in to WBC, dropping off bags, then returning the car to DTD area that same day. Then I am going to go back to DTD the day we leave, pick up a rental, drive back to airport and drop off there.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #20
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKU View Post
We will be flying in and renting a car at the airport. Is there a car rental service at WBC? I read in a review that they had this, but want to be sure. I was planning on driving in to WBC, dropping off bags, then returning the car to DTD area that same day. Then I am going to go back to DTD the day we leave, pick up a rental, drive back to airport and drop off there.
That seems like a lot of work and expense. Could you get a taxi or have you checked to see if te have a shuttle from the airport to save you some time? There has got to be a better and cheaper way unless your rental is free.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #21
AeroKU
Mouseketeer

More than likely, we will be driving in from Sanford airport, rather than MCO (flights out of our city only go to Sanford). That airport is about 1 hour from WBC. It looks like I can rent a car from Avis for just that day for about $50 and return it to the Hilton at DTD. That will also allow us to stop for groceries on the way in. I'm assuming a cab would be pretty expensive and the car service for round trip is about $300.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #22
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKU View Post
More than likely, we will be driving in from Sanford airport, rather than MCO (flights out of our city only go to Sanford). That airport is about 1 hour from WBC. It looks like I can rent a car from Avis for just that day for about $50 and return it to the Hilton at DTD. That will also allow us to stop for groceries on the way in. I'm assuming a cab would be pretty expensive and the car service for round trip is about $300.
Gotcha! In that case yes, that would be cheaper for ya. i have not seen anything about car rentals services at BC so I bet that is what you wil have to do.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #23
skateshome
Mouseketeer

If you are going to Epcot...
Consider getting off the shuttle at MK (TTC) and taking the Monorail to Epcot.
About the same amount of time and the monorail drops you off much closer
at Epcot than the shuttle. On the return trip this may not work as well because the shuttle picks up at MK at then picks up at Epcot before returning to WBC.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #24
AeroKU
Mouseketeer

Booked a 2 Room Condo for 11/11-11/18. Last time we stayed at Saratoga Springs, which was really nice. How does WBC compare? We will have a 5yr old, 3yr old and a 1yr old and will be going to the parks every day. How is the shuttle service? Any other tips for WBC first timers? Also, I want to make sure we get a great room with the fireworks view. Sounds like I should request Building 2? How early can I call to put in that request?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #25
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

How much clothes washing detergent do they give you at at time? We are a family of 6 and will need a few packets just to do a couple of loads and a load of towels. Will they give you multiple packs at a time and what kind of detergent do they supply? Just wondering if it would be easier to just buy a jug of detergent when we get groceries.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA/1 night at ASM
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (23) DS(18) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!

blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #26
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
How much clothes washing detergent do they give you at at time? We are a family of 6 and will need a few packets just to do a couple of loads and a load of towels. Will they give you multiple packs at a time and what kind of detergent do they supply? Just wondering if it would be easier to just buy a jug of detergent when we get groceries.
I plan to bring my own because I am picky about it. My guess is that it would only be enough for one or two loads though. I have read that they will bring you more if you request some, and then I also read where they will charge you for it. I need to find this out for sure and post it here.

There is another Bonnet Creek thread with people who have been that can answer any questions. That's where I am asking mine. I am trying to post helpful tips here so they will be easy to find, so if you find out anything helpful please post it here. I am planning our very first trip to Bonnet Creek and I'm excited!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #27
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Arrow More new tips!!

1.)Pool towels now have to be checked out and returned or you'll get charged.

2.)The little "pool side" shops only take cash or hotel charge, no credit cards.

3.) Just be sure to know what parks have morning EMH and skip those and be at rope drop with everyone else. You will find you still have an empty park for an hour or so.

Last edited by wdwmom0f3; 04-23-2012 at 09:48 AM.
wdwmom0f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #28
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I plan to bring my own because I am picky about it. My guess is that it would only be enough for one or two loads though. I have read that they will bring you more if you request some, and then I also read where they will charge you for it. I need to find this out for sure and post it here.

There is another Bonnet Creek thread with people who have been that can answer any questions. That's where I am asking mine. I am trying to post helpful tips here so they will be easy to find, so if you find out anything helpful please post it here. I am planning our very first trip to Bonnet Creek and I'm excited!!!
I will probably just buy my own. Six people generate A LOT of laundry I would hate to have to keep bugging housekeeping for more. Post if you find out anymore info about the detergent, though
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA/1 night at ASM
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (23) DS(18) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!

blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #29
skateshome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Post if you find out anymore info about the detergent, though
We had about 4 packs (1 load) laying on the floor next to the washer.
Same with dishwasher.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #30
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateshome View Post
We had about 4 packs (1 load) laying on the floor next to the washer.
Same with dishwasher.
Thanks!!