Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #76
jennykay
Mouseketeer

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like butterflies on me! Yikes!

The Boardwalk is so beautiful at night. We ate dinner there in 2008 (at Spoodles? I don't remember the name but it was really good!) and then walked around a little. Just gorgeous! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and see more pics!

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
Old 04-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #77
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I'm so glad you stayed at the Boardwalk! Now I can ask you about all the food and food options that are there! We have decided to do a rest/down day and exploring the Boardwalk area and a stop at Beaches and Cream is going to be part of that day!

It all looks so inviting, I can't wait!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #78
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Ahhh! A perfect way to start the trip! Thinking about your quick dip into Epcot makes me want to re-analyze my October trip plans...we are thinking of doing something similar on arrival day...just hitting up those simple attractions that never have a line is a great way to start!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 04-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #79
Maestra99
Mouseketeer

I find it crazy, too, when people refuse to sit during a ride. Once, on the Safari at AK, a man kept standing up to take pictures (and actually for most of the ride), so instead of seeing the animals on one side of the vehicle, my poor husband had this guy's rear end in his face... . We said something to him a few times, but he didn't speak English and acted like he didn't understand us despite what I thought were obvious hand motions. We probably should have been a little more aggressive with our message. We kept hoping the driver would see him in the rear-view mirror and tell him to sit, but she NEVER looked back. So yeah, you'd think it would be common sense AND common courtesy, but lots of people in this world have neither! Oh well, it didn't spoil the magic; we just used it as an excuse to ride again!

Anyway, beautiful photos, especially of the BW! That would be such a magical place for a wedding; how lucky! Love the story of the mom telling the daughter the bride was a princess. Maybe that little girl will grow up with dreams of having her own Disney wedding!

198? ~~ 1999 ~~ July 2009 Honeymoon @ AKL ~~ Sept. 2010 POP ~~ Nov. 2010 quickie trip @ Swan Feb. 2011 solo trip : ~~ Oct. 2012 @ POFQ!!
Blair | Dave | Miles 8/13/11 | Ozzy
Old 04-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #80
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

to going on JIIWF! I hate how I seem to always miss that ride. I mean, the last time I was there, I stood outside of it for a minute trying to see if I could see the original ImageWorks on the inside. Poor little abandoned ImageWorks... I totally agree on what you say about the original, it was SOOO much better, they need to bring Dreamfinder and Figment back together (the ORIGINAL Figment, not the current one) Love your little Figment you made at whatever-they-call-the-NEW-ImageWorks-because-it-isn't-ImageWorks, very festive! :D So nice of you to send it home to your sisters

Oh wow, there really is not many people there. I mean... usually when I go on Living with the Land there isn't really anyone, but based on how late in the day you are, that seems very empty. Love the EPCOT logo embedded into the plants, must look out for that next time I'm there LOL @ the CMs telling people to sit down! Don't people read the signs? The nerve of some people...

Another big thumbs up for the Seas With Nemo and Friends! Love that movie, too and it's coming out in 3D? OH I MUST see that, seeing Dory make her whale calls in 3D will be awesome haha And I saw the new pictures and videos of AoA! Oh, it looks awesome! I'm really going to try to get my parents to stay there next time in the World (to show there is so much more than the Deluxe resorts )

Oh my gosh, the Frogfish! Love that guy. Actually, speaking of him, a few days ago I went to an aquarium and saw this Imax 3D movie about the seas (narrated by Johnny Depp AND Kate Winselt might I add) and they showed a Frogfish. I freaked out! It was pretty hilarious lol Though, I think Frogfish are supposed to look like sponges... it's blurry, but was the one you took a picture of sponge-like? to the Stacey Quote and that's so cool how you saw all these divers, I've never seen so many in the tank at once, usually just once and they are doing maintenance or whatever. You got a lucky to see them in their actual element! :D

Oh, the BoardWalk looks so pretty at night! These are exactly the reasons why I want to stay at one of the EPCOT resorts so I won't be so confined to just the resort and the pool, but enjoy another element, walking around the BoardWalk as well. That's so sweet you got to see a Bride and Groom walk by, must've been a lovely wedding to have it in Disney And IllumiNations from your room, awww how nice!

Sounded like you had a great first day, can't wait to hear more about the rest of the trip!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #81
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Aww....I love Finding Nemo too! It's just one of those movies that I never get tired of watching. I'm so excited that it's coming out in 3D this fall!! Even though we are not staying at AoA this summer, we're definitely going to make a point to go visit the resort and take lots of pictures!! I can't wait!:

You got some amazing pictures of the Boardwalk all lit up. It's so beautiful at night!!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #82
Britard
Mouseketeer

I'm Late, but joining in!

My daughter hates butterflies landing on her too, so reading about your visit to the butterfly garden made me laugh!

Me DH DD DD DS

Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW
Old 04-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #83
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a nice visit to Epcot. It is so nice to be able to just walk back to your resort when you are ready. The Boardwalk is so beautiful, both during the day and at night. Great start to your vacation.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #84
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Unfortunately I never got to experience to original Imagination ride. WAH. Actually I've never done the new version either but... hahah you know what I mean.

OH that's awesome! I won't lie, I don't think I would have realized that it said Epcot if you hadn't said anything.

YES I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT ART OF ANIMATION! I think I'm gonna just flip OUT about the Little Mermaid section when it opens... and the Lion King too! AH it's amazing.

Can't help it, that frogfish creeps me the heck out. "Fish fish fish, everywhere fish."

I would loooooove to get married at Disney too. That lucky girl.
Well, the good news about the new one is that atleast Figment is back but it does not compare to the original. Not even close.

haha, I blame it on the angle. Maybe if I had stood up it would've been easier to read.

I think the Cars section looks great. The only bad thing is that it seems like most of the sections are all the family suites. I get they wanted to accommodate larger families but if I ever go there I don't need a family suite. I think the Little Mermaid is the only section with regular rooms.

Yep, that's the line. Gotta love Stacey. But the frogfish is way too weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I thought they stopped the Dive Quest, guess not. I think they stopped the swimming with the Dolphins. You can only do the petting of dolphins, no more scuba diving with them.
Have you ever eaten at the resturant connected to the Aquarium, I forgot the name. We were going to try and eat their for lunch, but it was closed at noon.
No, we've never eaten there. Not much of a seafood person. It would be cool though to watch the fish while you eat. Whenever I hear a reference to Coral Reef I always think of the Disney Full House episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
I love seeing pictures of the Boardwalk as I have never actually managed to get over there. That will be a goal for my next trip!

If I were to ever get married I would love to have a Disney wedding.
AHH you have to go over there! Just go sometime when you're at Epcot. It's so easy to get to. I hope you decide to visit!

ME TOO. I just saw a picture the other day of someone who had an early morning wedding at the MK in front of the castle. AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
All caught up, wonderful start of the trip. I really want to get to all the DVC resorts, but I just can't tear myself away from AKV.
I think you should try a different DVC resort. We're getting close to having been to all of them and each one is so unique. I honestly have a hard time picking a favorite. Plus, if you don't like one of them, you can always go back to AKV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I saw all of the pictures of the new Art of Animation resort too and think it looks amazing.

I miss the original Imagination so bad. I go on the new one only so I an have a memory of the original.
Yeah, I only like the new one because of Figment. The best part is the end when they have all the different Figments and play "One Little Spark." I am so afraid they're going to ruin Test Track and it'll be like another JII!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
YAY---I guessed it right---You were headed to Imagination w/Figment! Just a smart (Disney) geography student!

Boardwalk is beautiful all lit up for the night. When we stayed at Yacht Club, our room looked out toward the Boardwalk, and it was so pretty to see.

Can't wait to hear how Easter Sunday goes.
Yup, good guess!

It was neat looking out our window and seeing the Yacht and Beach Club across the lake. The whole resort area is so scenic.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #85
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykay View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like butterflies on me! Yikes!

The Boardwalk is so beautiful at night. We ate dinner there in 2008 (at Spoodles? I don't remember the name but it was really good!) and then walked around a little. Just gorgeous! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and see more pics!
Spoodles could be it-but I think that's what is now the Cat Cora place? We like to eat at the ESPN Club and I always enjoyed walking around the Boardwalk when we were there. It was great to be able to do that so frequently on this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'm so glad you stayed at the Boardwalk! Now I can ask you about all the food and food options that are there! We have decided to do a rest/down day and exploring the Boardwalk area and a stop at Beaches and Cream is going to be part of that day!

It all looks so inviting, I can't wait!
Ooh, that sounds like a good plan. We used to do rest days but now that we only ever stay a week tops we don't do that anymore. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Ahhh! A perfect way to start the trip! Thinking about your quick dip into Epcot makes me want to re-analyze my October trip plans...we are thinking of doing something similar on arrival day...just hitting up those simple attractions that never have a line is a great way to start!
It does work out really well. Then it frees up your other days too so you can just go through the parks at a relaxed pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestra99 View Post
I find it crazy, too, when people refuse to sit during a ride. Once, on the Safari at AK, a man kept standing up to take pictures (and actually for most of the ride), so instead of seeing the animals on one side of the vehicle, my poor husband had this guy's rear end in his face... . We said something to him a few times, but he didn't speak English and acted like he didn't understand us despite what I thought were obvious hand motions. We probably should have been a little more aggressive with our message. We kept hoping the driver would see him in the rear-view mirror and tell him to sit, but she NEVER looked back. So yeah, you'd think it would be common sense AND common courtesy, but lots of people in this world have neither! Oh well, it didn't spoil the magic; we just used it as an excuse to ride again!

Anyway, beautiful photos, especially of the BW! That would be such a magical place for a wedding; how lucky! Love the story of the mom telling the daughter the bride was a princess. Maybe that little girl will grow up with dreams of having her own Disney wedding!
Yeah, I have a feeling most of those instances where CMs have to keep telling people to sit down are when they don't speak English. We had the same thing happen once on a safari. I'm surprised the CM didn't notice though!

I was honestly surprised we didn't see more weddings happening because it seems like a pretty popular spot for a WDW wedding. But yeah, such a great place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
to going on JIIWF! I hate how I seem to always miss that ride. I mean, the last time I was there, I stood outside of it for a minute trying to see if I could see the original ImageWorks on the inside. Poor little abandoned ImageWorks... I totally agree on what you say about the original, it was SOOO much better, they need to bring Dreamfinder and Figment back together (the ORIGINAL Figment, not the current one) Love your little Figment you made at whatever-they-call-the-NEW-ImageWorks-because-it-isn't-ImageWorks, very festive! :D So nice of you to send it home to your sisters

Oh wow, there really is not many people there. I mean... usually when I go on Living with the Land there isn't really anyone, but based on how late in the day you are, that seems very empty. Love the EPCOT logo embedded into the plants, must look out for that next time I'm there LOL @ the CMs telling people to sit down! Don't people read the signs? The nerve of some people...

Another big thumbs up for the Seas With Nemo and Friends! Love that movie, too and it's coming out in 3D? OH I MUST see that, seeing Dory make her whale calls in 3D will be awesome haha And I saw the new pictures and videos of AoA! Oh, it looks awesome! I'm really going to try to get my parents to stay there next time in the World (to show there is so much more than the Deluxe resorts )

Oh my gosh, the Frogfish! Love that guy. Actually, speaking of him, a few days ago I went to an aquarium and saw this Imax 3D movie about the seas (narrated by Johnny Depp AND Kate Winselt might I add) and they showed a Frogfish. I freaked out! It was pretty hilarious lol Though, I think Frogfish are supposed to look like sponges... it's blurry, but was the one you took a picture of sponge-like? to the Stacey Quote and that's so cool how you saw all these divers, I've never seen so many in the tank at once, usually just once and they are doing maintenance or whatever. You got a lucky to see them in their actual element! :D

Oh, the BoardWalk looks so pretty at night! These are exactly the reasons why I want to stay at one of the EPCOT resorts so I won't be so confined to just the resort and the pool, but enjoy another element, walking around the BoardWalk as well. That's so sweet you got to see a Bride and Groom walk by, must've been a lovely wedding to have it in Disney And IllumiNations from your room, awww how nice!

Sounded like you had a great first day, can't wait to hear more about the rest of the trip!
Oh yeah, the new ImageWorks don't even compare to the original either. Good thing we have some old home videos of my sisters and I playing there, and also a little footage from the ride. Ahh memories.

I am excited for Finding Nemo in 3D. We went to see Chimpanzee on Saturday and they had a preview for it. I don't usually care for 3D movies but I think I'll make an exception to see this one.

I think that's why I was so interesting in watching the divers-it's not every day you see that many in there at once.

More to come soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Aww....I love Finding Nemo too! It's just one of those movies that I never get tired of watching. I'm so excited that it's coming out in 3D this fall!! Even though we are not staying at AoA this summer, we're definitely going to make a point to go visit the resort and take lots of pictures!! I can't wait!:

You got some amazing pictures of the Boardwalk all lit up. It's so beautiful at night!!
Same here. I just love it and the animation is great. Love the coral reef scenes!

Thank you! It really takes on a whole different feel at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
I'm Late, but joining in!

My daughter hates butterflies landing on her too, so reading about your visit to the butterfly garden made me laugh!
Welcome!

haha yeah, I just don't get why you would want a butterfly crawling on you. Eww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Sounds like you had a nice visit to Epcot. It is so nice to be able to just walk back to your resort when you are ready. The Boardwalk is so beautiful, both during the day and at night. Great start to your vacation.
Yes it is! So much faster than the buses.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #86
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay for going on Journey into Imagination first, I love Figment, but I miss the original! And the Seas with Nemo is always fun!

The Boardwalk at night is so pretty, it looks like such a fun place to stay! I'm feeling a tiny bit of regret at not booking the Boardwalk instead of the Beach Club for my upcoming trip!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #87
wdwgirl03

Sunday, April 8, 2012...HAPPY EASTER!!!

I always enjoy doing the first update of our first full park day. Even though we had visited Epcot Saturday night, I feel like the magic really began on Easter. Nothing beats waking up that first morning and knowing you'll be going to the Magic Kingdom!

Easter Sunday was one of the days the MK was going to be having EMH at 7:00 am (it was opening at 7 every day that week). When Dad and I went back in 2010, we did the 7 am opening on our first day and it was amazing how much we were able to accomplish in just a couple short hours. I should mention that originally, the MK did NOT have the 7 am EMH but thankfully they changed it-I know not many people would enjoy getting up when it's still dark out but there's something exciting about it and I was very happy when they did change the hours. So anyway, we were up by 5:30 and ate our usual breakfast in the room. I forgot to mention that Saturday night, before returning to our room we did a little grocery shopping and picked up some cereal, milk, orange juice and mini muffins. We take advantage of having that mini refrigerator in the room to store stuff-and that way we get cheap breakfasts for a week. Just another tip if you're looking to save some money. By 6:00, we were ready to go!

Since it was still dark out we both took a light jacket/sweatshirt. Those early mornings can be a bit on the cool side until the sun comes up!

We didn't have to wait too long for a bus. I can't remember if anyone else got on at the Boardwalk but by the time we had stopped at the Swan and Dolphin there were a couple other families on board. So we weren't the only crazy people (or the only ones skipping out on church...)!

Before long we arrived at the Magic Kingdom.

Another fun thing about those super early openings is that all the lights are still on.

When we got through security, they hadn't started letting people through the turnstiles yet but I'd say there were maybe a couple people at each one. Hardly anybody was there. Normally we tend to stay to the left side of the train station so when they drop the rope we can get in a little faster. But since there wasn't really anyone to compete with, we stayed toward the middle of the plaza so we could watch the opening show. In the meantime, we just soaked up the atmosphere of finally being back at the Magic Kingdom. I just love watching all the other families, taking pictures, seeing their excitement, and of course listening to the background music. Which speaking of that, I think I need to provide some. It's hard to put into words but I usually find myself thinking about all of these trips we've taken over the years and all of the great memories. It really is a magical, happy place.

Magic Kingdom Entrance Music

(ok, so that whole music loop is over an hour but doesn't it make you want to be there right now?)

Anyway...as I was saying, there was hardly anybody there.

But we were getting closer to the opening show!

Then the welcome song started and we were greeted by the mayor of Main Street USA! He and his friends were very happy to see everyone. (click to play the video!)

I will never get tired of that song. Such a great way to start the morning!

Time for Casey Jr...Mickey was on his way!

another video...

I love his little wave at the end. Why Mickey, are so you adorable?!

Mickey had some other special friends to help celebrate the holiday (sorry for the blurry pictures).

Then Mickey led the countdown and the park was open! Good morning, Cinderella Castle.

We started off the morning with our usual visit to Tomorrowland for a ride on Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. We wouldn't have it any other way! After quickly getting those two headliners out of the way, we decided to bypass the speedway and Astro Orbiter for the time being and head toward Fantasyland. The new Storybook Circus had just officially opened and I was anxious to see it!

Prince Eric's castle. Supposedly the Little Mermaid ride will be opening around the holidays, which is all the more reason now why I NEED to go after Christmas.

A sign welcomed us to the Circus.

Now, obviously there are still quite a few walls up since even Storybook Circus isn't completely finished so the area was pretty small. But the theming was so fun! It was pretty difficult to even picture what it looked like before the construction started.

The newly themed Barnstormer.

I really wanted to ride the new Dumbo so we stopped there first. Dad asked if we could each ride separately which the CM allowed. It might have been a different story had more people been there. So we each got a token and got to fly our own elephant.

The new centerpiece:

Off we go!

I love all the colors and details.

It was also fun getting to see over the construction walls a little bit. Here you can see where the other side of Dumbo will be and some more of Prince Eric's Castle (and I think the new Snow White ride?).

I'm going to miss some of the old attractions but when the entire expansion is done it's really going to be pretty amazing. Not to mention HUGE.

In keeping with the circus theme, there were plenty of cute posters advertising some of the performances in the circus.

Dad also wanted to ride the Barnstormer so we did that. I'm not quite sure though how we managed to both squeeze into the seat. Atleast it's a short ride.

Another one of the fun posters:

Overall I was pretty impressed with the area. Yes, it is small (it'll probably be better when the walls come down) but the detailing is amazing. They even have animal tracks and peanuts embedded in the sidewalk. Gotta love it. Can't wait for the whole project to be done!

So, in the span of about an hour (maybe a little less even), we had already done four rides. Would we be able to keep up that pace? Stay tuned for more!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 04-30-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #88
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

How fun that the Easter Bunny was in the rope drop show

Isn't it great to get there early and have the park to yourself?! I love that!

Glad you enjoyed the improved Dumbo. It's looks cute

I hope you're able to get a lot more done before the crowds flood in!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #89
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I totally get what you mean about there being something exciting about getting up when it's still dark out! ESPECIALLY if you're at Disney.

I think I might actually pass out from excitement the first (20) time(s) I ride the Little Mermaid ride. And see Eric's castle for the first time. I love Eric.

The new Dumbo is so awesome. I love the colors!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #90
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

7am EMHs! I so would have been there! We are more of an early family than late, so that would have worked out awesome!

Beautiful shots while waiting, the sky has that Dawn color to it.

I think the new Dumbo looks so fresh, I really, really hope that the new Fantasy Land does a soft opening in early Nov, I'm afraid we are just going to miss the real opening!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: