Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #61
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm here!!!

What a view!!!!!!! Beaaaaaautiful! I loved staying at the Boardwalk and hearing the horns on the ships - it was sort of that muted sound...sigh. I could be there right now! Love, love, love the Boardwalk! I hope you did too.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 04-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #62
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestra99 View Post
Beautiful pictures! The Boardwalk is so lovely, and that's one heck of a view you had!! All the photos of the F&G festival is really making me want to plan a spring trip sometime to check it out!

And for a guess for the first attraction, since you said you wanted to try some of the lesser FW attractions with little waits, I'm going to guess Living with the Land!
It sure was a great view. If you ever get a chance to go in the spring, do it! I always say how it's one of the best times to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
O.M.G. Heaven is an accurate description of that view...wow, you are so lucky to have been able to see that for a whole week!!

Wow, the Chimpanzee sand sculpture is crazy! I love how they do that every year for their new Disneynature film.

My guess for your first ride...this is a total guess but maybe Journey into the Imagination?
I know, there were times I'd look outside and not want to stop because I couldn't believe it!

I like how they always have something for the Disneynature movies too. My favorite was the dolphin topiaries they had for Oceans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Beautiful view from your room!

YAY for getting those APs. I love having those---Just knowing you have one means a trip can be around the corner at anytime!

As far as some low wait time FW attractions, I think you may be heading to Imagination/Figment! It's the first thing you're going to come to in FW coming from International Gateway!
I love having an AP. If only I lived closer to use it more. haha Next trip probably won't be until December. But if Emma gets accepted into the College Program again it might not be until next spring break (luckily Easter this year and next year fall within a calendar year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
I totally missed out when you started this one! I'm here now to follow along :good vibes

Fantastic view of the Boardwalk! You could've have dreamed of a better view! You got right to business once you get there, already going to Epcot! What a great way to start the trip. Beautiful pictures of the flowers. I wish our weather up here would decide what it's doing so we start seeing flowers like that. One day it's 70F the next it's 45F! So annoying. I'd like to put away my winter jacket for good!
Welcome Jen!

I know, right?! It really was perfect. I hear ya, the weather here has been crazy too. We had a mini warm streak back in March where we had temps in the upper 70s/80s and now it's more back to normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
That was definitely a great view that you guys had. The Boardwalk is just perfect for it's location. The fact that it's walking distance from Epcot is my favorite thing.

I haven't been to F&G in years. So beautiful to see the pictures.
I enjoy taking the buses but it was a nice change being able to walk to either Epcot or DHS and not have to wait. We could just go when we wanted!

Really?! In all your trips you haven't been to the F&GF for a while?! Well, hopefully you'll get a chance to go during that time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
Just for the record, our room number was 3029.

I had asked for a room on the 3rd floor because some of us (Sarah's Mom, sister Claire, and me) stayed in a 1 bedroom suite on the third floor on a trip in January 2010, and we loved the view we had from that room. I wanted to make sure we were up high enough to have a panoramic view, so I was pleased that the Boardwalk was able to satisfy that request.

I have a picture from the 2010 trip that shows exactly where our rooms were on that trip and on this one.

This picture was taken from one of the Friendship boats on Crescent Lake. Our room on the 2010 trip was on the third floor of the strip of rooms just to the left of the part of the building with the columns (the strip of rooms in yellow directly above the blue awning). Both of those balconies were part of that suite (one off the bedroom, the other off the living room).

Our room on this trip was in the exact same location on the right side of the part of the building with the columns; our balcony was the one further to the right. I couldn't have been happier with the location and the view.
I meant to say 3029...

I couldn't have been happier either with the location/view. Now whenever I see a picture of the Boardwalk I'll think of our room! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
WOW! What a view! I see that you really do get what you pay for! I so have to walk around the Boardwalk next time we are in Disney.

I just love seeing all the colorful photos from the Flower Festival. You took wonderful pictures!
Yes you do! It's such a fun area, especially at night when they have the entertainment.

Thank you! Glad you liked the pictures. There's plenty more to come!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #63
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
What a beautiful view you had!!! Love your pictures of the F&G Festival!! We're hoping to see Chimpanzee as well! We really enjoy the Disneynature films.
Thanks. We might try going to see the movie this weekend. We'll see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
That view ! I don't think I'd want to leave the room! I love the Flower Fest and I'm disappointed we missed it this year (1 week too early) so I'm enjoying your pics
Glad you liked the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Sarah's first hi-jack-"Let's just say, they didn't like the resort we stayed at "Yacht Club", nor "Storm-a-Long Bay".

Great view of Boardwalk. On Wednesday we left Epcot and Walked over to the Brewery for lunch-we had "buy one get one free". They sent us an e-mail for my dh's birthday.

Love the picture of Bambi, Thumper and Flower. They did such a good job capturing their personalities, especially "Flower", he looks so mad.
What?! How could they not like the Yacht Club or Stormalong Bay???

That's cool about getting buy one get one free. If I had known you were going to walk over to the Boardwalk I would've looked for you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwdiva93 View Post
Love your pictures from Epcot! The flower and garden festival is just so stunning, I love all the bright colors. That sand sculpture is so awesome too, I can't even imagine how they begin to make something like that!
And the view from your room is just breathtaking!! I would never close the curtains with a view like that!
I know, it's amazing how much variety they have in all those displays. It would be so fun to live around there and just walk around admiring everything.

haha, yeah, I found myself peeking out the curtains sometimes just to make sure it was real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh my gosh, what an amazing view! WOW. I don't think I'd ever get sick of that either!

I'm jealous of yall's APs hahaha. That sand sculpture is extremely impressive! That kind of stuff just blows my mind.

YAY, a shoutout! I love how they re-use the topiaries too! It's a lot better than just using them once and wasting all the pretty flowers and things, ya know? Your pictures are so beautiful! Ahhh the butterfly house would probably freak me the heck out though hahaha! I'm impressed that you were able to stay in so long.
I could not get over how great it was. Awesome!

LOL, the trick to the butterfly house is to just keep moving around. Then they can't land on you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Your view of the Boardwalk is amazing! If I didn't love the BC soooo much, I would totally switch our resort and stay there in May, but I can't drag myself away from BC!

I'm so excited for the Flower and Garden festival! Your pictures are so pretty! I'm staying far away from the butterfly house though...ugh, terrifying!
haha, well, you might get a similar view at the Beach Club!

Glad I'm not the only one afraid of the butterflies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
What a great view! I also didn't know that they had such awesome things like the butterfly room at the Flower and Garden festival. I'm going to guess Spaceship: Earth as your first ride?
They have a lot of special events/displays for the F&GF. It's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
The weather was absolutely GORGEOUS when we were there! I was so thrilled to be leaving the chilly NY weather we had been having. I liked that I could start the morning off with a light jacket. Just the perfect temperature! I was afraid it'd be hot, which would mean the Disneymoon would be unbearable. Thankfully, it was wonderful!

Where is Chik-Fil-A? Since this is our first MCO experience, it's going to be a doozy trying to navigate the place! Some chicken and waffle fries just seems like the perfect first meal! We don't have any Chik-Fil-A restaurants near us; the closest is in NJ, so we've only had it once! Haha, it'd totally be a meal we'd eat thinking about you!

Oh WOW, that view that you guys had is AMAZING!!! I could sit there all day long and just people watch (with food, of course, haha).

I know how much you love the Disneynature movies. Chimpanzee is the first one that has REALLY tugged me. I canNOT watch that trailer without getting teary-eyed! It hits me when it's like, "but now ... he's all alone" ... oh man, then they show him walking alone? AHHH, I can't! Haha, I'm so excited to see it! We were at Rafiki's Conservation Station, and I was going crazy over the Chimpanzee book, so a CM came over to talk to us. She said Jane Goodall was gonna be there that night for the big event. The CM was so excited; she said that she taught about her and she hoped to just get a glimpse of her (she was working at the event).
The weather couldn't have been more perfect. I was actually talking to my principal today (who was also there for spring break) and she said she couldn't believe how great it was.

Yeah, it can be a challenge getting around the airport, even for veterans like us. Last year when Claire and I were coming home we almost went to the wrong terminal. Thankfully the security guard caught that. Chick-Fil-A is sort of in between the two terminals, in the food court. I posted a link to a map for Kristen a couple posts back from the MCO website. It's always a great way to start off our trips.

Yup, that's what we would do a lot of afternoons when we came back from the parks. Dad liked to sit on the balcony and read and I'd just stand out there looking over everything. It was so fun people-watching!

Ooh, I know! I remember seeing the trailer at African Cats last year and feeling so sad for little Oscar. Atleast it turns out to be a happy story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Hi Sarah, looks like you are off to a good start. What a great view that you have from your BWV room.
Hi Judy! Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm here!!!

What a view!!!!!!! Beaaaaaautiful! I loved staying at the Boardwalk and hearing the horns on the ships - it was sort of that muted sound...sigh. I could be there right now! Love, love, love the Boardwalk! I hope you did too.
Hi Brook!

Ooh, I loved the horns too. Perfect. We really enjoyed staying at the BWV. I'd definitely stay there again if we get the chance.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #64
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

YAY! You've finally arrived at the BoardWalk. That is such a cool feeling when you finally get to stay at a resort you saw while on the ME and thinking "I wanna stay there, wouldn't that be cool to stay there?" Oh, love that feeling! And you got such a great view for your first stay in a dream resort. Wow, so pretty! One of the best views I've seen yet, so jealous

to getting your APs! Hopefully someday I will get my hands on those. Though I'm sorry to hear you had a little trouble when going into the park, but hey you got in! (: Love the Disneynature sand sculptures too. I've been really wanting to see Chimpanzee though I could never get anyone in my house to see it... well, maybe, we'll see I also love the topiaries for the F&GF too, so pretty! Really need to check more of it out though the next time I'm there. I don't think I could go to EPCOT without going to the F&GF after seeing all the lovely topiaries across my two trips. Maybe a birthday trip for my even sweeter 17th would work out this time *crosses fingers*

Can't wait to read more!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #65
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Hey Sarah,
I just found your thread I have to go catch up and ill be back
Old 04-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #66
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
YAY! You've finally arrived at the BoardWalk. That is such a cool feeling when you finally get to stay at a resort you saw while on the ME and thinking "I wanna stay there, wouldn't that be cool to stay there?" Oh, love that feeling! And you got such a great view for your first stay in a dream resort. Wow, so pretty! One of the best views I've seen yet, so jealous

to getting your APs! Hopefully someday I will get my hands on those. Though I'm sorry to hear you had a little trouble when going into the park, but hey you got in! (: Love the Disneynature sand sculptures too. I've been really wanting to see Chimpanzee though I could never get anyone in my house to see it... well, maybe, we'll see I also love the topiaries for the F&GF too, so pretty! Really need to check more of it out though the next time I'm there. I don't think I could go to EPCOT without going to the F&GF after seeing all the lovely topiaries across my two trips. Maybe a birthday trip for my even sweeter 17th would work out this time *crosses fingers*

Can't wait to read more!
Yes, it was exciting. Have I mentioned how much I love being in the Vacation Club? It's so great getting to stay at all of the different resorts.

I don't know what the deal was with the APs when we first tried to use them but after that we didn't seem to have any problems. If only they would do away with the finger scanners. I agree about the F&GF. It just makes visiting the park a whole different experience. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
Hey Sarah,
I just found your thread I have to go catch up and ill be back
Hi Colleen! Welcome.
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 04-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #67
marhs
DIS Veteran

subscribing! Can't wait to read AND SEE more!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #68
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by marhs View Post
subscribing! Can't wait to read AND SEE more!!!!
Welcome!! Next update is coming up!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 04-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #69
wdwgirl03

Saturday, April 7, 2012 cont'd (part 3)

After getting our first taste of the Flower and Garden Festival, it was time to enjoy some rides! Obviously we wouldn't be doing Soarin but late afternoon/early evening is a perfect time to do some of the other Future World attractions. I asked people for guesses on where our first stop was, and if you said Journey Into Imagination, you'd be correct. I figured we might as well just start there and work our way toward The Seas!

When we got there, I think we experienced the longest wait there ever for Imagination. Meaning there was maybe 15-20 people in front of us. haha The ride is cute and it's always fun seeing Figment but, as I say in every trip report, it doesn't compare to the original. I miss it. After visiting the Open House, Dad and I created our own Figments. Since it was Easter weekend, I gave mine a bunny theme:

Of course I had to email it to both of my sisters. It's always fun getting an email from WDW.

Once we were done creating our Figments, we continued on our way to the Land. I should note that one of the wait boards is right near there and really, with the exception of Soarin and Test Track, nothing had much of a wait at all. In fact, when we got to Living with the Land, there was maybe one other family on our entire boat. I always enjoy this ride-it's just so relaxing and fun to see all the different plants in the greenhouses.

I thought this was so cool. I could tell there was some sort of design in it but I have to admit it took a while to figure out it said "Epcot."

And while I don't have a picture of it, the ones on the other side of the boat were arranged in a giant Mickey head. Gotta love it. One of the oddest parts of the ride, though, was that multiple times a Cast Member had to make an announcement telling people to "please remain seated in your boat." It's always amusing when something like that happens, especially when it's multiple times. Maybe it's just me but it isn't that hard to follow a rule like that, especially when you think it would be common sense to not stand up on a moving ride vehicle. I could be wrong though...

Next up was the Seas with Nemo and Friends. We went on the ride first (most of the "wait" was just walking to get to the clamobiles) which is always cute. Finding Nemo is my absolute favorite Pixar movie. I will definitely be going to see it when it comes out in 3D this fall. And did you guys see all the new pictures of the Art of Animation resort?! The Nemo section looks so ADORABLE. I seriously need to stay there, or atleast go visit on my next trip. Anyway...

After the ride, Dad and I spent some time exploring the aquariums. There sure are some weird and crazy creatures if you take the time to look. Including this guy.

Lovely, isn't he? I think it's the frogfish. There were two strange creatures in the tank and Dad and I had some disagreement as to which one was the frog fish. They get their name because they hop rather than swim. That seems fitting.

We also saw plenty of fish. (Cue Stacey quote)

And one of my favorites, the dolphin!

There was a rather unusual species in the tanks too, one that I haven't seen all that much:

At the end of the ride I thought I saw a diver in the tank. As it turns out, the Seas were crawling with divers!

They must've been part of one of those tours where you can go scuba diving. The strange part is, I felt like I spent more time watching them than the fish! LOL. I thought it was weird how they were all swimming around and then they all went to stand on the bottom.

Once I pulled myself away from the divers, we went and found lots of Nemos.

I'll take one please.

One final picture of the Seas:

After the Seas, we decided to start walking back to the Boardwalk to get some dinner. So even though we weren't at the park all that long, I felt like we were off to a pretty good start. And we had the whole week ahead of us to look forward to.

When we got back to the Boardwalk all the lights were on, which is when it really starts to come alive.

One of the nice things about the BW is that there is no shortage of places to eat. Since we didn't really need all that much, we decided on pizza from the pizza window. I found a table while Dad went to get the food. As Dad was ordering, a bride and groom walked by. I think everyone who saw them was in awe, and I heard one mother tell her daughter she was a princess. How amazing to get married in Disney World. I mean, what better backdrop for a wedding and wedding pictures than a place like this?

Needless to say I was jealous. And here's just a random view from our table:

I think I was still in shock that we were actually going to be calling the Boardwalk our "home" for the next week.

After enjoying our pizza we stopped to watch one of the Boardwalk performers for a while. Then it was time to relax for the rest of the night. I htink Dad said it best though-another great thing about staying at the Boardwalk is that even when you're back in your room, you still feel like you're in the middle of the action. It was fun looking outside and seeing all the people down on the Boardwalk, enjoying a meal, riding surrey bikes or playing the games right beneath our window. Then at 9:00, we could hear and see Illuminations from our balcony. Yes, it was going to be a good week. And Sunday was going to be the first of many early mornings for us so it was time for bed!

up next: Easter Sunday at the Magic Kingdom!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 04-28-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #70
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately I never got to experience to original Imagination ride. WAH. Actually I've never done the new version either but... hahah you know what I mean.

OH that's awesome! I won't lie, I don't think I would have realized that it said Epcot if you hadn't said anything.

YES I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT ART OF ANIMATION! I think I'm gonna just flip OUT about the Little Mermaid section when it opens... and the Lion King too! AH it's amazing.

Can't help it, that frogfish creeps me the heck out. "Fish fish fish, everywhere fish."

I would loooooove to get married at Disney too. That lucky girl.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 04-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #71
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I thought they stopped the Dive Quest, guess not. I think they stopped the swimming with the Dolphins. You can only do the petting of dolphins, no more scuba diving with them.
Have you ever eaten at the resturant connected to the Aquarium, I forgot the name. We were going to try and eat their for lunch, but it was closed at noon.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #72
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I love seeing pictures of the Boardwalk as I have never actually managed to get over there. That will be a goal for my next trip!

If I were to ever get married I would love to have a Disney wedding.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #73
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

All caught up, wonderful start of the trip. I really want to get to all the DVC resorts, but I just can't tear myself away from AKV.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 04-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #74
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I saw all of the pictures of the new Art of Animation resort too and think it looks amazing.

I miss the original Imagination so bad. I go on the new one only so I an have a memory of the original.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #75
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

YAY---I guessed it right---You were headed to Imagination w/Figment! Just a smart (Disney) geography student!

Boardwalk is beautiful all lit up for the night. When we stayed at Yacht Club, our room looked out toward the Boardwalk, and it was so pretty to see.

Can't wait to hear how Easter Sunday goes.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: