Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #31
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a smooth arrival day so far! Yay for getting a real Magical Express bus!!!! Aww...there is nothing better than seeing the Walt Disney World sign! Love it! You got a great picture too! I still haven't got a good picture of it. Hopefully next trip!

Can't wait for more!

Old 04-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #32
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Just saw this pop up on the man TR page and so I clicked on it and now that I know that this is your TR of course I have to subscribe sorry i didn't see this or subscribe sooner but i'm hear and can't wait to hear about this trip
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #33
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I'm here! I didn't even see you started this! Now gotta go read!

The DIS has been so bad at notifications
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 04-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #34
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

another of your TR's! Isn't seeing that sign Disney sign for the first time the best feeling?!

I am really looking forward to your pictures of the Boardwalk! We have 5 months til we stay there and I'm counting on you to get me through
Old 04-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #35
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay Arrival day! Glad the weather for the week looked good, I'm hoping for the same forecast in 2 weeks! I love arriving in MCO, I always want to stop and look around, but I'm in too much of a hurry to get our bags and our car and get to Disney already!

Love the pictures of the welcome sign! I can't wait to be there soon!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #36
flafan
Mouseketeer

Great so far. I agree to Walt Disney Arch NEVER gets old. I just love it.
1997 Marriot World Center & Dixie Landings
1998 Fort Wilderness Campground - Cabins
1999 Marriot World Center - Boardwalk Villas
2000 Old Key West
2002 Marriot Cypress Harbour
2003 Marriot Cypress Harbour - Hard Rock Hotel-Club Level
2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Club Level - Royal Pacific Hotel
2006 Royal Pacific Hotel- Club Level - Vistana Villages
2008 Vistana Villages - Portofino Bay - Club level
2009 Sheraton National Hotel - Wash. DC Club Level
2013 July - Beach Club/Club Level
Old 04-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #37
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

YAY for your arrival day! I can't wait to see some pics of your room at Boardwalk and the view from it!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 04-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #38
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! I'm so excited! Is it weird that I thought of you when I had Chick-Fil-A the other night? Hahah I seriously did. I'm sorry I'm such a creeper. (That new clown guy looks like a creeper too.) Whatever hahah, anyways, I'm excited to hear all about it!

PS. I would have been excited to see the resorts for the first time too! Can't wait to see pics of the Boardwalk!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #39
archdandy
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! We might be staying at the Boardwalk for the first time in the fall so I'm excited to read all about it.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
Old 04-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #40
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm here.

I love the Boardwalk. Love love love. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #41
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Hey Sarah! I'm subbed and in

Great first update! There's nothing that can compare to the feeling of finally landing in MCO and hopping on the ME! Where is Chic-Fil-A in MCO? I've read almost all of your TRs and heard people raving about this place for years now...I need to try it!!!

Can't wait to hear more. That picture of the WDW entrance gates just drew tears from my eyes!!
Hi Kristen! Glad you're here.

Chick-Fil-A is located in the food court in the main terminal (where they have a bunch of shops and restaurants). I am not sure what side your flights usually come in from, but looking at the map, it is closer to the east side, which is gates 60-129. I found this map on the MCO website: just scroll over Chick-Fil-A and it shows you where it is.

Orlando International Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Sounds like a smooth arrival day so far! Yay for getting a real Magical Express bus!!!! Aww...there is nothing better than seeing the Walt Disney World sign! Love it! You got a great picture too! I still haven't got a good picture of it. Hopefully next trip!

Can't wait for more!
I just love seeing that sign. I was surprised the picture turned out as well as it did since I was in the middle of the bus. I guess having a good zoom helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
Just saw this pop up on the man TR page and so I clicked on it and now that I know that this is your TR of course I have to subscribe sorry i didn't see this or subscribe sooner but i'm hear and can't wait to hear about this trip
Yay, glad you're subscribed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'm here! I didn't even see you started this! Now gotta go read!

The DIS has been so bad at notifications
Hey Carey. Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
another of your TR's! Isn't seeing that sign Disney sign for the first time the best feeling?!

I am really looking forward to your pictures of the Boardwalk! We have 5 months til we stay there and I'm counting on you to get me through
Hi Dawn.

Oooh, did you change resorts? I thought you were staying at the Contemporary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay Arrival day! Glad the weather for the week looked good, I'm hoping for the same forecast in 2 weeks! I love arriving in MCO, I always want to stop and look around, but I'm in too much of a hurry to get our bags and our car and get to Disney already!

Love the pictures of the welcome sign! I can't wait to be there soon!
Hi Jen! Hopefully the weather will be nice for you-I know you've had a lot of rain on your last couple trips too. LOL, yeah, I get that-we usually don't do anything other than get our lunch before going to get the Magical Express!

I'm jealous your trip is coming up-man, I have a problem, I just got home and am already wanting to go back. I told my sister if she goes back for another DCP I am going with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafan View Post
Great so far. I agree to Walt Disney Arch NEVER gets old. I just love it.
Thanks! I love the arch too. When you see that you know you're home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
YAY for your arrival day! I can't wait to see some pics of your room at Boardwalk and the view from it!
Sadly I don't have any pictures from the room itself but I have plenty of our view!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I'm here!!! I'm so excited! Is it weird that I thought of you when I had Chick-Fil-A the other night? Hahah I seriously did. I'm sorry I'm such a creeper. (That new clown guy looks like a creeper too.) Whatever hahah, anyways, I'm excited to hear all about it!

PS. I would have been excited to see the resorts for the first time too! Can't wait to see pics of the Boardwalk!
haha, well, if you're a creeper then I am too because I think of certain DISers when I see things too.

Another update coming soon. I can't wait to share the pictures from the Boardwalk. I still can't believe I finally got to stay there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
I'm joining in! We might be staying at the Boardwalk for the first time in the fall so I'm excited to read all about it.
Welcome! That is exciting you might get to stay at the Boardwalk. It is such an amazing resort. Glad you're joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm here.

I love the Boardwalk. Love love love. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Hi Danielle!

Really, what is there NOT to love about the Boardwalk?!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #42
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post

Hi Dawn.

Oooh, did you change resorts? I thought you were staying at the Contemporary
We were doing a split stay between the BW and the CR. We just changed it though and we switched the GF for the CR
Old 04-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #43
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
We were doing a split stay between the BW and the CR. We just changed it though and we switched the GF for the CR
Oh, OK. That sounds great! I would love to stay at the Grand Floridian some day (maybe when they get the DVC units done).
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #44
wdwgirl03

Saturday, April 7, 2012 cont'd (part 2)

So after making our one stop at Port Orleans, we were shortly pulling into the Boardwalk. I remember a few years ago, our Magical Express bus was picking people up on the way back to the airport and I was thinking how it must be so nice to stay there. I have always enjoyed visiting the Boardwalk and was SO excited to finally get the chance to stay there. I couldn't wait to get off the bus!

As you can see in the picture, there was another ME bus at the stop (probably picking people up) so we had to wait a few minutes for that bus to pull out. Once the bus was gone, we hopped off, thanked our driver, and went to get our Welcome packet from the front desk. Dad had done online check-in beforehand so we were able to get our stuff pretty quickly. Though even if we hadn't done the online check-in, it wouldn't have taken that long because there were maybe a couple other families at most checking in at the same time. One of the CMs welcomed us and we chatted for a few minutes. I don't exactly remember how the conversation got started but we mentioned how Emma had done the College Program in the fall and worked at Hollywood Studios, and the CM was telling us how his daughter also worked there at the American Idol Experience (jealous). He was also telling us about Toy Story Mania and how it's so popular and that we'd need to get to the park early if we wanted to ride. Being the old pros we are, obviously we knew that but it was still fun talking with him for a few minutes. Then it was time to check out our room!

Our room was on the third floor, #3029. Once we found it, the first thing we did was check out the view. So we open the curtains, slide the door open, step outside and see...

HEAVEN. That's looking toward the right and then directly across Crescent Lake was a great view of the Beach Club.

I love how there were two Friendship boats crossing paths too. Below our balcony were a couple of the Boardwalk games.

Since I can't do a panoramic picture, how about a panoramic video? Just click to play.

Don't you just wish you could transport yourself there right now? I do! Dad asked me if I was satisfied, and boy was I ever. Let me tell you, that view never got old the whole week. Amazing!

Once we were done admiring all those wonderful sights (atleast for the moment) we went back inside. I got a text from Emma so I sent her a picture of the view too to give her a little Disney fix. We also called home to say that we made it to the resort. After a brief conversation Dad wanted to go explore the resort a little bit and get our bearings. Sadly I do not have any pictures from that.

The next order of business was to get our Annual Passes! We had both ordered them at home so we just needed to turn in our vouchers. We asked if they could do it at the resort, which they couldn't. They told us we'd need to go to one of the parks. No big deal, since we had two choices right within walking distance. So off to Epcot it was! The walk over to the International Gateway was perfect-the sun was shining and it wasn't too hot. Such a great way to start the trip.

It took a while for the CM to finally get our passes-I think she said she scanned one of the vouchers and then scanned the same one again, and then she entered all of our personal information in case the APs were somehow misplaced. But, eventually we had those new APs in hand and we were eager to use them right away. Both of us had issues with the finger scanner which was annoying considering they were brand-new tickets. Luckily, we didn't really have any other problems the rest of the trip.

Part of the reason we chose to go to Epcot was because I wanted to see some of the Flower and Garden Festival displays. We were also hoping to do some of the lesser Future World attractions that don't get huge waits in the late afternoon. As we made our way toward Future World, we spotted the Disneynature sand sculpture for the new movie, Chimpanzee.

I love all the Disneynature movies and definitely hope to see this one. The little baby chimp, Oscar, is too cute.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the Flower and Garden Festival? It is just amazing how Epcot becomes a different park with all of the bright colors. One of my favorites is always the big floral arrangement around the water. And then those little floating flower beds. How do they get those in there?!

As we continued on our way, I pointed out the Butterfly garden. Even though butterflies sort of freak me out, we went inside.

In addition to lots of butterflies, there are plenty more colorful flowers.

A sign in case you want to try to identify any of the butterflies.

The only ones I can identify are monarchs.

The garden was brimming with all sorts of flowers, plants, and of course, Bambi!

Shout-out to marDgreen88 right here because she just mentioned the Bambi topiaries in her TR from December. It's funny how they can mix the same topiaries with different plants to create two completely different displays!

Even though I've been to the F&GF several times now, I can never get over how gorgeous the displays actually are. Everything is just so vibrant and cheerful.

As we were leaving, I saw a butterfly sitting on one of the flowers. There was one guy taking a picture and I thought that I would try too. Here is my lame attempt at an artistic picture. I think the blurriness is a combination of the butterfly fluttering away, and also me running away because I was afraid it would land on me.

But now it was time to do some rides. Any guesses on what our first attraction would be?
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 04-23-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #45
Maestra99
Mouseketeer

Beautiful pictures! The Boardwalk is so lovely, and that's one heck of a view you had!! All the photos of the F&G festival is really making me want to plan a spring trip sometime to check it out!

And for a guess for the first attraction, since you said you wanted to try some of the lesser FW attractions with little waits, I'm going to guess Living with the Land!

198? ~~ 1999 ~~ July 2009 Honeymoon @ AKL ~~ Sept. 2010 POP ~~ Nov. 2010 quickie trip @ Swan Feb. 2011 solo trip : ~~ Oct. 2012 @ POFQ!!
Blair | Dave | Miles 8/13/11 | Ozzy

Last edited by Maestra99; 04-22-2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added 2nd part

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: