Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #16
FairyGodmothers Sis
Mouseketeer

Hello!
We've stayed at Boardwalk and love, love, love it! You just can't go wrong with that area.
Can't wait to hear more!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #17
sarahcor
Mouseketeer

My husband and I are considering Boardwalk for our 10 year anniversary, renting points. Can't wait read about your stay.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
I'm first! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and the Easter crowds!
Woo hoo, congrats on being first! Glad you're joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about it! (So jealous you got to go on a KTTK tour...)
Hey Timmy. KTTK was definitely a highlight for me (and probably Dad too). LOVED it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
I'm in!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
In.
I should really do a TR-I was so 'traumatized' last year with my sisters I didn't even want to think about that trip.
But it is more funny now, that a year has gone by.
Her 3 married dd's want to take me, not her when they take their kids to WDW.
Uh oh, traumatized?!

Stil bummed we didn't get a chance to meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestra99 View Post
I'm in!! Looking forward to reading about your adventures.
Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
I'm here!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!
Hi Angie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Joining in!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Here for the fun
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildAtHeart82 View Post
I'm here! Looking forward to your report!
Great! I'm looking forward to sharing it all with you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
Sarah's travel companion here to add my two cents worth here and there.
And add in anything if I forget. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post
I'm here the typical lurker! Can't wait to read all about another fantastic trip!!
Glad you're joining in again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
Fellow Wisconsinite joining in....
Woo hoo, nice to have another Wisconsinite reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykay View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmothers Sis View Post
Hello!
We've stayed at Boardwalk and love, love, love it! You just can't go wrong with that area.
Can't wait to hear more!
Hi there. I totally agree-it is such an amazing resort area and I'm so glad I finally got to stay at the Boardwalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahcor View Post
My husband and I are considering Boardwalk for our 10 year anniversary, renting points. Can't wait read about your stay.
Oooh, if you can rent points do it! You will not regret it. I have a bunch of pictures so maybe that will make the decision easier to make.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #19
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #20
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm in, can't wait to read about your trip and hear about the Boardwalk!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #21
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I already saw all the photos you posted on fb, they are amazing! Can't wait to hear the story that goes along with them!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #22
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahcor View Post
If you're considering it, you should definitely do it, especially if you can get a Boardwalk view. I loved the mid-afternoon rest breaks sitting on the balcony looking over Crescent Lake and reading a book.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #23
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I always find it so hilarious that our accounts of our trips can be so different even though we're there at the same time just because you can take advantage of EMH! I cannot WAIT to experience EMH during my honeymoon! Of course, the crowds won't be as bad then in the first place because it's May (other than the weekends for SWW), but I'm hoping we can enjoy some super early mornings OR some super late nights (Howard can work on nighttime photography as I eat more snacks, haha). Can't wait to read about this trip!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #24
Jeanne95
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! Spring break is over which means it's time for another trip report!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #25
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I always find it so hilarious that our accounts of our trips can be so different even though we're there at the same time just because you can take advantage of EMH! I cannot WAIT to experience EMH during my honeymoon! Of course, the crowds won't be as bad then in the first place because it's May (other than the weekends for SWW), but I'm hoping we can enjoy some super early mornings OR some super late nights (Howard can work on nighttime photography as I eat more snacks, haha). Can't wait to read about this trip!
Hi, Rachel.

Of course, in May there won't be as many AM EMH, and there won't be any as early as 7 AM. But, if you can do it, I really recommend that you try being at a park (especially the MK) for an 8 AM opening. There is something special about strolling through the park in uncrowded and cool conditions doing whatever attractions you want to do without hurrying. Then by the time the park starts to get more crowded, you will have all of the major attractions behind you and can move on to the lesser attractions, shopping, eating, seeing characters, taking pictures, etc.

Because I get up early all the time anyway, it's no hardship for me to be at a park by 7 or 8 AM. The tradeoff is that I have to have a break in the middle of the day (especially when it's hot) and I can't stay out and active too late more than once or twice during the week. But, the net result is a much more enjoyable trip, and this one was no exception.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #26
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yay you started!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #27
Bridora
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I still haven't finished the TR just before this one, but the more TRs to read the merrier, right? I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see your Boardwalk pictures!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 04-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #28
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!!
Great! Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm in, can't wait to read about your trip and hear about the Boardwalk!
Hey Jen! The Boardwalk was so great-I wish I could go back there right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwdiva93 View Post
Joining in! I already saw all the photos you posted on fb, they are amazing! Can't wait to hear the story that goes along with them!
haha, and I haven't even uploaded all of my pictures yet to facebook! Glad you enjoyed them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
If you're considering it, you should definitely do it, especially if you can get a Boardwalk view. I loved the mid-afternoon rest breaks sitting on the balcony looking over Crescent Lake and reading a book.
So glad we were able to get the Boardwalk view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
While the 7 am (or 8 am) extra magic hours seem super early, it's always worth it. It might sound crazy, but regular park openings at 9:00 seem so late! LOL. We've never really been to PM EMH but if you can do it I'm sure it'll be great. I will be anxious to hear about your honeymoon trip. Once you stay on site I don't think you'll want to do Disney any other way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne95 View Post
Hello everyone! Spring break is over which means it's time for another trip report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay you started!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
I'm here! I still haven't finished the TR just before this one, but the more TRs to read the merrier, right? I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see your Boardwalk pictures!
I agree, I have so many TRs to read. It's a great way to get a Disney fix in between trips.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #29
wdwgirl03

Saturday, April 7, 2012...ARRIVAL DAY!!!

OK everyone, time to get started! I always enjoy doing the first couple updates of a new trip report because it's almost as exciting as arrival day itself (almost). So here we go!

First off, I wanted to share this picture I took of the weather forecast the night before we left. So nice not to see any predicted rain! That's the Florida weather we love!

Our morning started off sort of early, though not nearly as early as a lot of our past trips (or even as early as some of the mornings once we GOT to Disney World!). Normally we get flights that leave Milwaukee around 7:30 or 8:00 but this trip our flight wasn't until 11:15 so I got to "sleep in". I was actually awake earlier because really, who can sleep when you know you're about to leave for DISNEY WORLD?!?! As excited as I was, a little part of me was also sad. See, I kept thinking about my sister Emma and how much she wanted to go because even though she's been home for 3 months, she STILL is in DCP withdrawl. I know I shouldn't have felt bad (especially since she was there for pretty much 4 months) but I did. Anyways...

Once I was up, I got ready and double-checked to make sure I had everything packed and ready to go. Then it was off to Mitchell International!

Mom came along to drop us off and we said our good-byes. The airport really wasn't too busy so we were able to get our bags checked quickly. While we were doing that, I noticed a family who also had those lovely yellow Magical Express tags on their suitcases. I don't know about other people, but I always get excited when I see those tags. Makes me want to shout, "I'm going to Disney World too!" So being nosy, I had to take a peek at their tags to see where they were staying-turns out they were going to Saratoga Springs. That made me a teeny bit jealous since that's our DVC "home" but I was SO looking forward to arriving at the Boardwalk.

The line at security wasn't very long either so we got through with plenty of time to spare. As Dad says, it's always nice once you make it through security because it's just a hassle. Atleast Milwaukee tries to make a joke out of it as they have a "Recombobulation Area" after all the scanners. haha

While we waited for our flight, Dad and I split a sandwich to hold us over until our traditional arrival day meal and I read a little bit of my Walt Disney World Trivia book that Claire gave me for my birthday. One of my favorite questions was: Where can you hear, "Flash photography? I wouldn't. It alters the homing signal and that's not good." Oh Dinosaur. Such a great Disney parks quote.

Our flight was a little late because the plane started off in Tampa and then went to Baltimore before arriving in Milwaukee (or something like that...), and I think there were some weather issues. But, it was nothing major, and as it turns out, we arrived in Orlando a little early.

(sorry for the bad picture-took this one on my phone!)

Ahh, MCO. So great to see you again! It's always exciting walking off that plane, riding the tram, and seeing all the theme park stores. I love it! Before heading off to get the Magical Express, Dad and I went to grab some lunch at Chick-Fil-A. As a lot of you know from my other TRs, this has become somewhat of a tradition for us. We don't stay at the airport though-we take our food with us so we can eat it on the bus. So with our food in hand, we then made our way to the Disney Welcome Center. I was wondering if it was going to be busier than it usually is (it seems like we hardly ever have to wait there-not that I'm complaining or anything!) since our flight was later and we didn't arrive until mid-afternoon, but nope. The place was pretty empty. There were a couple families waiting at one of the counters but we were able to get in line and were waved right onto a bus. YEAH!!!

Thankfully we got one of the real Magical Express buses and not one of the boring regular yellow Mears buses. It's the small things that make me happy. And I thought this waterpark bus was pretty cool.

(another lousy phone picture)

We might've waited 15 minutes or so before our bus pulled out and we were on our way. I enjoyed eating my chicken nuggets and watching the ME video as always. It wasn't too long before we could see one of the greatest sights ever:

WELCOME TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!!

Home at last. It never gets old driving under that arch and seeing all the familiar sights in Disney.

Our first stop on the Magical Express was Port Orleans. I was kind of excited to stop there, since we've never been to Port Orleans (even on the ME). Obviously you don't get a feel for the resort by just stopping there on the bus but it was still neat.

The bus was at most half-full, and a whole bunch of people got off there. Since the front of the bus was now open I told Dad to move up, mostly so I could get some better pictures as we got closer to the Boardwalk.

As we continued on our way and got closer to the Epcot resorts, I spotted the Tower of Terror looming in the distance.

And then...we reached Epcot Resorts Boulevard and pulled into our home for the next week. We made it to the Boardwalk!

up next: Checking in and our amazing Boardwalk view
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 04-19-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #30
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Hey Sarah! I'm subbed and in

Great first update! There's nothing that can compare to the feeling of finally landing in MCO and hopping on the ME! Where is Chic-Fil-A in MCO? I've read almost all of your TRs and heard people raving about this place for years now...I need to try it!!!

Can't wait to hear more. That picture of the WDW entrance gates just drew tears from my eyes!!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: