Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #61
nilla
The sky is falling!
 
nilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 1,216

BTW, I'm going to go back and read your DLP TRs. I've only ever been to WDW, so I'm intrigued to see the differences...
nilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #62
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger17 View Post
aww loving the new pram elsie has grown up so much since your first trip
Surprisingly she seems to like it to as we all have from her are meltdowns when we attempt to put her in her pushchair since she has been able to walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post
No worries - I've been exposed to enough British punk, Harry Potter and Monty Python to pretend to understand the lingo

We not only have Lucky Charms here in the States, but much cheaper, generic store-brands (like "Magic Treasures"). My daughter used to eat dry LCs. When we accused her of only eating the Charms (marshamallows), she replied, "no, I eat the Luckies, too!"

Anyway, great PTR. Can't wait until you actually get there!
I love lucky charms I cant wait to head to walmart for a few boxes of these delicious bites!

Ha that is funny I eat the luckies to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post
BTW, I'm going to go back and read your DLP TRs. I've only ever been to WDW, so I'm intrigued to see the differences...
There is quiet a big difference hope you enjoy them!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #63
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,371

57 days till ADRS

Time is really flying at the moment I cant believe we booked this trip 57 days ago and with 57 days to go till our 180 days (that's 237 till the actual trip) I have been busy considering ADR's. I am just guessing from last years park hours what our plans will be but at the moment it looks like this

Thursday January 31st
Arrival day.
Check in, head to Down town Disney, may be have a swim I am hoping to keep Elsie up till 7pm with hope she will sleep till a decent time in the morning. No ADR.

Friday February1st
Magic Kingdom.
The plan is for rope drop but who know's we might have been up all night and be napping then .
ADR - Crystal Palace lunch

Saturday February 2nd
Collect rental car and head to the malls
ADR - Cape May cafe Breakfast

Sunday February 3rd
Shopping lots of it
No ADR looking for some inspiration off site

Monday February 4th
Epcot
ADR - Akershus Breakfast

Tuesday February 5th
Hollywood Studios
ADR- None as of yet hoping to get one at Be Our Guest - Dinner

Wednesday February 6th
Magic Kingdom
ADR - Chef Mickey Breakfast

Thursday February 7th
Animal Kingdom
ADR - 1900 Happily Ever After - Dinner

Friday February 8th
Hollywood Studios
ADR - Hollywood and Vine Disney Junior - Lunch

Saturday February 9th
Water park Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Beach not sure which one will be open
ADR - O'hana - Breakfast

Sunday February 10th
Dave will be playing a round of golf Elsie and I will be shopping at Down Town Disney!
ADR - Cinderellas Royal Table - Dinner
I am going to add her royal highness package as we plan this ADR to be Elsie's birthday present/celebration. It will be exactly 1 month before Elsie's birthday so not technically her birthday, but on our last trip we saw people celebrating birthdays that were 6 months prior. Dave and I laughed about it all trip because what are you celebrating the birthday 6 months ago or the birthday in 6 months time!

Monday February 11th
Epcot
ADR - Garden Grill - Dinner

Tuesday February 12th (Mardi Gras)
Animal Kingdom
ADR - Tusker house - Breakfast

Wednesday February 13th
Magic Kingdom
ADR - 1900 Supercalifragilistic - Breakfast

Thursday February 14th Valentines day
Departure day
ADR - T-Rex - Lunch

If you were counting that is 11 character meals! I would love to do Cinderellas Royal table twice once for breakfast and once for Elsie's Birthday treat but Im not sure! Is it too much?

For all those character meals of course there are costumes to match but that is a whole different story!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #64
nilla
The sky is falling!
 
nilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
If you were counting that is 11 character meals! I would love to do Cinderellas Royal table twice once for breakfast and once for Elsie's Birthday treat but Im not sure! Is it too much?
Wow, that's A LOT of character meals!

While there's certainly something about eating in the Castle, we found the character interaction to be better at Akershus in the Norway pavilion. The Castle is so busy that you get the "love and shove" (that's CM speak for a quick character interaction), but at Epcot, the meetings were much less rushed. So if you're thinking of doing two meals at the Castle, you may want to look into Norway for one of those instead.
nilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #65
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post
Wow, that's A LOT of character meals!

While there's certainly something about eating in the Castle, we found the character interaction to be better at Akershus in the Norway pavilion. The Castle is so busy that you get the "love and shove" (that's CM speak for a quick character interaction), but at Epcot, the meetings were much less rushed. So if you're thinking of doing two meals at the Castle, you may want to look into Norway for one of those instead.
Elsie loves characters though and hoping it will keep her entertained during meal time!

I just have this perfect first day idea of getting up being at Magic Kingdom for rope drop a few photo pass pictures on Main Street breakfast at Cinderella's royal table guarantied to see some princesses then head of to find Rapunzel! Perfect princess morning.

We got engaged at Cinderellas Table as well so to me it is the most perfect place ever!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #66
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae
 
irongirlof12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK.
Posts: 5,587

I love that you have so many character meals, little ones can get really bored in table service restaurants, you will get some. Amazing photos my girls loved collecting autographs too, it gave them a good approach tactic
__________________
Andrea xxx
1994:Grosvenor 1996:POFQ 2002: Comfort Inn LBV 2007: CSR 2009:OKW 2011:POFQ&Dream HNY DLP 2012
irongirlof12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #67
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran
 
Tinkerbell1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Taunton, United Kingdom
Posts: 916

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post


It will be exactly 1 month before Elsie's birthday so not technically her birthday, but on our last trip we saw people celebrating birthdays that were 6 months prior. Dave and I laughed about it all trip because what are you celebrating the birthday 6 months ago or the birthday in 6 months time!

Haha, hey that will be me! I'm planning on getting a birthday badge at the Halloween party in October, and it was my birthday in May - just over 5 months late! But seeing as I'm paying for my ticket with my birthday money, it seems fair! And I'll have it for the tour, when its booked!

xxx
__________________
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #68
tigger17
DIS Veteran
 
tigger17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from the Magic
Posts: 824

that looks like you are going to have an amazing time with alot of character meal and you can never eat in the castle to many times
__________________
Me 5 trips to dlp. 2 trip to WDW
Mum (Tinkerbells Mum) 6 trips to dlp 3 trips to WDW
Mushu the catpurrr
tigger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #69
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
I love that you have so many character meals, little ones can get really bored in table service restaurants, you will get some. Amazing photos my girls loved collecting autographs too, it gave them a good approach tactic
How could we not visit the character meals when Elsie loves them so much! Our autograph book will definitely be full after this trip! I hope she doesn't develop a fear of them hopefully with going to DLP and seeing Santa in December will keep her confident!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1989 View Post
Haha, hey that will be me! I'm planning on getting a birthday badge at the Halloween party in October, and it was my birthday in May - just over 5 months late! But seeing as I'm paying for my ticket with my birthday money, it seems fair! And I'll have it for the tour, when its booked!

xxx
Well if you paid for it with your birthday money technically it is your birthday present so Ill let you off

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger17 View Post
that looks like you are going to have an amazing time with alot of character meal and you can never eat in the castle to many times
Thank you I know that is my opinion too!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #70
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,371

A must see

A few weeks ago Dave and I treated ourselves to a few DVD's off play.com well one is still yet to arrive but my Walt Disney World one that has made it all the way from The US of A arrived this morning!

The modern marvels Walt Disney World 2006

Such a good DVD! I really enjoyed watching it learning the history of Walt himself as well as the parks! The inventions the Disney company have created such as the steel roller coaster where would be with out some of the things he created!?!? Definitely worth a purchase if you have a DVD player that can play region 1 DVD's! One of the things I was very glad has changed are that the characters have improved Dopey and pooh bear on the cover are scary but if you do purchase it look out for the Mad Hatter :0

Or if you have I tunes they have Disney Park documentaries which are also worth watching!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #71
ROBEAR84
DIS Veteran
 
ROBEAR84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somerset, UK
Posts: 708

Hi fellow somersetter!

Just found your PTR as I've crossed over! we have a much longer wait until our wdw trip though unfortunately!

Shame I didn't find it sooner as Skye has the Frieda trunki you could have had! She'll be 7 by the time we next fly for wdw. Going by your posts and how popular they are I might put it on eBay now! Cole has the Gruffalo one. It's so cool, I wish adult cases were as much fun!!
__________________


March 2004 ~ Holiday Inn ** March 2010 ~ Cheyenne
October 2010 ~ Cheyenne ** June 2012 ~ Sequoia Lodge
September 2014 ~ WDW ~ Offsite villa - Davenport
The 'I can't think of a suitably magical title for this TR' TR ~ Half term at the Sequoia Lodge ~ June 2012
ROBEAR84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #72
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBEAR84 View Post
Hi fellow somersetter!

Just found your PTR as I've crossed over! we have a much longer wait until our wdw trip though unfortunately!

Shame I didn't find it sooner as Skye has the Frieda trunki you could have had! She'll be 7 by the time we next fly for wdw. Going by your posts and how popular they are I might put it on eBay now! Cole has the Gruffalo one. It's so cool, I wish adult cases were as much fun!!
Hi

Where in Somerset are you? We are in Burnham on Sea

When are you heading to WDW?

Oh no way! We love our Freida she gets pulled around the lounge all the time! Yes defiantly put it on Ebay you will make a fortune on it! Me too our boring big silver case!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #73
ROBEAR84
DIS Veteran
 
ROBEAR84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somerset, UK
Posts: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Hi

Where in Somerset are you? We are in Burnham on Sea

When are you heading to WDW?

Oh no way! We love our Freida she gets pulled around the lounge all the time! Yes defiantly put it on Ebay you will make a fortune on it! Me too our boring big silver case!
We're in Weston Super Mare!

Not going until 2014 which seems like such a long way off at the moment but DH did price up for next year and we just can't afford it. We need the time to save!

Aw Skye used to love her Frieda (well she still does but her legs are a little long for it now! - they had great fun having trunki races in the airport last year though!) one of the clips that the pull along strap goes on to got broken on our first trip away with it and trunki just sent me a new part for it free of charge. I've been a fan ever since! I think I might put them both on eBay (ssshh don't tell the kids!) it's highly unlikely we'll be travelling anywhere before wdw so the proceeds may as well go in the wdw kitty!

Btw... I love that you have so many character meals planned, I'm a little gutted that our two will be 6 and 7 by the time we go as I would love to go to the Disney junior one at the ages they are now. Wish they had those characters at DLP. Cole would go nuts to meet Jake at the moment!
__________________


March 2004 ~ Holiday Inn ** March 2010 ~ Cheyenne
October 2010 ~ Cheyenne ** June 2012 ~ Sequoia Lodge
September 2014 ~ WDW ~ Offsite villa - Davenport
The 'I can't think of a suitably magical title for this TR' TR ~ Half term at the Sequoia Lodge ~ June 2012
ROBEAR84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #74
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBEAR84 View Post
We're in Weston Super Mare!

Not going until 2014 which seems like such a long way off at the moment but DH did price up for next year and we just can't afford it. We need the time to save!

Aw Skye used to love her Frieda (well she still does but her legs are a little long for it now! - they had great fun having trunki races in the airport last year though!) one of the clips that the pull along strap goes on to got broken on our first trip away with it and trunki just sent me a new part for it free of charge. I've been a fan ever since! I think I might put them both on eBay (ssshh don't tell the kids!) it's highly unlikely we'll be travelling anywhere before wdw so the proceeds may as well go in the wdw kitty!

Btw... I love that you have so many character meals planned, I'm a little gutted that our two will be 6 and 7 by the time we go as I would love to go to the Disney junior one at the ages they are now. Wish they had those characters at DLP. Cole would go nuts to meet Jake at the moment!
Well hello there Neighbor! What a small world it is!

Wow thats great they just sent you the part Dave said the company are based in Bristol so a local company as well!

I know I wish they had Disney Junior characters in DLP Elsie would love to see handy manny and Jake! I have only ever done one character meal at WDW and that was Crystal Palace so it will all be new to me! She just loves the characters which I am really glad I was worried she would be scared but even on the TV advert she waves and screams "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" Which I guess is her Mickey lol! She can say Min and Dibney lol! Teach them young!

xxx
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #75
ROBEAR84
DIS Veteran
 
ROBEAR84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somerset, UK
Posts: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Well hello there Neighbor! What a small world it is!

Wow thats great they just sent you the part Dave said the company are based in Bristol so a local company as well!

I know I wish they had Disney Junior characters in DLP Elsie would love to see handy manny and Jake! I have only ever done one character meal at WDW and that was Crystal Palace so it will all be new to me! She just loves the characters which I am really glad I was worried she would be scared but even on the TV advert she waves and screams "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" Which I guess is her Mickey lol! She can say Min and Dibney lol! Teach them young!

xxx
It's a small world after aaaaaallllll :D

Yeah they were just round the corner from where I used to work. If you ever have a problem just email them!

Aw love Elsie! Cole was only 18 months on our first trip and I was worried he'd be scared of the characters (DHs sister still is and she's 30 something now!) but he adores then all (although almost cried when Hook came round at cafe mickey the first time we went! He's a huge hook fan now though thankfully!) teach them young indeed! Cole has a huge soft spot for Minnie and goes all bashful and giggly around her! So sweet
__________________


March 2004 ~ Holiday Inn ** March 2010 ~ Cheyenne
October 2010 ~ Cheyenne ** June 2012 ~ Sequoia Lodge
September 2014 ~ WDW ~ Offsite villa - Davenport
The 'I can't think of a suitably magical title for this TR' TR ~ Half term at the Sequoia Lodge ~ June 2012
ROBEAR84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.