Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #16
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Wow, what family history. I'm not sure if I read over this, but are your grandparents still alive? I am SO excited for you and your family! I'm even more excited that you decided to bring us along for the ride

How will you be getting from place to place? Planes, trains, automobiles?
Thanks! You know, the funny thing is that sometimes I took that history for granted because it was all I knew. Then you realize when you tell people about it, how special it is.

My Grandma is still alive. She's doing well enough. She lives next door to me and we care for her daily. My Grandpa passed away in 1992. Sometimes I can't believe it's been that long. He had a pretty severe stroke in the late eighties and he just deteriorated from there.

We will actually be using all three forms of transportation you mentioned. Very exciting indeed. I'll go into more detail soon.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:48 AM   #17
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Im subbing too!
This sounds like its going to be a brilliant trip and that is some pretty amazing family history you have. You should write it down for future generations. We had some interesting tapes of my Great grandmother talking about the Irish civil move for independance in 1916 but unfortunately lost them.
Cant wait to hear all your plans

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #18
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

That's some great maternal family history. I have to go back to my great grandparents before I hit anyone not born in Canada so I like to listen to other people's immigration stories.
Belgium looks gorgeous. I've already learned something I think I knew but I forgot -- the dual language thing. Very cool.
teekathepony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #19
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

I've followed along on many of your TR, but never posted. I have to say I'm so excited for you for this trip and can't wait to hear all about it. I, too, get heckled for eating mayo on my fries. Ketchup is yucky. I spent some time as an exchange student in Germany and that's where I picked that up. My DS prefers mayo, too!
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #20
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Sounds like an amazing trip!
Lifelong_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #21
Laura Loves Tigger
Earning My Ears

Subbing! I love your writing, you are sooo funny. How special to be taking this trip with your parents. I can't wait to read about your plans.

Laura Loves Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #23
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Hi I'm here. I can't wait to hear all about this one. It's going to be great. Is it just you and your parents or will your brothers be joining you for a family trip?

I don't think I've ever read a trip report that included Disneyland Paris.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #24
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wowsa - You have a great trip planned. Your dad is so cute! I like the blond hair. Will be back to read the details! NICE TRIP!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #25
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm here too!!! I will live through you!!! My dad wanted us to do two weeks in Europe when I graduated from high school and I chose Disney World..go figure, it was meant to be! I now would love to go to Europe but also on a cruise and to Hawaii lol. Can't wait for more!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #26
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Im subbing too!
This sounds like its going to be a brilliant trip and that is some pretty amazing family history you have. You should write it down for future generations. We had some interesting tapes of my Great grandmother talking about the Irish civil move for independance in 1916 but unfortunately lost them.
Cant wait to hear all your plans

I'm glad you're here. It really is something that we should write down. I never thought about it. That's awesome about the tapes, but sad that they were lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
That's some great maternal family history. I have to go back to my great grandparents before I hit anyone not born in Canada so I like to listen to other people's immigration stories.
Belgium looks gorgeous. I've already learned something I think I knew but I forgot -- the dual language thing. Very cool.
When I was a kid, I thought I was the coolest because my mom immigrated here. I love listening to all kinds of stories about people coming to the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
I've followed along on many of your TR, but never posted. I have to say I'm so excited for you for this trip and can't wait to hear all about it. I, too, get heckled for eating mayo on my fries. Ketchup is yucky. I spent some time as an exchange student in Germany and that's where I picked that up. My DS prefers mayo, too!

Yay, you came out of lurkdom!

Mayo is the way to go. And anyone who says otherwise....have clearly been trying Miracle Whip, and not real mayo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Sounds like an amazing trip!
Thanks! Glad you're here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Loves Tigger View Post
Subbing! I love your writing, you are sooo funny. How special to be taking this trip with your parents. I can't wait to read about your plans.
Thanks! I try to inject a little bit of humor in everything. Makes life a little easier to bear. I love traveling with my parents, so this is going to be awesome for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I am on board! I dream of going to Europe but I want to go and see things not typical. I can't wait to hear all the before and after stories!! I am also all into history so your family's story was wonderful to hear!!
Glad you're here! I agree about seeing things that aren't typical, but you'd be surprised how quickly you get drawn in by the things that everyone visits, like the Eiffel Tower and such. I never thought I'd be like that, but there are certain things you can't go and not see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Hi I'm here. I can't wait to hear all about this one. It's going to be great. Is it just you and your parents or will your brothers be joining you for a family trip?

I don't think I've ever read a trip report that included Disneyland Paris.
It's just going to be my parents and I. This trip has been a long time coming for us. I would love for us all to be going, but it's just not in the cards. Plus, none of them have passports. Hahaha. They'd have to get on that right away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wowsa - You have a great trip planned. Your dad is so cute! I like the blond hair. Will be back to read the details! NICE TRIP!
Yay, Mary Ellen!

Glad you like the blond hair. I'm actually blond naturally, just had it dark for a while. But man, dark hair is hard to come out of when you're light! It's taken me what seems like forever to get it to where I almost want it.

My dad is hilarious, and those faces are a regular occurrence. The man just cannot keep a straight face with anything. Or smile normally for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I'm here too!!! I will live through you!!! My dad wanted us to do two weeks in Europe when I graduated from high school and I chose Disney World..go figure, it was meant to be! I now would love to go to Europe but also on a cruise and to Hawaii lol. Can't wait for more!
Hi Megan!

Okay, I love Disney World, but had I been given the option to pick between the two at high school graduation, I would have picked Europe. That being said though, I was glad that I was older the first time we visited, because I think it made more of an impact.

Oh yeah, a cruise, Hawaii, and much much more is on my list of things to do also!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 04-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #27
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Sounds great! We're hoping to visit Paris and London some day so I'm joining in.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #28
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Sounds great! We're hoping to visit Paris and London some day so I'm joining in.
Yay. I hope you get to visit someday soon.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 04-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #29
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Sounds like an amazing trip. Looking forward to hearing all about some new places!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:02 AM   #30
oOJulieOo
Mouseketeer

Joining in!

Your trip sounds awesome!

My husband, our daughter, and I moved to Switzerland almost a year ago and we have been traveling quite a bit, but haven't yet made it to Belgium or Luxembourg (or DLP!), so I am looking forward to reading about these places on your PTR/TR.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: