Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
mmmears
DIS Veteran

It really does depend on what you tend to order, where you choose to eat, and how often. For example, my DD and I often split entrees and we almost never order dessert or drinks. This isn't because of the cost; it's just the way we eat. And we often stay CL, so we don't need to buy snacks or eat as many meals in the parks. That's why it helps to look at the menus and figure out if it makes financial sense for you. After a couple of our trips, my DH did the math and said we came out WAY ahead by not buying the DDP.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #17
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Basically, you only have 6 table service meals list and a 9 night stay, so you'll need to add a few more meals in order to even get close to the DP being worth it. If you're content with the 6 meals you have listed and counter service to fill in the blanks, then it's not going to be worth it for you.

We've done both as two adults, and while I prefer paying out of pocket (though we still end up eating very similar to the dining plan) my husband prefers to pay everything in advance and the ability to order the most expensive thing on the menu without worrying about the ticket price.

The desserts basically ended up being the "savings" on the dining plan for us, and since we hardly finished them, it wasn't much of a savings.
POFQ Apr 13-20 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
diznee25
"Curse you perry the platypus!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger i luv DISNEY View Post
My best friend and I are headed to WDW for 10 days... we will both be 21 years old and graduating University!

I'm stuck as to whether or not I should get the dining plan? How much is it per day? and how does it work?

We plan on eating only like twice a day (we aren't huge breakfast people) more like early lunch 11am, after touring, and then early supper like 5pm then snacks before nightly show - ice cream/popcorn etc.

We plan on eating at Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Rainforest Cafe (downtown), Ohana's (maybe), Tony's (maybe) and one Epcot Restaurant (still deciding)...

Other than that - so one big meal a day (with ADR) one small quick something...

Worth it???
My husband and I did the Dining Plan on our last trip. It includes a lot of food! More than we could eat....including too many snack credits. Plus my DH didn't like the "credit system." We always had to ask a cashier how many credits were left because they weren't printing out on our receipts....

So it didn't work out for us. My DH even told me a few days ago to NOT get the Dining Plan for our October trip! He just wants to be able to order food, and not worry about what's included (or excluded) from the plan and not feel obligated to get the most expensive entree...it's a lot of work that we don't want on our vacation!

So if that sounds like you, then I wouldn't suggest the Dining Plan. We tried it just to experience it and see if we liked it. Tried it, didn't like it, and we'll go back to just paying out of pocket.

Seriously, you can't go wrong either way. As you can see, the Dining Plan is very popular.

Good luck in your decision!

diznee25

diznee25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character meals, dining plan, food, resturants

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: