Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Stefanie Peacock
Earning My Ears

Christmas in Disneyland! I have 5 questions! LOL

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read all this and give me your feedback! I am an over planner so to speak and my mind runs all night when I do not have the answers, so I thought to myself, just ask your group of Dis friends! LOL

1. Disneyland Candy Canes?
I have a quick question. Was anyone in Disneyland for Christmas 2011? The candy canes they make, do they make them on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? We have booked the Disneyland hotel landing and checking in on Christmas Eve at 9am. We are staying until Dec. 29th 2012. Anyone know if they make the candy canes on those actual days? I really wanted the kiddos to experience that and was wondering if anyone out there knows?
Thanks so much in advance for your help, it means a lot!

2. Dinner on Christmas in Disneyland?
This is the very first time we will be away from home on Christmas and I was wondering if anyone knew where the best place to eat for a family on Christmas night? We wanted a traditional Christmas type of dinner, but also special with Disney touches. We are planning on eating on Christmas Eve at Goofy's Kitchen. That will be the first night we land there. We will not have a car, we decided to spend the whole week just on Disney property. It is our very first time during Christmas and I want to make sure it is super special for the kids since we will be away from home for the first time.
Thanks so much for your help in advance.

3. Disneyland Hotel Holiday in room celebration?
I had a quick question, was anyone in Disneyland staying at the Disneyland Hotel and did the Holiday In Room Celebration? Or the Christmas Tree? Or the Santa Bag? Would you say they are worth it? and do you have any pictures? There will be six of us traveling together and it is just a lot of money and I wanted to see what you guys thought.
Thanks so much!

4. Disneyland in California Candlelight Ceremony & Procession?
Does anyone know if they do this ceremony on Christmas Eve or Christmas day? Thanks so much in advance!

5. Closing and Opening
On Christmas Eve, what time does the park normally close and then what time on Christmas Day does it open?

Thanks again and sorry for so many questions! We have never ever been away from home during Christmas and I want to make sure we know everything there is to know and plan it right because I heard it is the most crowded time of the year! OH! Also, our dates we will be there are Dec. 24th - Dec. 29th 2012

Thanks!!

Stefanie
Peacock Family! Disney World and Disney Cruise April 18th 2015, Disney for Christmas 2013 Disney's Aulani October 13th 2012, Disneyland for Halloween 2011, Disney's Aulani December 2011, Disneyland October 2011, Disney World and Disney Cruise May 2011, Disneyland 2010, Disney World 2009, Disneyland 2008, 2007, 2006
Stefanie Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie Peacock View Post
I have a quick question. Was anyone in Disneyland for Christmas 2011? The candy canes they make, do they make them on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? We have booked the Disneyland hotel landing and checking in on Christmas Eve at 9am. We are staying until Dec. 29th 2012. Anyone know if they make the candy canes on those actual days? I really wanted the kiddos to experience that and was wondering if anyone out there knows?
Dates are before Christmas eve in past years
Quote:
4. Disneyland in California Candlelight Ceremony & Procession?
Does anyone know if they do this ceremony on Christmas Eve or Christmas day? Thanks so much in advance!
Traditionally held first weekend of December, twice Saturday and Sunday.
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...1. Disneyland Candy Canes?
I have a quick question. Was anyone in Disneyland for Christmas 2011? The candy canes they make, do they make them on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? ...
I was there the 23rd - 27th last year and there were no candy cane days.

Quote:
This is the very first time we will be away from home on Christmas and I was wondering if anyone knew where the best place to eat for a family on Christmas night? We wanted a traditional Christmas type of dinner, but also special with Disney touches. We are planning on eating on Christmas Eve at Goofy's Kitchen. That will be the first night we land there. We will not have a car, we decided to spend the whole week just on Disney property. It is our very first time during Christmas and I want to make sure it is super special for the kids since we will be away from home for the first time.
Thanks so much for your help in advance.
The Christmas dinner inside the PPH had characters and looked wonderful. Wish we had done that!!! We had a fabulous Christmas Eve dinner at Napa Rose, BTW!
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
SkRiderMom
Earning My Ears

If you're planning a Christmas trip to Disneyland you should check out Sherry's awesome superthread - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2612827
SkRiderMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
SparkleCee
Earning My Ears

I don't have all of the answers, but I did want to chime in.

Quote:

1. Like someone else said, check the schedule, but it doesn't happen ON Christmas. That being said, there are usually the same ones (just made offsite) available.

2. I haven't had Christmas dinner at GF, but I do want to backup what someone else said about Napa Rose for Christmas dinner. The husband and I went for Christmas this year and ate there and it was outstanding. The highlight of our trip.

I know you'll have an amazing trip. While it's weird being away from family on Christmas, we loved our time there so much that we're going to make it an annual tradition.
SparkleCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read all this and give me your feedback! I am an over planner so to speak and my mind runs all night when I do not have the answers, so I thought to myself, just ask your group of Dis friends! LOL

We are at Disneyland from Dec 22- Jan3 most years. No candy canes for the 24th or 25th. Generally they have made them on Wed and Fridays. Dates will come out in early November.

Quote:
Storytellers has an excellent Christmas dinner. We did it last year and really liked it.

Quote:
5. Closing and Opening
On Christmas Eve, what time does the park normally close and then what time on Christmas Day does it open?
Christmas Eve - Closes at 9pm if not a weekend. But it might change... Christmas Day, 8am.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
candy canes, christmas time, dinner, disneyland, holiday season

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: