Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #16
WeLoveABD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufbuf View Post
The goodies arrive about a month before, correct? I can't remember. Hmmm... I updated our passport info too but I didn't ask them about the item choices. Maybe I should call them later...

WeLoveABD, how many pre-nights are you doing? We are doing only one pre-night since we are pressed for time and we are doing a half-day trip to Corinth.
We called to let ABD know of our preference re bags (we elected the pillow/blanket). We have an afternoon (AM arrival), then a full day on our own and most of the next day (with the ABD welcome dinner that night)--so depending on how we are feeling upon arrival, we may be hanging out at the pool for a while that afternoon and then do an evening walk (the hotel has a shuttle to the central square). We purchased Hop On/Hop Off tickets in advance from Viator so will be jumping around Athens with that bus for most of the free time there (the HOHO ends at 6, so we will be doing more pool and down time in the evening). We are now just a day or two outside of our 6 weeks before window--so our ABD boxes should be arriving within the next week or two!
ABD: Scotland (2014), Greece (06/12), Peru (08/11), Germany (12/09), Knights & Lights (12/08), China (06/08), Italy (06/07). DCL: 7 night Alaska Cruise Disney Wonder (7/13), 5 night Xmas Cruise Disney Dream (12/12), 12 night Baltic Disney Magic (06/10), 10-Night Mediterranean Cruise Barcelona, Disney Magic (06/07) Mexican Riveria Cruise Disney Magic (06/05), 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic (05/02), 7-Night Vacation Pkg : 4-Night resort and 3-Night cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic (05/99). Hong Kong Disneyland (2008), Paris Disneyland (2008), WDW a few and Disneyland 100+; D23 Charter Member. And completely unbiased!
WeLoveABD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #17
nordkin
DIS Veteran

As you may know we are on the first trip in May.

For those interested in the Hop on Hop off bus there is a discount code you can enter directly on the Citysightseeing site that gives you 25% off the cost of the two day ticket.. The code is MATALAN25. Just be aware if your credit card charges a foreign transaction fee it does apply. I bought ours the other day and paid $43.49 for two tickets. The tickets are good for both the red and blue loops. They emailed the voucher to me within seconds.

People have asked what we are doing in our pre-stay of four days.
In order of priority:
National Archeological Museum
Karameikos Cemetary
Tower of the Winds
National Gardens
Half day trip to the Temple of Poseidon
Day trip to Corinth
Temple of Hephaestus

There are more things, but these are our priorities.

We have guide books for Athens and Crete that we are willing to pass on to the first person to request them. Of course that is once we get back.

I am planning on doing a trip report while we are gone, but will be posting when I can find a free hot spot or when we get to Santorini since that hotel and the one in Crete are both supposed to have free internet access.
nordkin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordkin View Post
As you may know we are on the first trip in May.

For those interested in the Hop on Hop off bus there is a discount code you can enter directly on the Citysightseeing site that gives you 25% off the cost of the two day ticket.. The code is MATALAN25. Just be aware if your credit card charges a foreign transaction fee it does apply. I bought ours the other day and paid $43.49 for two tickets. The tickets are good for both the red and blue loops. They emailed the voucher to me within seconds.

People have asked what we are doing in our pre-stay of four days.
In order of priority:
National Archeological Museum
Karameikos Cemetary
Tower of the Winds
National Gardens
Half day trip to the Temple of Poseidon
Day trip to Corinth
Temple of Hephaestus

There are more things, but these are our priorities.

We have guide books for Athens and Crete that we are willing to pass on to the first person to request them. Of course that is once we get back.

I am planning on doing a trip report while we are gone, but will be posting when I can find a free hot spot or when we get to Santorini since that hotel and the one in Crete are both supposed to have free internet access.
I'm so looking forward to your report, because I'm 99% sure I'm taking this trip next year! I'll take the guidebooks if nobody else has claimed them!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #19
nordkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I'm so looking forward to your report, because I'm 99% sure I'm taking this trip next year! I'll take the guidebooks if nobody else has claimed them!

Sayhello
They are yours. When I get back I will contact you concerning the address to send them to.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #20
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
They are yours. When I get back I will contact you concerning the address to send them to.
Cool! Thanks.

Sayhello
Old 05-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #21
nordkin
DIS Veteran

We leave tomorrow for this trip. The transportation provided by ABD is supposed to pick us up at 9:30 tomorrow morning. We are flying from Washington Reagan to Philadelphia and then nonstop Philaldelphia to Athens on US Air. We are staying at the Intercontinental for our prestay, booked through ABD, and I have confirmed that breakfast is included each morning. Our last trip both ABD and the hotel negelected to tell us and another couple we befriended on the plane this.

I am planning on a trip report with photos, but will wait until we have free internet access to post. It seems like it took forever for this day to arrive and we are ready for the adventure.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #22
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We leave tomorrow for this trip. The transportation provided by ABD is supposed to pick us up at 9:30 tomorrow morning. We are flying from Washington Reagan to Philadelphia and then nonstop Philaldelphia to Athens on US Air. We are staying at the Intercontinental for our prestay, booked through ABD, and I have confirmed that breakfast is included each morning. Our last trip both ABD and the hotel negelected to tell us and another couple we befriended on the plane this.

I am planning on a trip report with photos, but will wait until we have free internet access to post. It seems like it took forever for this day to arrive and we are ready for the adventure.
Have a wonderful time! You're our Greece groundbreaker! Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:49 AM   #23
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Have a FABULOUS time! Safe travels!

Sayhello

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: